ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa- parents called for interview

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RVD
Newly Registered

Settlement visa- parents called for interview

Post by RVD » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi All
We filed for my parent's settlement visa(ELDERLY DEPENDANT ) and have been informed that they need to attend an interview with the British High Commission in Mumbai.
Has anyone gone through this process ? Do you know what to expect at the interview ? Can me or my husband fly to India to support them - I mean will we be allowed to be with them during the interview ?
Any guidance / information will be a huge help.
Thank you
RVD

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:46 am

When did u applied?

RVD
Newly Registered

Post by RVD » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:48 am

End of March.Why do you ask Ejaz12?

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:51 am

Ok thanks actually i applied for my settlement visa on 1st april from Mumbai and still waiting... so i asked... Which date did u apply? and which date r u going for inerview?

RVD
Newly Registered

Post by RVD » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:43 am

Does everyone asking for a settlement visa have to go for an interview ? I thought only because this was a parent settlement visa we are being asked to go for an interview ( next week).Under what category have you appplied ?

RVD

Ejaz12

Post by Ejaz12 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:56 am

I applied to join my wife in UK... On which date u applied exactly?

Well as far as i know Niether u nor ur wife wil be allowed with ur parents in interview....

RVD
Newly Registered

Post by RVD » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:34 am

My parents applied on the 27th of March.I have read on this forum that people receive a response by the 60th working day - that is when we received the interview call as well.

All the best to you ! However I have still not received any reply from anyone about the interview process.Please can people who have gone through this help ?
RVD