ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel document renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aya101

travel document renewal

Post by aya101 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 pm

I need to renewal my travel document and I was not in position to renew it as I needed to renew my card which expires on the 9 of july and the pasport on the 19 july.
now im sending my passport for renewal so will i get the passport renewed or will I need to book a ticket to get it renewed,I have void 3 times in the passport what is this?

Malika

Re: travel document renewal

Post by Malika » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:39 pm

aya101 wrote:I need to renewal my travel document and I was not in position to renew it as I needed to renew my card which expires on the 9 of july and the pasport on the 19 july.
now im sending my passport for renewal so will i get the passport renewed or will I need to book a ticket to get it renewed,I have void 3 times in the passport what is this?
If I may ask, what kind of a travel document do you hold?
from what you have written, I can deduce that it's temporary....... are you on Leave to Remain (Humanitarian)? When you got the travel document was it explained to you that they might not renew it and that you should get passport from your own country? the VOID means that they will not renew...... the Travel document ceases to be after it expires.

Just my thoughts!
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

aya101

Post by aya101 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:48 pm

its a 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees travel document and it has from the last renewal 3 voids

Malika

Post by Malika » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:08 pm

aya101 wrote:its a 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees travel document and it has from the last renewal 3 voids
Ok..........I am also a holder of similar travel doc.
There are people that I know that have travelled but they had to show proof i.e. flight ticket. got the document renewed....... not sure if they had void stamped.

Alternatively, you have the option of applying for a temporary travel doc in the meantime.

INIS is still in a position to issue a Temporary Travel Document in the interim in lieu of the 1951 UN Convention Travel Document upon receipt of application in the usual manner.
All the best!
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

aya101

Post by aya101 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 pm

thank you for the advice, it expires on the 19th of july so i have decided to travel before this date

Pear
Newly Registered

Post by Pear » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Testing of the new system which will be used in the processing of the new travel document is nearing completion.

Unfortunately however, some unforeseen technical difficulties came to light during the testing phase of the new document which has resulted in a delay in the date of introduction. Every effort is being made to resolve these issues as soon as possible. Following the completion of a final testing of the system in the near future, an updated notice will be posted on this page advising persons when applications can be accepted.

The inconvenience experienced due to the delay in the issue of the new document is very much regretted but this has been due to circumstances beyond the control of INIS.

INIS is still in a position to issue a Temporary Travel Document in the interim in lieu of the 1951 UN Convention Travel Document upon receipt of application in the usual manner.

23 June 2011

They keep saying that since April .... Unfortunatelly not all coutries accept the temporary document and in addition these documents require a re-entry visa to IRL....
How long this is going to take no one knows......

aya101

Post by aya101 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:26 pm

i have just emailed the department was told they were not accepting any travel documents for renewal until last which is when the new application came into affect.Now its 80 euros and doing a whole new application for the travel document