ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Irish Citizenship throuh Naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Reetu
Newly Registered

Applying for Irish Citizenship throuh Naturalization

Post by Reetu » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Hai there

I have completed five year residency period on last Feb'11. Also i have all supportive documentation except long form birth certificate what it is saying in application form.

Will the justice deptt accept any of the following which will treat as birth certificate:-

1) SSLC cetficate (Secondary school leaving cetificate), the page where it is clearly showing my date of birth and name of parents.
2) The birth certificate which can obtain from Indian embassy Ireland

Can somebody please advise in this regard?

Thanks

Muttsnuts

Re: Applying for Irish Citizenship throuh Naturalization

Post by Muttsnuts » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:45 pm

Reetu wrote:Hai there

I have completed five year residency period on last Feb'11. Also i have all supportive documentation except long form birth certificate what it is saying in application form.

Will the justice deptt accept any of the following which will treat as birth certificate:-

1) SSLC cetficate (Secondary school leaving cetificate), the page where it is clearly showing my date of birth and name of parents.

Thanks
If they ask you for a birth certificate, you must supply a birth certificate. It's not for the purposes of obtaining your date of birth, it's to verify your identity and is the next best thing to a passport for confirming identity.

They will not accept a transcript of your school results as a birth cert just as they would not accept a single photo of you in place of a passport.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:00 am

Ahahahahahahahaha, And what else is next, A NEWS PAPER WITH YOUR PHOTO AS A BIRTH CERT ?

YOU ON TV as Birth cert...

Ahahahahahahahahah
Very funy....ahahahahaha

Muttsnuts wrote:

Thanks
If they ask you for a birth certificate, you must supply a birth certificate. It's not for the purposes of obtaining your date of birth, it's to verify your identity and is the next best thing to a passport for confirming identity.

They will not accept a transcript of your school results as a birth cert just as they would not accept a single photo of you in place of a passport.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:30 am

Thanks
Hi Reetu,

No they won't accept the SSLC certificate for birth certificate. Even though your current passport has your DOB and your parents details, they won't accept it as a Birth Certificate.

Couple of years ago, they used to accept the affidavit in place of the Birth Certificate. Now they have stopped accepting that as well.

Unfortunately, you will need a long form Birth Certificate, else your application will not be accepted.

Regards,
Ace

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 pm

I suppose you had better apply for the Birth Certificate from the Embassy.

dublinlad

Post by dublinlad » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi Reetu

Could you please explain what happen at the end?
What you submitted for passport?

regards