ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to Tier 2 related queries..

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunny_singh
Newly Registered

WP to Tier 2 related queries..

Post by sunny_singh » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Hi,

I finally quit my job and have started looking for new opportunities. I'm currently on Work Permit (not tier 2) from Feb 2009 until Feb 2012. Last date with my current employer is August end.

All I can find on UKBA is Intra Company transfer and nothing about switching companies. How easy is it to get my WP (sponsored by current company) transferred to Tier 2 (sponsored by the new company) and on what salary do I need to be to get CoS approval - 24k or 40k? - I work as a BD Manager currently which is not in shortage occupancy list.

Also, how much funds should I have in my account while applying tier 2 or is that company's headache? My current, soon to be ex- company never asked for my bank statements while applying for my WP, hence the query.

P.S: My current company got my WP done from student visa whilst I was in the UK. Would that cause any problem while transferring to Tier 2?

Many thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!