ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Case : Tier-1 G extension approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skrai4u
Newly Registered

My Case : Tier-1 G extension approved

Post by skrai4u » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Freinds,

These are the time line for my application.

1. Current visa: Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 31 July 2011
3. Date application posted: 26 March 2011
4. Date application reached: 29th March 2011
5. Payment deducted: 30th March 2011(Cebit Card)
5. Biometric letter received: 6th April 2011
6. Biometric Taken : 16 May 2011 Liverpool PEO (Self+3 depend)
8. Querry from UKBA : 16th June 2011
7. Approval date: 22 Jun 2011 ( on the letter)
6. Date (new) leave to remain valid: 22 June 2013
7. Date passport received: 22 Jun 2011
8. Date biometric pass received: 23 Jun 2011

I have applied as Ltd Company Director (Taking minimum salary + dive). The querry from UKBA on my application and my response given via a letter shown below.

Date: 17/06/2011
To,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tier 1 (EV), UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468,
Sheffield, S3 8WA

Sub: Further Information Request - Tier 1 General – UKBA Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am responding to your query raised related to my application and further information requested.

1. Evidence of registration for National Insurance (class 2) and evidence of registration with HMRC for the whole period of claimed self employment:

I would like to bring your attention to my situation. As an employee (Director) of xxxxxxxxxxxx Ltd. since xxxxx 2010, I have supplied the salary slips and dividend vouchers (document A and B). The salary slips are from xxxxxx, 2010 to xxxxx 2011 and xxxxxx dividend vouchers. xxxxxxxxxxx Ltd is registered with company house and with HMRC. The company (xxxx Ltd) pays the taxes (corporation tax, HMRC tax etc) related to all the transactions (document C & D). I had no other income other than from this employment hence I have not registered as self-employed with HMRC however any personal tax are deducted from my salary/dividend.

2. Evidence of registration for Bank Statements to show that you personally have funds to cover the required maintenance (£800) for a period of 90 days before the date of your posted application. We acknowledge your wife’s statements which can be used for herself and the two child dependants, unfortunately these cannot be used as evidence of maintenance for yourself.

I am attaching the xxxxxxxx Bank statement where I have maintenance fund of £10120.00 for more than three months. The amount shown in account was linked to a high interest account (A/C No. xxxxxx) with customer ID xxxxxxxx. On xxxxx 2011, I have transferred money from this account to normal savings account (A/C No. xxxxxxxxxx) with same customer ID xxxxxxxxxxx. I have attached both documents marked as E & F. As backup evidence I have also attached my xxxxxxxx ISA account (document F & G) and overdraft facility of £xxxxxxx.00 (document H).

I hope the additional documents supplied by me will be acceptable to you. If you have any further query, I this regard, please let me know accordingly.

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This proved successful in my case and hopes it will be same for other as well with ltd company directors.

Regards. :D
Last edited by skrai4u on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

anil.patel112
Newly Registered

Post by anil.patel112 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Congrt, I have attend tier 1 extension biometrics appointment in Liverpool this week with 2 dependantd. Once you finished with biometrics and photographs, did they said to you wait outside until result comes back. Thanks. Please reply

skrai4u
Newly Registered

Post by skrai4u » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:52 pm

No, Once biometric finished, you are allowed to go.

nfoote

Re: My Case : Tier-1 G extension approved

Post by nfoote » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:58 pm

skrai4u wrote: ...
I have applied as Ltd Company Director (Taking minimum salary + dive).
1. Evidence of registration for National Insurance (class 2) and evidence of registration with HMRC for the whole period of claimed self employment:
I would like to bring your attention to my situation. As an employee (Director) of xxxxxxxxxxxx Ltd.
I had no other income other than from this employment hence I have not registered as self-employed with HMRC
This proved successful in my case and hopes it will be same for other as well with ltd company directors.
Thanks for providing this. I too run my own limited company and was concerned about whether I fell into "self-employed" and thus needed to show all that "Class 2 NI" stuff, which I have no idea about so I was indeed hoping I wouldn't need to show!

I believe because we are Directors (not employment) and Employees (salaried employment) of standard UK registered companies (even though we're the sole director/shareholder/employee) there is no case whatsoever that we're "self-employed"

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 pm

Congrats first!!!

One funny thing is that the UKBA website says they are considering applications who have attended biometrics on or before 9th May but your result has now come out much earlier .

Good atleast it proves that sometimes processing can be much quicker than what they say.