ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skr27

Post by skr27 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 am

Just starting a timeline for my application which I submitted yesterday. will update it when I reach next stage.
NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Oxford
Date of submission or posting : 20/6/2011
CRITERIA - 10 Year (incl 5 year WP)+Iyr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : PENDING
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :PENDING
Date of receipt of approval : PENDING
Date of receipt of invitations : PENDING
Date of Ceremony : PENDING
Date of appln. for passport : PENDING
Method used : PENDING
Date of Receipt : PENDING

jonway12
Newly Registered

Impatient

Post by jonway12 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:33 am

rightmove wrote:
adkal2011 wrote:Hi Guys,
Good Morning. It is quite obvious that some naturalisation applications are
jumping the queue to be alloted to the case worker for some hidden
reasons. Case worker allotment doesn't seems to be a fair
process.Some applicants from May 2011 got approvals where as some
applicants from late Feb, March and April 11 are waiting to be
alloted to a case worker for more than 2-3 months.There is no
genuine queue as such.
Case worker allotment seems to be very random, choosy and unfair.
please follow the link to post your annotations
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-180584
cheers
Sian
why are people doing this... this is height of irresponsibility. every case is different and hence every case will take different amount of time. and those who are waiting for citizenship are not being thrown out of the country neither is there any human rights etc being violated. its amazing to see the lack of pateince. how much difference does it make if it is 1 month or 2 month that UKBA takes to process your app. of course there will be differences based on nationality etc. lets accept those from countries with notorious background will go through more srutiny compared to others.
Every case is treated individually but all nationalty are treated the same no preference of one country to another.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:00 am

MN1 Application for my 4 years old daughter .will update it when I reach next stage.

NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Banbury/Oxford
Date of submission or posting : 08/6/2011
CRITERIA - Born in UK +Parents Got ILR recently(5 years on HSMP )
Form Scanned : No (had called Home Office)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : PENDING
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :PENDING
Date of receipt of approval : PENDING
Date of appln. for passport : PENDING
Method used : PENDING
Date of Receipt : PENDING

rightmove

Re: Impatient

Post by rightmove » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:13 am

adkal2011 wrote:Every case is treated individually but all nationalty are treated the same no preference of one country to another.
so, if every case is treated individually, its implicit that every aspect of the individual can be treated separately. anyways, my personal view is some people are unnecessarily creating nuisance for UKBA...

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:44 am

rajesh_kumar01 and denzel247 - our timelines are pretty similar.
I reckon the payment should be out sometime this week!

Best Wishes

Amaithi
Newly Registered

Post by Amaithi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 am

I am a new member and this forum gives lot of info and I am thankful to all members. At the same time I am really surprised by the amount of impatient of few members like calling HO in a month to ask status and sending complaint letters etc.

I assume every person applying for Naturalization must be holding ILR. So you are not thrown out of the country. I do not understand why some people are so desperate to know status within 30 day etc while they clearly say 6 months processing time. Are you desperate to claim some benifits by becoming Brit citizen?

I have applied and here below is my timeline. In fact I sometime I forget that I have applied and I do not keep checking or calling. Yes
I will call if I do not hear anything from them after 6 months.

NCS
Cambridge
Date of submission or posting 23/05/11 (received by HO 24/05/11)
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 HSMP + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card - 01/06/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - I got it, but I did not check date. I have kept lr safely that's all.
Date of approval -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport
Method used Check and Send
Passport Interview date :
Date of passport receipt:
Last edited by Amaithi on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Amaithi wrote:At the same time I am really surprised by the amount of impatient of few members like calling HO in a month to ask status and sending complaint letters etc.

I assume every person applying for Naturalization must be holding ILR. So you are not thrown out of the country. I do not understand why some people are so desperate to know status within 30 day etc while they clearly say 6 months processing time. Are you desperate to claim some benifits by becoming Brit citizen?
Sir , Your Assumption is not right in all cases . In some cases you need not to apply for ILR to get BC. My daugther was born in UK and She is now eligible for British as we have got ILR now . She doesn't have ILR as it was not required. But Now issue is , her Visa will expire in 2 weeks time so she can't travel out of UK until she gets her British Passport or She apply for ILR(get extension of Her Visa).
But in general you observation is right.

cheers

model
Newly Registered

Post by model » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:17 pm

rajesh_kumar01 wrote:
Amaithi wrote:At the same time I am really surprised by the amount of impatient of few members like calling HO in a month to ask status and sending complaint letters etc.

Sir , Your Assumption is not right in all cases . In some cases you need not to apply for ILR to get BC. My daugther was born in UK and She is now eligible for British as we have got ILR now . She doesn't have ILR as it was not required. But Now issue is , her Visa will expire in 2 weeks time so she can't travel out of UK until she gets her British Passport or She apply for ILR(get extension of Her Visa).

cheers

Every one circumstance differs. No one is here to get benifits as you mentioned. People has travel plans and school hoildays they may go out for next 2 months.
Cheers

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:27 pm

model wrote:[Every one circumstance differs. No one is here to get benifits as you mentioned. People has travel plans and school hoildays they may go out for next 2 months.
Cheers
right and if im not wrong, everybody should be able to travel on current citizenship with a visa... extra cost of visa? yes. thats fact of life.

Amaithi
Newly Registered

Post by Amaithi » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:46 pm

cheers[/quote]

========
Mr Rajesh, if you hold ILR and if your daughter is born in UK, you need not go through all these process of naturalization. She can apply for Brit PP directly with IPS as she is citizen by birth.

I am 100% sure about this as my faughter was born when I was having ILR and she got her Brit PP directly when I applied for her PP. She is already a citizen by birth

If your daughter was before your ILR, then as soon as you get your ILR she can apply for "Citizenship by Registration"

In any of the case you DO NOT NEED naturalisation process for your daughter if you hold ILR now

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:04 pm

[quote="Amaithi"][/quote]

Well, not quite right if she was born before the parents got ILR.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:27 pm

rightmove wrote:
model wrote:[Every one circumstance differs. No one is here to get benifits as you mentioned. People has travel plans and school hoildays they may go out for next 2 months.
Cheers
right and if im not wrong, everybody should be able to travel on current citizenship with a visa... extra cost of visa? yes. thats fact of life.
not quite right.... Say a child born few months before his/her parents got ILR ?

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:31 pm

Amaithi wrote: ========

If your daughter was before your ILR, then as soon as you get your ILR she can apply for "Citizenship by Registration"

In any of the case you DO NOT NEED naturalisation process for your daughter if you hold ILR now

I have applied for her Citizenship by registration but process is same till half way . I mean she has to get approval letter and then I can apply for her passport. She will not have to go for Oath ceremony .

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm

[quote="rajesh_kumar01"][/quote]
Hey rajesh, dont worry mate.. u shall get her approval soon... also the passport app is less time consuming 1 week for children. they dont have to do any security checks for children :-)

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Amaithi wrote:I am a new member and this forum gives lot of info and I am thankful to all members. At the same time I am really surprised by the amount of impatient of few members like calling HO in a month to ask status and sending complaint letters etc.

I have applied and here below is my timeline. In fact I sometime I forget that I have applied and I do not keep checking or calling. Yes
I will call if I do not hear anything from them after 6 months.

NCS
Cambridge
Date of submission or posting 23/05/11 (received by HO 24/03/11)
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR)
Date of debit of debit/credit card - 01/06/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement - I got it, but I did not check date. I have kept lr safely that's all.
Date of approval -
Date of Ceremony -
Date of appln. for passport
Method used Check and Send
Passport Interview date :
Date of passport receipt:
did you meant to say.... applicatiion recived on 24/05/11
NAZIA XX

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:43 pm

rightmove wrote:
rajesh_kumar01 wrote:
Hey rajesh, dont worry mate.. u shall get her approval soon... also the passport app is less time consuming 1 week for children. they dont have to do any security checks for children :-)
Thanks boss.. I hope so. some one told me same so I risked my whole holiday plan on that :) .

bierebaron
Newly Registered

Journey is Over

Post by bierebaron » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, Its with great joy I would like to say my journey is over.

The approval letter arrived this morning and I am over the moon, I can now sleep peacefully at night. The waiting had me too worried and felt sick. But now I can relax.

With that said I would like to give my support to all those waiting for your approvals. It wont be long now.

I applied in the 28th via Postal. Money taken out on the 9th on June, Approval letter today dated the 20th of June.

I had 2 previous driving offences as well but I was honest about my application and everything worked out fine. :D

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: Journey is Over

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

bierebaron wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, Its with great joy I would like to say my journey is over.

The approval letter arrived this morning and I am over the moon, I can now sleep peacefully at night. The waiting had me too worried and felt sick. But now I can relax.

With that said I would like to give my support to all those waiting for your approvals. It wont be long now.

I applied in the 28th via Postal. Money taken out on the 9th on June, Approval letter today dated the 20th of June.

I had 2 previous driving offences as well but I was honest about my application and everything worked out fine. :D
wow so fast......Money debited on 9th of June and approval received on 21 st June...

You said applied on 28th, but 28th of which month?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:45 pm

rnr79 wrote:
bierebaron wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, Its with great joy I would like to say my journey is over.

wow so fast......Money debited on 9th of June and approval received on 21 st June...

i think because of receiving approval my brother is very excited its normal and congrates for aproval there is his timeline

Type of Application:6 YEARS ILR
Method:Postal
Date of Application:28th April
Account Debited: 8th May
Acknowledgement letter:Awaiting
Decision: Awaiting
Approval letter:Awaiting
Date of Ceremony:Awaiting

I hate waiting, its making me feel very anxious
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Re: HO

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 pm

bierebaron wrote:I made my application last week of April so hopefully I should be expecting something mid-end June. But I hope those who applied earlier than me receive your good news sooner.

The long wait will definitely make the approval sweeter.
he applied in last week of april so its reasonable time
NAZIA XX

Miraiza

Post by Miraiza » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:53 pm

rnr79 wrote:

Congratulations Bierebaron on receiving your approval. Youhave a couple of typo error in your message as I remember you applied the same day as me which is the 28th of April and money taken out around the same time, between 7th and 10th of May. So hopefully, I should be getting my brownie soon too!!!! :)
Miraiza

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:

i think because of receiving approval my brother is very excited its normal and congrates for aproval there is his timeline

Type of Application:6 YEARS ILR
Method:Postal
Date of Application:28th April
Account Debited: 8th May
Acknowledgement letter:Awaiting
Decision: Awaiting
Approval letter:Awaiting
Date of Ceremony:Awaiting

I hate waiting, its making me feel very anxious
Oh ok that makes sense. But Nazia88 why to wait, just relax...and enjoy the life..we have applied correclty and not done anything wrong, so things will happen when its time

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:02 pm

rnr79 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote: Oh ok that makes sense. But Nazia88 why to wait, just relax...and enjoy the life..we have applied correclty and not done anything wrong, so things will happen when its time
you are right buttttttttttttt you now its hard to wait :?
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:05 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote: Oh ok that makes sense. But Nazia88 why to wait, just relax...and enjoy the life..we have applied correclty and not done anything wrong, so things will happen when its time
you are right buttttttttttttt you now its hard to wait :?
I know when i applied for my tier1 few years ago i was very anxious.

On the other hand we just have to feel lucky that we are almost at the time where applying for ILR and citizenship is getting very difficult, so just think of positive sides and the result will be positive :)

jake749
Newly Registered

Post by jake749 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Update on my timeline...

Criteria : 5 years work permit + 1 Year ILR
Type : Postal
Date of submission : 14/04/2011
Date application received by UKBA :: 15/04/2011
Date of debit of credit card : 05/05/2011
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 05/05/2011 dated 03/05/11
Date of receipt of approval : 16/06/11 dated 13/06/11
Date of ceremony : 30/06/11