ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr tier 1 to dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bill123in
Newly Registered

ilr tier 1 to dependent

Post by bill123in » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:56 am

Hi all,
My wife and I both are on valid separate tier 1 Visas. Wife is applying for ILR next week. I am also planning to apply for ILR as wife's dependent. I have been living with Wife (/children, fortunately children are on wife's dependent Visa) for past 5 years, no breaks. One of our friends thinks that adding me as wife's dependent may be an invalid application. Please advise?
Thanks
Sunder

xyz123

Re: ilr tier 1 to dependent

Post by xyz123 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:23 pm

bill123in wrote:Hi all,
My wife and I both are on valid separate tier 1 Visas. Wife is applying for ILR next week. I am also planning to apply for ILR as wife's dependent. I have been living with Wife (/children, fortunately children are on wife's dependent Visa) for past 5 years, no breaks. One of our friends thinks that adding me as wife's dependent may be an invalid application. Please advise?
Thanks
Sunder
If you are both on seperate visas, none of you are other's dependant. so you can not include yourself as dependant in your wife's application.

your options are-

1- get ILR yourself when you complete 5 years on your own visa
2- change your visa to become dependant of your wife before she applies for ILR (and then u can include yourself as her depedent)
3- wait till she gets ILR and then change your visa to dependent of settled person.