ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:01 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
taquilasunrise wrote:
My friend and my case is almost identical. We landed Ireland in Oct 2004. We both have LTR, from Feb 11. The only difference is I applied in Jun2010 and he applied in Oct2010 !!

INIS said they still have to open 2010 cases which is totally false statement.
Yes, there are many people including few which I know personally who got approval and they appiled in early 2010. So its not something INIS can say that 2010 applications are not opened yet.

I do not see any chronological order here, its pure luck.
Chronological order, me arse

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 pm

westerner wrote:did they start to process 2009 applications yet ? I'm April 2009-applicant.
Dear westerner,

Only they can tell, what they are processing. It's completely shambolic at the moment.

max11
Newly Registered

Post by max11 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:08 pm

MidnightHawk wrote:This is infuriating! Spoke to INIS and they advised me "that my file hasn't come back from the minister yet", even though last week I was told that my file is back but they are busy processing the backlog.

It's great that the system is improving, but why can't you just get a consistent answer from them?

My file was sent in mid-March, surely it cannot take 3 months to come to a decision as my case is straight forward: I have children with Irish citizenship, applied on basis of 5 y residency (stamp 4) but also had LTR and is now on WCATT.

Does anyone else have the same experience?
"MidnightHawk" u are not alone on this forum. a lot of people have the same experience like u. my file was sent to minister in marth too. last week one lady from INIS called me back and said what my file still in minister office and it sould come back in near future. so all this looks like irish lottery. :wink:

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:16 pm

max11 wrote:
MidnightHawk wrote:This is infuriating! Spoke to INIS and they advised me "that my file hasn't come back from the minister yet", even though last week I was told that my file is back but they are busy processing the backlog.

It's great that the system is improving, but why can't you just get a consistent answer from them?

My file was sent in mid-March, surely it cannot take 3 months to come to a decision as my case is straight forward: I have children with Irish citizenship, applied on basis of 5 y residency (stamp 4) but also had LTR and is now on WCATT.

"MidnightHawk" u are not alone on this forum. a lot of people have the same experience like u. my file was sent to minister in marth too. last week one lady from INIS called me back and said what my file still in minister office and it sould come back in near future. so all this looks like irish lottery. :wink:
And the last few times I called, they are saying "we just received a batch of applications back from Minister's office, and we are going through them"

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Cheers guys.

Does anyone have any guestimate on how many applications they are currently processing?

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Dozens of people, I'm afraid :(

I have nearly everything from your list. On WCATT from January (means Minister is satisfied that I am person of "good character")

I must confess the more I think about it the more I realise if not for Mr. Shatter I would have been already given an approval...
Just thoughts.

savy

Post by savy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Friends, as far as I can see people who applied after Aug 2009 are getting their approvals and the applications of the people who applied before(including myself :-( are handled in same old way.

The good news is, the train started moving and we will get ours sooooon...

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm

I really don't know their criteria. Alot of people are frustrated to see that new applications are coming but old applications are stuck. Your case is the prime example of that. Even though u have LTR & WCATT still they are not giving any +ve answer.

I think they don't have the definitive answer that is why sometimes they say "file is back" and sometimes they say "its still with minister". Who knows next time you call they will say waiting for Garda report.

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm

savy wrote:Friends, as far as I can see people who applied after Aug 2009 are getting their approvals
ridiculous! they should seriously prioritise the people that's been waiting the longest.

at this rate it may be faster if I apply again with the new 6-month scheme.

outrageous.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:11 pm

MidnightHawk wrote:
savy wrote:Friends, as far as I can see people who applied after Aug 2009 are getting their approvals
ridiculous! they should seriously prioritise the people that's been waiting the longest.

at this rate it may be faster if I apply again with the new 6-month scheme.

outrageous.
True!

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi guys....tried many courts around to make an appointment for oath...all of them say that they can only accept the local people...i am based in tipperary and earliest available date is in Sept. 2011...any suggestions?? Any body knows any court that accepts people who are not having local addresses??? Thanks

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:08 pm

southdubliner wrote:Hi guys....tried many courts around to make an appointment for oath...all of them say that they can only accept the local people...i am based in tipperary and earliest available date is in Sept. 2011...any suggestions?? Any body knows any court that accepts people who are not having local addresses??? Thanks
They used to before. But now asaik they have stopped taking appointments from people not having local address.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:09 pm

southdubliner wrote:Hi guys....tried many courts around to make an appointment for oath...all of them say that they can only accept the local people...i am based in tipperary and earliest available date is in Sept. 2011...any suggestions?? Any body knows any court that accepts people who are not having local addresses??? Thanks
What about this cermony which will be held on Dublin castle tomorrow as what is Alan Shatter mentioned earlier
peace on you

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:21 pm

In my yesterday's post I tried to explain the situation, may be Allan Shatter's words could provide some help;

"To remedy this situation, I have arranged for the introduction of a Citizenship Ceremony. A pilot ceremony is scheduled to take place in Dublin Castle on 24th June where Justice Bryan McMahon, retired judge of the High Court, has agreed to assume the role of presiding officer. Future Citizenship Ceremonies will take place both in Dublin and outside of Dublin."
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
What about this cermony which will be held on Dublin castle tomorrow as what is Alan Shatter mentioned earlier
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Marisa, Aceform and many others who are still waiting for their YELLOW Forms I can understand your frustration as a few days ago we were too in the same boat, now my husband is off the board and i am still in the queue. I think before those grand Oath Taking Ceremonies in all counties no more approvals are coming because of recent huge pressure on the Courts. First they will clear all those approved applicants and their CON then they would start the next batch. There could be Approximately 2 to 3 months gap in each batch and the approvals would be random. (These are all my assumptions reality could be different.)
PIKKA

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:41 pm

PIKKA wrote:Marisa, Aceform and many others who are still waiting for their YELLOW Forms I can understand your frustration as a few days ago we were too in the same boat, now my husband is off the board and i am still in the queue. I think before those grand Oath Taking Ceremonies in all counties no more approvals are coming because of recent huge pressure on the Courts. First they will clear all those approved applicants and their CON then they would start the next batch. There could be Approximately 2 to 3 months gap in each batch and the approvals would be random. (These are all my assumptions reality could be different.)
Thanks PIKKA. Congrats to your husband.

lets wait and see what they do. Hope for the best.

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi guys! I got the acknowlegment letter today that my additional documents were received on 20 th of June but the thing I didn't send any documents at all. So it should be mistake or whatelse?!
I've just called them the other day and found out that the case is in the final stage. Do I need to reply them and explain the situation?
Cheers

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:34 pm

ribak wrote:Hi guys! I got the acknowlegment letter today that my additional documents were received on 20 th of June but the thing I didn't send any documents at all. So it should be mistake or whatelse?!
I've just called them the other day and found out that the case is in the final stage. Do I need to reply them and explain the situation?
Cheers
I don't think so that you need to send any thing because they did not ask for anything in that letter.
But My goodness. I don't know what INIS are doing if you have not send any updated docs then what are they acknowledging?

By the way What are your timelines?

1) When did you apply for Naturalization?
2) Do you have LTR?

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
ribak wrote:Hi guys! I got the acknowlegment letter today that my additional documents were received on 20 th of June but the thing I didn't send any documents at all. So it should be mistake or whatelse?!
Cheers
I don't think so that you need to send any thing because they did not ask for anything in that letter.
But My goodness. I don't know what INIS are doing if you have not send any updated docs then what are they acknowledging?

2) Do you have LTR?
I did apply in March 2009, after 5 years of Residence, having 10 years residence permit at the moment, it seems like someone else on behalf of me sent them the additional docs, but it's impossible. BTW i ve never been asked about the updates

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:43 pm

ribak wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
Cheers

2) Do you have LTR?
I did apply in March 2009, after 5 years of Residence, having 10 years residence permit at the moment, it seems like someone else on behalf of me sent them the additional docs, but it's impossible. BTW i ve never been asked about the updates
A) Keep your reference number secret. Don't tell it to anybody.
B) I believe what would have happen is that they may have requested some reports from revenue / garda. And then once recieved by them they may have had written an acknowledgment for that. I am just speculating here. Nothing is sure.

INIS is strange :) I don't understand their way of working.

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Aceform wrote:
They used to before. But now asaik they have stopped taking appointments from people not having local address.
I know about that ceremony tomorrow but have no clue as to is it on invite or its an open ceremony where you just walk in!!!!!! Honestly its frustrating...Is any body being invited for that ceremony or any one going for it???

soikdub
Newly Registered

Post by soikdub » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
ribak wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
Cheers

2) Do you have LTR?
A) Keep your reference number secret. Don't tell it to anybody.
B) I believe what would have happen is that they may have requested some reports from revenue / garda. And then once recieved by them they may have had written an acknowledgment for that. I am just speculating here. Nothing is sure.

INIS is strange :) I don't understand their way of working.
Absolutely, I don't understand their way of working.
I applied in nov 2008 after over 5 years of residency and working full time for the past five... no answer to date

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Nanette

I phoned today INIS and they confirmed that they are dealing 68/ 5xxx/2009 applications .
Our applications are 68/ 100xx/2009 so she reckons that would be end of the year when they'll process ours.

Korpy

nanette wrote:They will ask you what they need but merely P21, Payslips and Bank Account (ensure that you send current account and that ithas some money).

Just wait if they ask you for additional then send what they ask.

Have you been in contact with them lately? what did they say. If not try contacting them today to find out.

Nanette

Korpy wrote:Hi Guys

Me, my wife and my son applied in Nov 2009. No additional documents requested yet. Some of you guys mentioned that you sent in the additional documents without being requested .
My question is what documents has to be sent in for me and my wife ?
My son just finished first year in college ( is a 4 year course) and started a summer job ( never worked before), what documents should he send in ?

Thanks

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:26 pm

i dont understand why they dont write in website processing time is 6 months.

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:29 pm

IQU wrote:i dont understand why they dont write in website processing time is 6 months.
Actually on their phone answering machine they mention 26 months processing time.