ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time allowed to leave country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

time allowed to leave country

Post by usual_suspect » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:26 pm

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me that how long are you given to pack up and leave the UK if your first appeal at the tribunal is not allowed? and you don't wish to go to the higher tribunal.

I just need to gain some time here (about 2 months) of the hearing date of the first tribunal.

Also, the appeal notice says I have to send copies of all documents to the respondent 5 days prior to the hearing. but I have sent all the ORIGINAL copies to the tribunal when i lodged the appeal. Do I still need to send the copies or the documents sent to the tribunal before will suffice. Also, I dont have copies for myself now and would turn up in the tribunal empty handed. Will i get all the documents back from the tribunal along with the decision?

Also have one more document to bring up in the tribunal, should I send a copy of it to the respondent?

Thanks

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:19 pm

anyone?

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:25 am

No One?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:06 pm

i know that... after first refusal you are given 28 days to leave or make an appeal. You are still regarded as an over stayer but there is no penalty if you leave within 28 days.

After that (assuming you appealed the first decision), your clock starts again (you can only remain as over stayer for 28 days with no consequences) as soon as you have been made aware of results of an appeal.

So, you have an option to appeal the decision after original appeal. Just make sure you don't go beyond 28 days and keep a well-written evidence of the dates you are being overstayer so you can clear up any confusion in future apps.

cheers

usual_suspect
Newly Registered

Post by usual_suspect » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:30 pm

thanks for your reply. However, I believe I read in one of the other topics that only 5 days are given to appeal to the higher tribunal or if one fails to appeal then leave the country within 28 days.

Also, could someone please let me know if I need to send any further documents to the tribunal before hand if I wish to make use of them in the court as evidence?

Many thanks