ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:17 am

I recently had a client who got naturalisation a couple of weeks after we sent in a copy of his LTR certificate and his new LTR stamp. But this is crazy - it means people are encouraged to pay an extra €500 to the Dept for LTR, just in the hope it will speed up their naturalisation !!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 am

good luck
Last edited by Aceform on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:08 am

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:I recently had a client who got naturalisation a couple of weeks after we sent in a copy of his LTR certificate and his new LTR stamp. But this is crazy - it means people are encouraged to pay an extra €500 to the Dept for LTR, just in the hope it will speed up their naturalisation !!

today govt. need money by all means, and if they give applicants naturalisation quicker people will stop applying LTR and govt will loose 500 euro for every applicant and it could b a little trick of govt. also as Shatter said b4e aswell that if someone gets LTR, there is no point he/she dont get naturalisation.
this is called fast track system, they cant ask appicant that if u pay more we speed up ur file

gordonre
Newly Registered

Post by gordonre » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 am

LTR did not seem to do anything for me. I've had it for just over two years and took just under two-years to be approved.

I received my approval last week Thursday.

Timeline:
Applied Aug 2008 - sent back for missing a single signature
Resent application and confirmation with letter received dated Oct '08
Request for further documentation June 2010.
Confirmation received last week.

inzar
Newly Registered

Post by inzar » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:30 am

No More brown/yellow Envelops for today yet!! whats the crack here ?? :D :lol: :)
Nothing for me yet! :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:33 am

inzar wrote:No More brown/yellow Envelops for today yet!! whats the crack here ?? :D :lol: :)
It's coming mate, on the way.

Just saw a huge anpost van coming from Tipperary to Dublin carrying all the approvals ;-)

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 am

gordonre wrote:LTR did not seem to do anything for me. I've had it for just over two years and took just under two-years to be approved.
i agree with u its same situation with me i send them copy of my LTR approval and nothing happened. probably applicants from 2010 will get advantage of this LTR

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:38 am

inzar wrote:No More brown/yellow Envelops for today yet!! whats the crack here ?? :D :lol: :)

Let the Dept. have little chat and a cup of coffee/smoke they are very busy :lol: :lol:

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 am

still waitting, Aceform
it is a matter of time yours are in the way
finger crossed
peace on you

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:54 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:still waitting, Aceform
finger crossed
Cheers IP.

I kinda stopped thinking about it now. Let it come in it's own time ;-)

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:55 am

I seriously think that they should have a status update function on their website. One should be able to enter his/her reference number and the status should be displayed like: Waiting for Minister, Garda Approval required, SW report requested, Additional Doc Requested. And along with the timeline when this activity is expected to be completed.

In this way they can get rid of 10000 Telephone Calls and 20000 Emails :)

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:56 am

alpha_1 wrote:I seriously think that they should have a status update function on their website. One should be able to enter his/her reference number and the status should be displayed like: Waiting for Minister, Garda Approval required, SW report requested, Additional Doc Requested. And along with the timeline when this activity is expected to be completed.

In this way they can get rid of 10000 Telephone Calls and 20000 Emails :)
Good idea.

Are they responding to emails as well?

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:still waitting, Aceform
finger crossed
Thanks a million Irish King may ur wishes come true
cheers

soikdub
Newly Registered

Post by soikdub » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:50 am

Has anyone called inis today? the lines seem to be dead, been trying since this morning..
Thanks a million!

inzar
Newly Registered

Post by inzar » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Man I agree with Aceform , just relax it will come now soon enough no point going crazy..! and also they should have an online tracking system in place to remove the need of the helpline.:) Alpha_1 you should provide them consultancy over this! :)

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:18 pm

soikdub wrote:Has anyone called inis today? the lines seem to be dead, been trying since this morning..
Thanks a million!
I was able to get through INIS helpline today. Got response "You application will be processed around mid of next year" :?
I applied in Jun 2010 and one of my friend applied in Oct 2010 already got approval today morning without any query. He is very thrilled and went straight to pub to enjoy his Irishness. I will be joining him later today :P
Looks like INIS messed up chronological order due to "Shatter"s order :idea:

Anyway glad to hear, something is moving !

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Yes I could get through the INIS help line just was inquiring about my wife's application as we applied at the same time,
they still waitting for her garda report
when I asked the lady when they expect to receive such reports she told me they are sending the reports in batchies and receive them in batchies so she does not know when they can receive it
peace on you

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:59 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:
soikdub wrote:Has anyone called inis today? the lines seem to be dead, been trying since this morning..
Thanks a million!
I was able to get through INIS helpline today. Got response "You application will be processed around mid of next year" :?
I applied in Jun 2010 and one of my friend applied in Oct 2010 already got approval today morning without any query. He is very thrilled and went straight to pub to enjoy his Irishness. I will be joining him later today :P
Looks like INIS messed up chronological order due to "Shatter"s order :idea:

Anyway glad to hear, something is moving !
Its very strange that for some people they are dealing it very quickly. Does your friend who applied in Oct 2010 had LTR as well?

And in your case i guess they are roughly saying next year because in website it says 23 months

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Yes I could get through the INIS help line just was inquiring about my wife's application as we applied at the same time,
they still waitting for her garda report
when I asked the lady when they expect to receive such reports she told me they are sending the reports in batchies and receive them in batchies so she does not know when they can receive it
Once I asked garda officer when I went to renew my visa. He told me that normally garda replies very quickly. So those reports should not be too late to come to INIS.

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

alpha_1 wrote: Its very strange that for some people they are dealing it very quickly. Does your friend who applied in Oct 2010 had LTR as well?

And in your case i guess they are roughly saying next year because in website it says 23 months
My friend and my case is almost identical. We landed Ireland in Oct 2004. We both have LTR, from Feb 11. The only difference is I applied in Jun2010 and he applied in Oct2010 !!

INIS said they still have to open 2010 cases which is totally false statement.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:
My friend and my case is almost identical. We landed Ireland in Oct 2004. We both have LTR, from Feb 11. The only difference is I applied in Jun2010 and he applied in Oct2010 !!

INIS said they still have to open 2010 cases which is totally false statement.
Yes, there are many people including few which I know personally who got approval and they appiled in early 2010. So its not something INIS can say that 2010 applications are not opened yet.

I do not see any chronological order here, its pure luck.

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:30 pm

This is infuriating! Spoke to INIS and they advised me "that my file hasn't come back from the minister yet", even though last week I was told that my file is back but they are busy processing the backlog.

It's great that the system is improving, but why can't you just get a consistent answer from them?

My file was sent in mid-March, surely it cannot take 3 months to come to a decision as my case is straight forward: I have children with Irish citizenship, applied on basis of 5 y residency (stamp 4) but also had LTR and is now on WCATT.

Does anyone else have the same experience?

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 pm

did they start to process 2009 applications yet ? I'm April 2009-applicant.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 pm

MidnightHawk wrote:This is infuriating! Spoke to INIS and they advised me "that my file hasn't come back from the minister yet", even though last week I was told that my file is back but they are busy processing the backlog.

It's great that the system is improving, but why can't you just get a consistent answer from them?

My file was sent in mid-March, surely it cannot take 3 months to come to a decision as my case is straight forward: I have children with Irish citizenship, applied on basis of 5 y residency (stamp 4) but also had LTR and is now on WCATT.

Does anyone else have the same experience?
exactly same experience mate. Exactly same in all aspects

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Thanks a million!
Yes, got through after continuously trying for about 40 minutes.

But again, spoke to a grumpy Mary. Exact same answer.