ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any reply from DoJ for Zambrano Stamp Change application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 am

There has been an update on the INIS notice

NB - The Irish citizen child must attend with his/her parent(s) on this occasion

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Thu May 19, 2011 8:55 am

My wife got new garda card with stamp 4 valid for 3 years today. She was earlier on Stamp 3. Will save her all the hassle related to applying for work permits every year.

Following is required:

their own Passport,
their current GNIB Card,
their child's Irish Passport,
their child's Birth Certificate and
documentary evidence of their address in the State.

address proof of child. She took our childs immunisation record for this.

NB - The Irish citizen child must attend with his/her parent(s) on this occasion.

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Thu May 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Finally i got 3 years Stamp-4 visa from Stamp-1. regards

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Sat May 21, 2011 1:15 pm

in regards to those who has no current residency,has anyone recieved a letter corncerning their application.Because they are only dealing with people on stamp 1,2 and3.Please update if any news.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun May 29, 2011 12:37 pm

Yes dodo, undocumented immigrants with an irish child are getting Stamp 4, but you have to write to the Repatriation Unit, you can't go straight in to the GNIB.

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:16 am

thanks immigration lawyer,but i made an application since march and have not heard anything back from DOJ since then.Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Mon May 30, 2011 9:30 am

Some of my clients are waiting that long too. It seems to be somewhat random, I don't know how they are choosing which applications to deal with first. Don't be too concerned, they will have to deal with your application sooner rather than later. You sent in all the required documents, did you? I think that the application is likely to be finalised more quickly if you provide a high level of documentation in support.

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:18 am

yes,i sent them all the necessary documents even original passport of my child together with statory declaration.when i press them for an acknowledgement of these documents.they sent me a letter saying i should provide them with 69/....number to update my status.but i have no 69/.....because i came here with visiting visa.But i wrote back to them and explained with the copy of the visa.Since then i have not heard anything.Can you please tell me whatelse i should do or just exercise more patience.thanks

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Mon May 30, 2011 10:30 am

OK, did you provide them with documents showing the length of time you have been in Ireland.... proof of address, etc? It might help to get a solicitor to communicate with them if you have a spare few hundred. these applications are pretty standard and straightforwardit should not cost much. Or just wait a little bit longer, they will have to deal with your application at some point.

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Immigration lawyer,Thanks for your wonderful advice.I gave them enough documents,all proofs and also am using a solicitor.So i think just a little wait might do the magic.thanks alot.

starbuck

Is the INS still stamping "4" ?

Post by starbuck » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:16 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/PB11000004 is removed from the website.
Any one who has got upgraded from stamp1/2/3 to stamp4 of late ?

is this still valid ?

thanks
*$

howlong

Post by howlong » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:16 am

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:27 am

YesI think so... one of my clients just got a letter about this on Thursday advising him to go straight to GNIB. :D

hollymarmar
Newly Registered

Re: Is the INS still stamping "4" ?

Post by hollymarmar » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:25 am

starbuck wrote:http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/PB11000004 is removed from the website.
Any one who has got upgraded from stamp1/2/3 to stamp4 of late ?

is this still valid ?

thanks
*$
I did 3 years am stamp 3 and spouse stamp 1 both got it went to local garda

fatty patty

Re: new law

Post by fatty patty » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:29 pm

faraz2049 wrote:hi there just wanted to know(if some one has information about it)i am a stamp 2 currently,my baby born here in 2009,just having birth certificate no passport of any country yet.
can i apply for stamp 4 on behalf of my child?
thanks
For you to qualify for stamp 4 on the basis of your child, your child has to hold Irish citizenship. Has he got an Irish passport? You mentioned that you are on stamp 2 meaning on student visa, what is the status of your spouse?

see below regarding Irish citizenship:

Acquisition of citizenship

At Birth

A person born on the island of Ireland on or after 1 January 2005:[3]

is entitled to be an Irish citizen if at least one of his or her parents is:
an Irish citizen (or someone entitled to be an Irish citizen);[5]

a British citizen;[6]

a resident of the island of Ireland who is entitled to reside in either the Republic or in Northern Ireland without any time limit on that residence;

[7] or

a legal resident of the island of Ireland for three out of the 4 years preceding the child's birth (although time spent as a student or as an asylum seeker does not count for this purpose).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_nationality_law

dodo123
Newly Registered

any news

Post by dodo123 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:05 am

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:YesI think so... one of my clients just got a letter about this on Thursday advising him to go straight to GNIB. :D
Any latest news in regards to zambrano applications? Is there any new approvals recently? Please do updated..thanks

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:07 am

Yes the approvals are steadily being released, tho seemingly in random order.

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:24 am

closing the loop:

All eligible under Zambrano gets their stamp 4 from garda. Or atleast, that's the first port of call.

All applicants qualifying under sthe stamp 4 critera get it regardless of their current Stamp number (1 to 4)

Below is all they asked me for the stamp 4

You
Your irish child
Passport (you + your irish child)
Birth Cerificate (your irish child)
Utility bill to prove your address
Your PRSI number (the letter would be good - just in case)
Euro 150 fee
a pen - to sign another form

cheers

xxxtieee
-xxxtieee-

chebas

Post by chebas » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:34 pm

i know this is a serious forum, but I loooved the last item.

A pen....

you made me laugh out loud in the office, thanks!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:10 pm

xxxtieee wrote:Euro 150 fee
Are you sure about that?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

riseen
Newly Registered

Post by riseen » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:45 pm

The Zambrano case and parents of Irish citizen children

Posted on June 15, 2011
On 8 March 2011 the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled in the Zambrano case C 34/09, that an EU member state may not refuse the non-EU parents of a dependent child who is a citizen of, and resident in, an EU member state the right to live and work in that member state.

The Department of Justice and Equality is reviewing the cases of non-EEA parents of Irish citizen minor children which may meet the criteria specified in the Zambrano case. If they meet the Zambrano criteria, the non-EEA parents may be given permission to live and work in Ireland without the requirement for an employment permit or business permission.

Non-EEA nationals with a stamp 2 or stamp 3 permission to remain in Ireland who think they meet the criteria specified in the Zambrano case can apply at their local Garda registration office. They should bring documents such as birth certificates and proof of residency with them. If they meet the criteria, their immigration status may be changed to a stamp 4 permission which will allow them to live and work in Ireland without the need for an employment permit. If the immigration officer refuses to change their status to a stamp 4, the non-EEA national should write to the Repatriation Division of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service as described below.

A non-EEA national who does not have a current permission to remain in Ireland and who wishes to request a review of their case under the terms of the Zambrano judgement should write to the Repatriation Division, Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service, Department of Justice and Equality, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 and include the following documents:

A colour copy of the bio-data page of the Irish citizen child’s passport (the page with personal details and photo)

· The Irish citizen child’s original birth certificate – a copy is not acceptable.

· A colour copy of the bio-data page of the applicant’s own passport.

· Two colour passport-sized photographs, signed on the back by the applicant.

· A copy of the applicant’s current GNIB certificate of registration (if applicable)

· Documentary evidence that the Irish citizen child is living in the State.

· Proof of the applicant’s address and residence in Ireland (e.g. current utility bills etc).

· Documentary evidence of the role the applicant is playing in his/her child’s life (e.g. letters from schools, crèches, etc).

· Any other information that the applicant considers relevant to his/her case.

In addition, an applicant must provide answers to the following questions:

· Has he/she ever been convicted of a criminal offence in the State or abroad? If so, he/she must provide specific details.

· Are there any charges pending against him/her in the State or abroad? If so, he/she must provide details.

In some cases, DNA evidence of a biological link to the Irish citizen child or children may also be required. Once a decision has been made, that decision and the consequences of the decision will be notified in writing to the persons concerned.

Parents of Irish citizen children who were previously removed from the State by deportation order, and who wish to now re-enter the State to reside with their Irish citizen child or children, may now seek a revocation of that deportation order. Those subject to deportation orders should apply in writing to the Repatriation Division of INIS as set out above, specifying their desire to have the deportation order lifted to enable them to re-enter the State.

Those parents of Irish citizen children who reside outside of Ireland but were never deported from the State now have the option of entering the State to reside and work. If they are visa required, they must apply online for a visa – check our document on visa requirements for entering Ireland.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:28 am

I noticed quite a few people are being refused from their local immigration officer for their change of status application - for various reasons including minor criminal offences, unemployment etc. has anyone had this expereience?

chebas

Post by chebas » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 pm

Guys, just came back from the gnib, wife got the stamp 4 gor 3 years. They also asked about a letter from the gp, or creche , or immunisation booklet to prove that the child is resident.

Thanks for all your help.

mauritania

Post by mauritania » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 am

Dodo have you heard anything back yet?
For any other non residents, how are you getting around this utility bill demand? My partners here on a c class (tourist) visa and were being asked for utility bill. Obv. can't provide one so be interesting to here if any non residents have succeeded yet?