ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1 Extension with very few days left

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nino_uk
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 1 Extension with very few days left

Post by nino_uk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi,

I am currently working in UK. My T1 general visa is valid till 18th Sept 2011. I am planning to apply for extension. However to qualify for extension I do not have enough earnings at the moment. By July 31, taking July salary into consideration I would be able to qualify for extension.

So, the earliest I can apply by post is Aug 10th (assuming it takes 10 days for the bank to send me the statement). From this forum I observed that it takes nearly two months for Tier 1 General extension. So, if I apply by post, it appears as if I would not get the extension before the expiry of my current visa.

I have been trying to book a PEO slot online for last couple of weeks. But, I never find one. I tried calling them for a slot and was told that Tier 1 extension appointments could only be booked online.

So, if I do not manage to get a slot booked at a PEO, I would be forced to apply by post. I could only apply by post on or after Aug 10th. I am unlikely to get my visa extended by Sept 18th (expiry date), assuming it takes 60 days.

a) Is there any trick to get a slot booked with PEO in next couple of weeks? Like trying first thing in the morning/evening?
b) Would I be eligible to be employed after Sept 18, if my application was still under consideration?
c) Would I be forced to leave the country after Sept 18 if I didn't get an extension by then?
d) Assuming I can stay after Sept 18 till I hear from UKBA, what happens if my application gets rejected? Will I have to leave immediately?

Thanks in advance,
nino

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for Tier 1 Extension with very few days left

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 pm

nino_uk wrote:Hi,

I am currently working in UK. My T1 general visa is valid till 18th Sept 2011. I am planning to apply for extension. However to qualify for extension I do not have enough earnings at the moment. By July 31, taking July salary into consideration I would be able to qualify for extension.

So, the earliest I can apply by post is Aug 10th (assuming it takes 10 days for the bank to send me the statement). From this forum I observed that it takes nearly two months for Tier 1 General extension. So, if I apply by post, it appears as if I would not get the extension before the expiry of my current visa.

I have been trying to book a PEO slot online for last couple of weeks. But, I never find one. I tried calling them for a slot and was told that Tier 1 extension appointments could only be booked online.

So, if I do not manage to get a slot booked at a PEO, I would be forced to apply by post. I could only apply by post on or after Aug 10th. I am unlikely to get my visa extended by Sept 18th (expiry date), assuming it takes 60 days.

a) Is there any trick to get a slot booked with PEO in next couple of weeks? Like trying first thing in the morning/evening? keep trying
b) Would I be eligible to be employed after Sept 18, if my application was still under consideration? yes
c) Would I be forced to leave the country after Sept 18 if I didn't get an extension by then? no
d) Assuming I can stay after Sept 18 till I hear from UKBA, what happens if my application gets rejected? Will I have to leave immediately?

if you dont get a chance to appeal then you will have to leavr

Thanks in advance,
nino

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:52 pm

nino_uk wrote:Hi,

a) Is there any trick to get a slot booked with PEO in next couple of weeks? Like trying first thing in the morning/evening?
b) Would I be eligible to be employed after Sept 18, if my application was still under consideration?
c) Would I be forced to leave the country after Sept 18 if I didn't get an extension by then?

Thanks in advance,
nino
If you are not very tight in the budget, you can take professional help from consultant. They have some slots booked which they use for their clients. So if you want you can contact them and they will do the booking and obviously they will charge for it. If your visa expired on 18th September, you can send your document until 17th September. There is no requirement that you will need to get your visa before expiry date. As long as you send your application before expiry date its fine. So do not rush and make sure you get your bank statements and satisfy required points. If your visa gets rejected, most probably you will get appeal right. So you can go for appeal even if your current visa is expired.

nino_uk
Newly Registered

Post by nino_uk » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:14 pm

If you are not very tight in the budget, you can take professional help from consultant. They have some slots booked which they use for their clients.
Unfortunately for me, budget is a constraint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys. I gather it is advisable to wait till I have all documents to prove my eligibility and apply even if I have few days remaining under current visa.

Let us say I apply for extension and do not have the visa by Sept 18, what documents do I need to provide my employer to prove my eligibility to work?

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Just a letter from HO saying that ur case is under consideration! For as long as tyat remains the case the conditions of your current leave to remain apply!

So, apply by post whenever u qualify upto & incl. the 17th of Sept!