ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:10 pm

muj1 wrote:I'll be praying :)

Muj

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Last edited by shahzad80 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:06 pm

ss27, you wanna make a fresh application???

If you do then you'll have to be 100% certain. In some cases it is not advisable to make a fresh application (like mine for example, which was a straight forward case).

When making a fresh application you do not have to wait for the outcome of your appeal, in fact you can have your new application being processed whilst your appeal is being dealt with. If the appeal gets accepted and refusal overturned then you would have wasted a lot of money just for a fresh application. If your appeal grounds are strong then it's not worth making a fresh application.

I see you said your wife has done English test now, well then you might be better off making a fresh application anyways then because her doing English test is something completely new to the first application so your appeal may fail in this case - if going through this route that is.

FaithHill, no probs :). I am the sponsor and she applied in Islamabad. At the time I was with her, although I am not a lawyer but I have basic legal understanding (Business) so it was fun making the first application and gathering all the documents, not sure if my wife will agree with me :D haha.

abman51, the length of marriage and application has no solid bearings on the decision. I wouldn't call your decision to get married without a job "stupid", you did something which I did too lol so don't worry about that. Just make sure you apply asap though. Hopefully before November 2011 (just so that you're applying within one year of after getting married). In your letter from sponsor it may be a good idea to just let ECO know why you didn't apply last year - so that you don't let them raise their eyebrow so to speak, so that if alarm bells are ringing in their head after reading that you got married in Nov 2010 and are applying in 2011 then you have that covered. The key is don't let any alarm bells ring in the ECO's mind, if they raise an eyebrow and you don't have an answer in your application then refusal chances go up.

P.S. sorry for using 'alarm bells' I know it sounds kinda odd, not sure what the proper word was, but hope you know what I meant.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

okara87

Post by okara87 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:21 pm

At least FaithHill your status says its being processed. I have checked for the past couple of weeks and my status still says forwarded to Islamabad OC!

Submitted LHE- 15/04/11

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:06 am

okara87 wrote:At least FaithHill your status says its being processed. I have checked for the past couple of weeks and my status still says forwarded to Islamabad OC!

Submitted LHE- 15/04/11
In my time that I've been on this forum some people have had similar issues in the past but it was a matter of staff not updating the system for those people. It's just one of those odd occasions where people have this issue (random).

You submitted in April so chances of your application still being forwarded - practically are very small to impossible. Have you contacted Gerrys staff about this? Am sure ur application must be under process with BHC as opposed to being forwarded to OC. You still got a couple of weeks left before hitting 12 weeks so inshallah all will be well.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:35 am

Last edited by shahzad80 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13849157 immigration cuts in the offing

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:46 am

Shadow86 wrote:
okara87 wrote:At least FaithHill your status says its being processed. I have checked for the past couple of weeks and my status still says forwarded to Islamabad OC!

Submitted LHE- 15/04/11
In my time that I've been on this forum some people have had similar issues in the past but it was a matter of staff not updating the system for those people. It's just one of those odd occasions where people have this issue (random).

You submitted in April so chances of your application still being forwarded - practically are very small to impossible. Have you contacted Gerrys staff about this? Am sure ur application must be under process with BHC as opposed to being forwarded to OC. You still got a couple of weeks left before
hitting 12 weeks so inshallah all will be well.
Awww then that might be a problem with their updating it. How so foolish? I mean they take it so easy when the poor applicants are all so anxious n worried for their applications,n they dont waste time seeing if there's some prob updating? Huh..@okara u should rather contact Gerry's n ask them what the prob is. @shadow what do u recommend? Shall we wait for tge 12 wks to complete or email them meanwhile n ask where has it reached. Or just wait n be patient? ;plol. I think girls are always more anxious about the visa. :roll:

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:12 am

Hello everybody,

My husband submitted his application on 15/04/2011, it changed to "visa application is under process at the British High Commission" on 3/05/2011 and I haven't heard anything since then :roll:.

Hope to hear something soon! Good luck to me and everybody waiting lol :)

roobs
Newly Registered

HI

Post by roobs » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:33 am

I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME ANY TIPS OR ADVICE? WE ARE ABOUT TO APPLY FOR MY HUSBAND TO GO TO THE UK WITH ME AND THE CHILDREN WHO ARE BRITISH BORN AS AM MYSELF.WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR MORE THAN FOUR YEARS NOW. ANYONE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME RECENTLY? WE ALL HAVE BRITISH PASSPORTS EXCEPT MY HUSBAND.

THANKS

batleykhan

Re: HI

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:01 pm

roobs wrote:I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME ANY TIPS OR ADVICE? WE ARE ABOUT TO APPLY FOR MY HUSBAND TO GO TO THE UK WITH ME AND THE CHILDREN WHO ARE BRITISH BORN AS AM MYSELF.WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR MORE THAN FOUR YEARS NOW. ANYONE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME RECENTLY? WE ALL HAVE BRITISH PASSPORTS EXCEPT MY HUSBAND.

THANKS
You will have to fo through teh same procedure as everybody else, except your husband will be appling for ILE whereas everyone else here are appling for ILR.The procedure for both is the same. read some post here and then ask further questions if you are not sure about anything

Please dont use capital letters when posting

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:14 pm

@ saeraj

email from Abu Dhabi suggests that they have not received the determination........which means I need to chase up POU - I called cardiff for POU contact details for area of West Midlands but they couldnt help me

Not sure whether emailing Abu Dhabi with determination copy will help???

AIT have already told me that UKBA will not appeal against judges decision.........so they should issue call letter...........

AIT gave me a fax number (no tel number) for the POU based in Birmingham - have faxed them but nothing so far.........it's nearly 6 weeks since appeal allowed & still no call letter..........

Ideally I need a number for POU so I can SPEAK to someone........Im not having much luck!!!

@ Shazad80 appeal was heard in Walsall

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Salam and hello All
I have applied for Settlement visa on 13 may i use to follow this site when i was in UK i am in Pakistan from last 6 month but this site has been banned for Most of Pakistani IPs so most of them can't view this i think they have blocked for pakistan as its sounds like its administrator is Indian i request all Please use this site www.spammer.com/uk-immigration-trackers for your valuable views so the people in Pakistan can also contribute and learn from it

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Missy_22, inshallah you'll hear of something nearer to the 12 weeks since 15th April 2011, so hang in there.

FaithHill, I would suggest you be patient, inshallah your patience will be rewarded :). Not all girls are anxious. In my situation I was the anxious one whilst my wife was relaxed (after the appeal that is). Before appeal she was anxious and I was relaxed - well kinda, :P

Safia suggested to me to use the premium lounge service at Gerry's when submitting passport, is it worth it for 3,000 Rs.???? She got her passport back in 10 days through premium lounge. She says you don't need to book an appointment, I mean if my wife can get next day appointment i'm down with that, not really in a hurry for an appointment. But besides appointment does premium lounge service help in processing the passport's visa quicker??

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:06 pm

vsimplek wrote:Salam and hello All
I have applied for Settlement visa on 13 may i use to follow this site when i was in UK i am in Pakistan from last 6 month but this site has been banned for Most of Pakistani IPs so most of them can't view this i think they have blocked for pakistan as its sounds like its administrator is Indian i request all Please use this site www.spammer.com/uk-immigration-trackers for your valuable views so the people in Pakistan can also contribute and learn from it
UHHHHHH IM USING IT IN PAKISTAN.........
THIS IS THE BEST SITE WE WILL NOT MOVE
ALSO ADMINS DO U ALLOW ADVERTISEMENTS OF OTHER WEBSITES???????

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:25 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Missy_22, inshallah you'll hear of something nearer to the 12 weeks since 15th April 2011, so hang in there.

FaithHill, I would suggest you be patient, inshallah your patience will be rewarded :). Not all girls are anxious. In my situation I was the anxious one whilst my wife was relaxed (after the appeal that is). Before appeal she was anxious and I was relaxed - well kinda, :P

Safia suggested to me to use the premium lounge service at Gerry's when submitting passport, is it worth it for 3,000 Rs.???? She got her passport back in 10 days through premium lounge. She says you don't need to book an appointment, I mean if my wife can get next day appointment i'm down with that, not really in a hurry for an appointment. But besides appointment does premium lounge service help in processing the passport's visa quicker??
. @-Shadow: " Your visa will be processed and decided by the UK Border Agency. This process is the same for all applicants, regardless of whether they have used the Premium Lounge Service." source: ukvacpk website...

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:10 pm

Shadow86 wrote:Missy_22, inshallah you'll hear of something nearer to the 12 weeks since 15th April 2011, so hang in there.

Ehehe lolz,yeah it varies from person to person. Well, as a person im very patient and tolerant though many of u here must be findibg me not to be so, at all. Lol but those who've gone through this situation before can well understand :),the agony ;p
Well, regarding the premium lounge. No no not at all, its got nothing to do with the time of processing becoz thats in hands of the Uk border agency nor the Gerry's. It only is slightly helpful only the day u go fr submission, that the premium lounge one's pay double n still they were only 5 or so applicants be4 me. Actually they befool us guys. Is Safia the wifey? :)

Best of luck!

Visa321

Changes to the spouse visa english test?

Post by Visa321 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:56 pm

I've heard that there are going to be some changes to the test from the 17th of July 2011. Does any one know what the changes will be and also is it true that if you have passed the test or pass it before the 17th of July then you need to submit your application before the 18th of July, otherwise you will have re-do the test.

Thanks

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Dear members

Inshallah you all will get the visa.

But I want to mention some thing.I am from Lahore .

I am living in London from last 5 years.I have a full time job as well.but I am not happy here at all.I am praying to Allah day and night to arrange any opportunity in Pakistan so I can live and work in my own country and peoples.

I am fade up from emotionless life here.
I don't like the small hen houses here.
Weather is always rainy or cold.
Every thing is very expensive.hardly any saving if living with family.
Living far from your soil and relatives.

I will prefer to half in the Pakistan than the double here.

So please pray for me that Allah arrange some thing in Pakistan for me.I know the condition is not good in Pakistan but I still love the streets villages and cities ,,,,every thing.

Why you people are so desperate to come here?

vsimplek

Post by vsimplek » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
vsimplek wrote:Salam and hello All
UHHHHHH IM USING IT IN PAKISTAN.........
THIS IS THE BEST SITE WE WILL NOT MOVE
ALSO ADMINS DO U ALLOW ADVERTISEMENTS OF OTHER WEBSITES???????

Dear Anjum i am not advertising for any website its really blocked here i am trying to access this website but its says you are banned from viewing i am using PTCL Broadband i have used PTCL EVO but its same at last i change my ip address to UK IP address and i got access to this site I really like this website Thanks

okara87

Post by okara87 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:41 pm

@shadow86 and FaithHill. I have been in touch with Gerrys and they have at least said 'its being processed'. That is as much as I can get from them.

So I guess I just have to be patient. Not long now anyway

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:47 pm

CRT7 wrote:@ saeraj

email from Abu Dhabi suggests that they have not received the determination........which means I need to chase up POU - I called cardiff for POU contact details for area of West Midlands but they couldnt help me

Not sure whether emailing Abu Dhabi with determination copy will help???

AIT have already told me that UKBA will not appeal against judges decision.........so they should issue call letter...........

AIT gave me a fax number (no tel number) for the POU based in Birmingham - have faxed them but nothing so far.........it's nearly 6 weeks since appeal allowed & still no call letter..........

Ideally I need a number for POU so I can SPEAK to someone........Im not having much luck!!!

@ Shazad80 appeal was heard in Walsall
i tried to find the phone number for POU, Birmingham but only the fax number is available.

emailing the determination to the visa sec, abudhabi is good for nothing bcaz they still need official copy for further process.

i ll suggest u to atleast fax to POU and request them to send a copy again to the visa sec, abudhabi

best of luck

faz4
Newly Registered

how long

Post by faz4 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 pm

salaam brothers and sisters

mashallah very good and helpful site,

my partner just got their settlement visa its valid for 27 months, does anyone know how long they have to fly out is it 28 days

or if they fly out in a couple of months will it look bad when they go through immigration

jazakallah khairun

faz

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:32 pm

FaithHill wrote:Ehehe lolz,yeah it varies from person to person. Well, as a person im very patient and tolerant though many of u here must be findibg me not to be so, at all. Lol but those who've gone through this situation before can well understand :),the agony ;p
Well, regarding the premium lounge. No no not at all, its got nothing to do with the time of processing becoz thats in hands of the Uk border agency nor the Gerry's. It only is slightly helpful only the day u go fr submission, that the premium lounge one's pay double n still they were only 5 or so applicants be4 me. Actually they befool us guys. Is Safia the wifey? :)

Best of luck!
Thanks UKVA4 and FaithHill. So Premium lounge can go jump off a cliff. My wife can do quite a bit with the 3k Rs. instead anyways :P.

Safia is also a member on this forum, her husband recently had his visa refusal overturned and passport was returned within 10 days of submission. He used premium lounge service so Safia recommended it to me. I suppose its so that my wife can submit her passport without waiting but 3k is a lot of money still so we'd both rather way for next day or day after to submit passport.

okara87, that's good then, as long as it is being processed you're alright. So hang in there and inshallah you'll receive good news inshallah as the 12 week mark approaches.

amson90
Newly Registered

Salaam faz

Post by amson90 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Salaam faz I'm sure they should really come within 28 days
By the way when did u apply and how long has it taken????