ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:43 am

CRT7 wrote:@ Saeraj

Hi I faxed the number I had for Birmingham POU & they sent a letter to my home address stating that they can confirm that a determination was sent to Entry Clearance Officer in UK Visa on 10/6/11...............

They also gave me an email address to chase call letter which is as follows:

PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk

So this means that POU have done their bit, now its upto visa section to issue call letter am I right?

Ques for you......

The Visa section they are quoting in the letter, is it Abu Dhabi or Croydon? (my original app was refused by Croydon - dont know whether this will make a difference)

please advise

thanks
atleast u know POU has done their part. it is good.
if u ve applied from pakistan then ur visa section is abudhabi, whoever refused ur application first time doesnt matter.
and if u ve applied within UK then it must be croydon.

in any case, just call ur concerned visa section and mention the date, confirmed by POU and ask the visa section to confirm that they have recieved the official copy of determination.

i ve mentioned the phone number for abudhabi in my previous posts. dont waste ur time by emailing, just call them.

best of luck

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 am

Can any one tell, the minimum and maximum time limits to get back the stamped passport after allowed appeal in Pakistan?

I have asked the same question several times. Atleast someone reply yaar!!!

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:55 am

saeraj wrote:Can any one tell, the minimum and maximum time limits to get back the stamped passport after allowed appeal in Pakistan?

I have asked the same question several times. Atleast someone reply yaar!!!
@saeraj
There r many ppl in this forum who're under going the same case as yours. They can help u in this regard. BTW Best of luck for all those who've submitted an appeal or are preparing for. :)

@shadow Congrats ur wifey submitted her passport. Keep ur fingers crossed, IA U gonna hear something soon.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:49 am

@ searaj

the application was made from Pakistan by my husband I am the sponsor (although the decision was made & refused in Croydon)........so the visa section is AbuDhabi............ok I will give them a call...........although in a previous email they have said that they havent received determination from AIT yet...........but will call them - do i need to speak to anyone specific & can I speak in English or does it have to be in Urdu? lol

as for time it takes for passports to be returned.........during April & May it was only taking 2-3 weeks.........not sure about recently, someone else will have to help u on that one

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:52 am

@ northern_lass

the fax number for Birmingham POU is 01217001696 - i got a reply from them via post after about 5 days confirming that they had sent the official determination the visa section on 10/6/11

your appeal was heard before mine so u shud have received smthn by now...........

have u tired emailing visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk?? email them they shud help u..........or even call them, their number is on the past few pages on a post by saeraj

let me know how u get on

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:01 am

CRT7 wrote:@ searaj

the application was made from Pakistan by my husband I am the sponsor (although the decision was made & refused in Croydon)........so the visa section is AbuDhabi............ok I will give them a call...........although in a previous email they have said that they havent received determination from AIT yet...........but will call them - do i need to speak to anyone specific & can I speak in English or does it have to be in Urdu? lol

as for time it takes for passports to be returned.........during April & May it was only taking 2-3 weeks.........not sure about recently, someone else will have to help u on that one
The time limit for visa after allowed appeal is 12 weeks i.e 4-6 weeks for embassy to receive determination and then 8 weeks for embassy to stamp yours passport.

Shahzad

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 am

Can I ask Islamabad visa section to have a another look at the appeal as AIT have given till the 16th Aug, as the last emails was,

Your appeal has been reviewed by Entry Clearance Manager in Islamabad visa section. He is satisfied to maintain the refusal decision. We will have no further updates for you regarding your case. You may send your enquiries to customer.service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk

As I re submitted the latest documents for all my savings as well as the money I have send to my husband also all the orange phone bills.

They have still refusal the decision.

I'm going to write to them saying why are you still refusaling decision as i have give further evidence or they looking at them or not.

Just need help with what is the best way to go around this what shall i do?

as i have rang AIT they said that you will not get a court date till after the 16th Aug 2011.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 am

Yas2010 wrote:Can I ask Islamabad visa section to have a another look at the appeal as AIT have given till the 16th Aug, as the last emails was,

Your appeal has been reviewed by Entry Clearance Manager in Islamabad visa section. He is satisfied to maintain the refusal decision. We will have no further updates for you regarding your case. You may send your enquiries to customer.service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk

As I re submitted the latest documents for all my savings as well as the money I have send to my husband also all the orange phone bills.

They have still refusal the decision.

I'm going to write to them saying why are you still refusaling decision as i have give further evidence or they looking at them or not.

Just need help with what is the best way to go around this what shall i do?

as i have rang AIT they said that you will not get a court date till after the 16th Aug 2011.
No you cant. If they have reviewed your decision and are still sticking to the same decision, the only place you can now overturn this decision is at the IAT hearing, whenever that takes place.

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 am

@ CRT7

sister i did wait for 18 weeks and when i got the phone number of visa section abudhabi, it took just 1 week to get the call letter.

be sure that u call them early in the morning that is 9am (UAE time), they get very busy in the mid of the day.

they speak in English.

tell them u need to get the confirmation that they ve recieved the official copy of determination on whatever date mentioned by POU.

ask them to check it from relevant department and u can be on hold. request them, ask them for favour. it works.

once they confirm that they ve recieved the official copy, u ll get the call letter in a day or so.

best of luck, and thanks for telling me the visa stamping time.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:07 am

saeraj wrote:@ CRT7

sister i did wait for 18 weeks and when i got the phone number of visa section abudhabi, it took just 1 week to get the call letter.

be sure that u call them early in the morning that is 9am (UAE time), they get very busy in the mid of the day.

they speak in English.

tell them u need to get the confirmation that they ve recieved the official copy of determination on whatever date mentioned by POU.

ask them to check it from relevant department and u can be on hold. request them, ask them for favour. it works.

once they confirm that they ve recieved the official copy, u ll get the call letter in a day or so.

best of luck, and thanks for telling me the visa stamping time.
On what phone number you called Abu Dhabi Embassy.

Shahzad

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 am

shahzad

number for Abu Dhabi 0097126101100 opt 1 then 2 then enter 2237- they are closed fri & sat open sun-thur between 7.30-14.30

im gna try them sunday morning now

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:07 pm

CRT7 wrote:shahzad

number for Abu Dhabi 0097126101100 opt 1 then 2 then enter 2237- they are closed fri & sat open sun-thur between 7.30-14.30

im gna try them sunday morning now
yes u r right, they work 0730-1430 but u can call them b/w 0900-1300 (UAE time)

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm

saeraj

thanks for ur help will try between them times on sunday morning

lets hope this gets sorted.........its been going on too long

have u submitted passport now? Inshallah u will get it back soon........n the waiting game will be over .......Inshallah

fz158

Post by fz158 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Shadow86 or anybody else who has submitted passport,

my wifes passport was submitted today and it says on the VFS tracking website "VAF printing completed on 24/06/2011".

Does anybody know what this means exactly?

Thanks
Zaki

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:32 pm

CRT7 wrote:saeraj

thanks for ur help will try between them times on sunday morning

lets hope this gets sorted.........its been going on too long

have u submitted passport now? Inshallah u will get it back soon........n the waiting game will be over .......Inshallah
thanks.
yes i ve submitted pp on 15th june. hope to get it soon.

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:36 pm

fz158 wrote:Shadow86 or anybody else who has submitted passport,

my wifes passport was submitted today and it says on the VFS tracking website "VAF printing completed on 24/06/2011".

Thanks
Zaki
zaki, VAF is gerrys. this update is the initial one that you ve submitted the docs to gerrys. soon u ll get the update that your application is dispateched to OC (overseas consulate i.e., abudhabi) then after few days (in my case 4 days) u ll get the update that ur application has been forwarded to embassy that means ur passport has been sent to islamabad for printing the stamp on it.
i know up to this point yet.

fz158

Post by fz158 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:11 pm

saeraj wrote:
fz158 wrote:Shadow86 or anybody else who has submitted passport,

Thanks
Zaki
zaki, VAF is gerrys. this update is the initial one that you ve submitted the docs to gerrys. soon u ll get the update that your application is dispateched to OC (overseas consulate i.e., abudhabi) then after few days (in my case 4 days) u ll get the update that ur application has been forwarded to embassy that means ur passport has been sent to islamabad for printing the stamp on it.
i know up to this point yet.
Thanks that info is really appreciated.

Zaki

amson90
Newly Registered

help me please

Post by amson90 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:46 pm

salaams all i just wanted to ask u a question . do all applications be sent over to dubai or only some???? im asking this question as when the gentleman names Hamza called he was from Islamabad. just ant to know as to why some peoples gets sent over.... if anyone knows of the reason can u please share it with me... also my husbands friend got his visa yesterday after 11 weeks . make lots of dua inshallah.
also Shadow i have had the same problem with my connection . i was getting soo annoyed thinking its just my computer. today i have tried it from my laptop and its wokring fine... shukar hai allah ka...
allah hafiz

FaithHill

Re: help me please

Post by FaithHill » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:13 pm

amson90 wrote:salaams all i just wanted to ask u a question . do all applications be sent over to dubai or only some???? im asking this question as when the gentleman names Hamza called he was from Islamabad. just ant to know as to why some peoples gets sent over.... if anyone knows of the reason can u please share it with me... also my husbands friend got his visa yesterday after 11 weeks . make lots of dua inshallah.
also Shadow i have had the same problem with my connection . i was getting soo annoyed thinking its just my computer. today i have tried it from my laptop and its wokring fine... shukar hai allah ka...
allah hafiz
When i submitted mine ,i was told that all applications are now being processed in Islamabad from now onwards. But one thing i know, is that, those parts of the application that require further investigation or that need to be verified from england , they send those to England, in order to get the info they need(regarding the sponsor i;e ur spouse) n yes that can take some time. Really they got the visa after 11 weeks? Hmm was the husb sponsoring the wife or was it other way round? My 10 th week just completed. * Fingers crossed *

amson90
Newly Registered

salaams

Post by amson90 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:22 pm

salaams it was the wife who was sponsoring her husband they applied from mirpur. dot worry inshallah you will get it . its really weird coz me n my husband were talking about it the day before i was like your mate will get a reply soon inshallah and only to find out that they txt him saying collect your passport. forget the couple beding happy me and my husband were so happy for them ..... anyways take care :P
its been 7 weeks for me on thursady make dua plz

Submit21
Newly Registered

Post by Submit21 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:00 pm

Asalaam U Alaikum everyone.

I just want to say my wife submitted her papers at the Islamabad office yesterday 23/06/2011. Can I please be added to the spreadsheet.

One more thing, please make lots of dua for me and all individuals waiting for their visas. I pray to ALLAH (SWT) that everybody has a successful outcome. AMEEN.

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Finally it is working again on my desktop PC!

fz158, you kinda freaked me out a bit with that update on your progress because I have no idea what that meant but mine is on the forwarded to OC status so I never got a chance to see mine written like how yours is. Glad saeraj cleared that up.

Submit21, added your details.

I am curious, once we receive call letter, is the visa a given or is there any chance of further checks or any checks being made before them giving the visa?
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

FaithHill

Re: salaams

Post by FaithHill » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:43 pm

amson90 wrote:salaams it was the wife who was sponsoring her husband they applied from mirpur. dot worry inshallah you will get it . its really weird coz me n my husband were talking about it the day before i was like your mate will get a reply soon inshallah and only to find out that they txt him saying collect your passport. forget the couple beding happy me and my husband were so happy for them ..... anyways take care :P
its been 7 weeks for me on thursady make dua plz
INSHALLAH Everyone on this board will soon get a good news! Do not worry. Hi @Shadow@ how r u. Congrats on getting the Pc working :)

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:06 am

12 May 2011: New list of English language providers - Transitional arrangements.

On 6 April 2011 the UK Border Agency published a new list of English language test providers. For Tiers 1 and 2 of the Points Based System, tests that have been booked or taken with the existing list of providers can be used in applications as long as they are received by the UK Border Agency on or before 17 May 2011. From 18 May 2011 only tests taken with providers on the new list can be used for Tier 1 and 2 visa applications.

For spouse or partner visa applications, you may use a test with an existing provider in an application received on or before the 17 July 2011. From 18 July 2011 all spouse or partner visa applications must be submitted with evidence from a provider on the new list. For further details please visit the UK Border Agency website.
A word of warning to those who have taken the English test with the old UKBA providers, but will not be applying till after 18th July. The old test will be useless and your spouse will have to take and pay for another test with the new UKBA approved test providers and must then be handed in with the application. So those that have done the test better hurry up and get their application in before 17th July.

If you want to take the new test, the only approved and legitimate organization that I can think of in Pakistan is the British Council office:
http://www.britishcouncil.org/pakistan-contact-us.htm

Also I would advise be wary of those offering this test after 17/7. They are not many organization, and those that are offering this services will mainly be found in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore etc only and no where else

batleykhan

Re: help me please

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:13 am

FaithHill wrote:
amson90 wrote:salaams all i just wanted to ask u a question . do all applications be sent over to dubai or only some???? im asking this question as when the gentleman names Hamza called he was from Islamabad. just ant to know as to why some peoples gets sent over.... if anyone knows of the reason can u please share it with me... also my husbands friend got his visa yesterday after 11 weeks . make lots of dua inshallah.
allah hafiz
When i submitted mine ,i was told that all applications are now being processed in Islamabad from now onwards. But one thing i know, is that, those parts of the application that require further investigation or that need to be verified from england , they send those to England, in order to get the info they need(regarding the sponsor i;e ur spouse) n yes that can take some time. Really they got the visa after 11 weeks? Hmm was the husb sponsoring the wife or was it other way round? My 10 th week just completed. * Fingers crossed *
All checks on documents, works etc are carried out by staff in Islamabad, but the decison to grant or refuse visa is solely made in Croydon UK ( spouse visas) whist spouses and dependents of TI and T2 etc plus visitors are made in Dubai :wink: