ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refused because Husband gets Public Funds HELP

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nassima

Spouse visa refused because Husband gets Public Funds HELP

Post by Nassima » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:42 am

Hello everyone,

I'm depressed tired and upset, after a year of searching on the net and working hard for spouse visa, I finally submitted it ( my husband is British citizen, who is considered disabled recenly diagnized with Asperger syndrome, he gets public funds: Income support house benfit and long sickness premium benefit) he has been looking for job but nothing was found for him,I am from north africa and have a good job I submitted visa on the basis that I will not drive ADDITIONAL public funds when living together ( I understand that my husband is entiteled to have these money and it is his right) we both wrote a letter and stated that we will refuse any additional PF and will seek employment and showed equivalent of 8000pounds in my account, I thought my money + my husband = the basis a couple can live on may be 115pound per week?? which will be ok for two years (spouse visa period) besides a verry good letters of support and equivalent degree to British bachelor degree good english etc all this did nothing, here is the wording on the decision made by the BAO:The bank statements and documents submitted in support of your application show that your
sponsor is in receipt of Income Support, Long Term Sickness Premium, Housing Benefit and
Council Tax Benefits. These benefits are defined by Paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules as public
funds. I note that you have provided no satisfactory evidence of any job offers that would be open
to you on arrival in the UK. In view of your sponsor's current financial position and the difficulty you
may face in finding employment I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor will be able to
adequately maintain and accommodate yourselves without additional recourse to public funds. I am
therefore not satisfied that you meet the requirements of Paragraph 281 (v) of the UK Immigration
Rules.
Please help I now run of time for the appeal, what can I/my husband do to get a visa, If someone offers me a job how can he offer me a job ( I mean the propper way to do it, just with a letter ???)
Please help with any information of how to get legal advice on this matter

Appreciate your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:01 am

Please continue in existing thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.