ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long do details stay on file

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

soniyashah
Newly Registered

How long do details stay on file

Post by soniyashah » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:50 pm

Could anyone please advice me as to how long your details are kept on the Embassys computers once you have been refused a visa both by the ECO and at the appeal.

Also how long should one wait to resubmit.

I am getting all sorts of different answers from different people.

I would like some more advice on the EEA scheme. COuld you please advice where I can get some more details.

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:13 pm

The simple answer to your question is .... many years ... or in these days of computer records, possibly indefinitely.

Certainly there is not realistic possibility of you waiting to submit a further application and the previous records not being there.

In any case the application to be filed will of course need to be honest and complete, including details of previous applications.

EEA "scheme"? What are you wanting to know? You are married to an EEA national, or in long-term relationship with an EEA national? If so, what is their nationality?
John

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:38 am

i think the details are kept at their records more or less permanently. i know a friend who had applied to come to UK as a student 15 years ago and was refused was still on their files (although he had forgotten himself!)

i dont know what was the reason for your refusal at both the ECO stage and appeals stage. but seems like if appeal was rejected there must be a 'cruicial document' missing. You should really work to address that.

good luck

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:07 am

I don't think it would really matter how long the details are kept on file, (which is probably indefinetly anyway as everythings backed onto computers nowadays and archived, they might destroy the actual papers but the information will always be around) but reagrdless of all that, you'd have to state on your fresh application any previous refusals along with the reference number. If you leave it out then its a bit of a gamble to take cos if they find out then they'll wonder why you lied on the form and what you had to hide.

Honesty is always the best policy :)