ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danturner81
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa queries

Post by danturner81 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:49 am

Hi Guys,

I have a few minor questions:

The first is about presentation of supporting documents. As the UKBA website essentially reveals very little, I wonder exactly how to present said documents. Should I index them? I am thinking of handing them in as a professionally bound volume. Does this irritate them at all? Also, do we get the original copies of documents back, or are they stored in the vaults?

Secondly, the UKBA site insists on four things as regards translations. They must:

:- be dated;
:- include the translator's name and signature;
:- include confirmation that it is an accurate translation of the original document; and
:- the translator's contact details.

The thing that confuses me is the 'confirmation that it is an accurate translation.' How do I go about getting this?

Thanks all,

Dan

suarezi
Newly Registered

Post by suarezi » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:01 pm

danturner81

Each country has a "translators" association, in some countries this associations are approved/authorised by the legal system. If you are in the UK I recommend you to use a translator from the Institute of Translation and Interpreting, this is a professional body that regulates the membership, although there is not an official approval by the UK, the ITI is a recognised body.

Their website has a list of translators, the translator will take the document, translate it and stamp it as accurate translation...

danturner81
Newly Registered

Post by danturner81 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Wonderful! Very helpful.

If anybody has an answer to my question about the presentation of documents, it'd be fab!

Thanks

Dan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:03 pm

danturner81 wrote:Hi Guys,

Another question (I love this board, so useful!): I am in the slightly odd position of being employed full-time, as well as making some money on the side doing freelance projects. These freelance projects make up the majority of my savings, but is only a few grand on the side here-and-there.

Question is, how will I go about proving this extra income? Is there a correct procedure I should go through?

Thanks

Dan
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:31 pm

You put your documents together and the front sheet could be a list of documents attached with application.

Each document should be numbered and must corresponds to the list of documents.This way the ECO can locate the doc easily.

You do not need to put them in a binder or folder.

The important things is to ensure you present the correct documents rather than how you present them

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
danturner81 wrote:Hi Guys,

Another question (I love this board, so useful!): I am in the slightly odd position of being employed full-time, as well as making some money on the side doing freelance projects. These freelance projects make up the majority of my savings, but is only a few grand on the side here-and-there.

Question is, how will I go about proving this extra income? Is there a correct procedure I should go through?

Thanks

Dan
If you are not declaring these earnings to HM Inspectorate of Tax, then its best not to declare them with your application, as you can come unstuck with the above authorities.

If you are declaring them to HM T , then its ok to mention it. Say where, when and how you earn it.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 pm

HI Dan,

We were successful last year with my husband's visa which I put together. I did infact use a lever archer folder with dividers and typed up a "Contents Page" which I placed at the front. I put everything in clear plastic wallets and including as much as I could think of i.e A letter from myself as "sponser", my qualifications certificate and business card; character references from my colleague (a lawyer) and close friend; photos, one year of itemised mobile phone bills; all emails, cards, photos; translated copies of marriage certificate and my husbands Degree and qualifications; 3 months bank statements and savings; copies of all relevant jobs from job centre website, which would be suitable for my husband (this was to evidence the fact there were plenty of jobs in my area he would be able to do).

The lady he dealt with at Worldbridge told him the file was very good, and not to worry.

I think presenting presenting it like can only help; after all you wouldn't hand in a grotty CV with loose papers for an important job would you?

Good luck!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm

STLewis wrote:HI Dan,

We were successful last year with my husband's visa which I put together. I did infact use a lever archer folder with dividers and typed up a "Contents Page" which I placed at the front. I put everything in clear plastic wallets and including as much as I could think of i.e A letter from myself as "sponser", my qualifications certificate and business card; character references from my colleague (a lawyer) and close friend; photos, one year of itemised mobile phone bills; all emails, cards, photos; translated copies of marriage certificate and my husbands Degree and qualifications; 3 months bank statements and savings; copies of all relevant jobs from job centre website, which would be suitable for my husband (this was to evidence the fact there were plenty of jobs in my area he would be able to do).

The lady he dealt with at Worldbridge told him the file was very good, and not to worry.

I think presenting presenting it like can only help; after all you wouldn't hand in a grotty CV with loose papers for an important job would you?

Good luck!
This is a bit over the top! If you send in your application through the post that way, they throw out your binder and plastic sheets before the ECO even sees everything.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:11 pm

ElenaW wrote:
STLewis wrote:HI Dan,

Good luck!
This is a bit over the top! If you send in your application through the post that way, they throw out your binder and plastic sheets before the ECO even sees everything.
Well said Elena :lol: :lol: