ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nearly there..heard from BHC after filing appeal [URGENT]

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MM
Newly Registered

Nearly there..heard from BHC after filing appeal [URGENT]

Post by MM » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:38 pm

My wife's settlement visa was refused. An appeal was filed in May, enclosing the missing document which was the basis of refusal. My wife has now received a letter from BHC Islamabad asking her to submit her passport via Gerrys/Fedex. They have also asked her to also sign a form (APP 9) to withdraw her appeal. I understand when they are about to issue visa they send such letter. Can anyone please respond to the follwoing

1- How long would they take to issue visa if we send the passport say tomorrow?

2- Should we sign the notice of withdrawl form although they technically have not issued the visa? I am worried if we do sign the form and later BHC change their mind we may have to gothru appeal process again.

We want to send the passport to BHC tomorrow at the latest so your urgent reply will be greatly appreciated.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:29 am

I don't know whether people normally withdraw their appeals in such circumstances, but para 27.10 on this page of Visa DSPs (=staff instructions) says that "...if the evidence warrants the issue of an entry clearance, entry clearance should be issued. The appellant should be invited to withdraw the appeal (although withdrawal is not compulsory)"

Perhaps indicate that you will be happy to withdraw once the visa has been issued? Just a thought....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:22 am

we have now send the signed appeal withdrawl form and apssport to BHC. Does any one have recent experience of how many days it takes BHC to return the passport with visa?

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:41 pm

still no response from BHC..... anyone knows how long they take to return the passport?

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:22 pm

Have you tried contacting them by phone or email directly?

I know they are a pain to get hold of though......

MM
Newly Registered

Post by MM » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:05 pm

by phones there is obviously no reply 'standard recorded message running to call back in 15 mins'

by email ...awaiting response

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:23 pm

Their phone lines are so frustrating, I swear I am going to give them a piece of my mind but when I do get through then I bite my tongue for fear of jepordising my husbands application.