ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Class of 2007 timeline tracking :)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

Class of 2007 timeline tracking :)

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 pm

Anyone who applied in 2007 for naturalization get any news yet? Any response would be appreciated :)

ostrich
Nigeria

Re: Class of 2007 timeline tracking :)

Post by ostrich » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:18 am

Angel592 wrote:Anyone who applied in 2007 for naturalization get any news yet? Any response would be appreciated :)
Are you still waiting for a response? What the hell :shock:
You should be on the phone to them everyday of the week man.
Its never too late

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:19 pm

You should maybe think about an application to the High Court for an Order that the Minister makes a decision - the delay is quite excessive in your case. Unless there is a reason your case is more complication.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:46 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:You should maybe think about an application to the High Court for an Order that the Minister makes a decision - the delay is quite excessive in your case. Unless there is a reason your case is more complication.
Yeah, it's terrible, my mom has been waiting 44 months.. if she got hers a while back before I turned 18, I would've got it because I would've been a minor.. but I turned 18 and now I'M waiting and god knows how long THAT'S going to take.. and I've been here since 1999 I'm practically Irish like with no passport! It's ruining everything for me for university and UK visas and what not :(

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:You should maybe think about an application to the High Court for an Order that the Minister makes a decision - the delay is quite excessive in your case. Unless there is a reason your case is more complication.
How do I make an application? And how long does the process take? I think I will apply because it's really not my fault that I've been here since 1999 and I'm still an non EU national and that I had to apply for my own application when I was 18. :(

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 pm

applied nov 2007, still waiting , spouse of irish citizen (naturalised) never asked for further documents , supporting dcouments submitted anually voluntary i.e. self employment, tax clearance , copy of wife irish passport ect..

awlays one reply when called: waiting for garda report... :x

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:22 am

Angel, your solicitor and barrister would need to make the application to the High Court, but there is a risk you will be ordered to pay the costs if unsuccessful. I think maybe better to wait a few more months, as they are clearing out the old app's . Also, I have noted that the Dept gives quicker decision if they are aware that a student is being prejudicied - having to pay higher fees, because of the delay. so I would recommend you send them a letter explaining this, and enclosing a copy of your college's account for fees, and I think this will do the trick. :wink:

zzz

Post by zzz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:32 am

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:Also, I have noted that the Dept gives quicker decision if they are aware that a student is being prejudicied - having to pay higher fees, because of the delay. so I would recommend you send them a letter explaining this, and enclosing a copy of your college's account for fees, and I think this will do the trick.
do you think DoJ will speed up your application ? I have rather negative observation - they would for sure delay the approval to make you pay higher fees.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:37 am

Noooo!!! They are inept, not mean.