ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:35 pm

Quick one, we were planning on sending in our application forms next week, but just realised our marriage certificate is an abridged version. The app form states

"Certified copy of original long form civil marriage certificate (if applicable). This certificate must show civil
status at date of marriage i.e. married, single, divorced or widowed and certified copy of a translation into
English if the certificate is in a language other than English or Irish."

My question is regarding the (if applicable) part. When is it not applicable? I assume only if you're not actually married...

Both my wife and I are applying based on 11 years residency, none of this 5 years nonsense :)

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:46 pm

southdubliner wrote:
Aceform wrote:
southdubliner wrote:Hi guys....tried many courts around to make an appointment for oath...all of them say that they can only accept the local people...i am based in tipperary and earliest available date is in Sept. 2011...any suggestions?? Any body knows any court that accepts people who are not having local addresses??? Thanks
They used to before. But now asaik they have stopped taking appointments from people not having local address.
I know about that ceremony tomorrow but have no clue as to is it on invite or its an open ceremony where you just walk in!!!!!! Honestly its frustrating...Is any body being invited for that ceremony or any one going for it???
No you cannot go by yourself they have invited 75 people to take oath
harpreetsk wrote:My wife applied in July 2009. She recieved the approval in post last week. We were asked to submit additional documents in March.

Looks like the process is changing as they are now asking to send all fees and photo etc before hand and attend a citizenship ceremony where the certificate will be prsented. So you don't have to first go to court for oath, then send in your docs and wait for the cert.

And by the way she applied on the basis of spouse of Irish citizen.
Here is another link that might help

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 71574.html
PIKKA

Green land

Post by Green land » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:49 pm

ribak wrote:Hi guys! I got the acknowlegment letter today that my additional documents were received on 20 th of June but the thing I didn't send any documents at all. So it should be mistake or whatelse?!
I've just called them the other day and found out that the case is in the final stage. Do I need to reply them and explain the situation?
Cheers
Ribak, dont worry. I did send some additional documents last week and probably many more people as well. They replied to me straightaway to confirm they received the letter. Their letter to acknowledge the receipt was dated 20th June. I guess somebody did copy & paste in error with the contents of the letter. May be they were about to prepare a covering letter for your file and did an incorrect one without realising. That's how you end up with this letter. If I was you I will send them a letter with copy of this letter to request if there is any mistake or something. Just to remind them that something went wrong as it seems to me something like that happend.

Last time I sent them documents was Dec 2009 and I received 2 letters to confirm they got my post. The second one was one week after the first one. So obviously there is a desparate filing system out there... I wont be surprised if the documents of all these people waiting for 3-4 years are in some press forgotten by all of them...

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Green land wrote:
ribak wrote:Hi guys! I got the acknowlegment letter today that my additional documents were received on 20 th of June but the thing I didn't send any documents at all. So it should be mistake or whatelse?!
I've just called them the other day and found out that the case is in the final stage. Do I need to reply them and explain the situation?
Cheers
Ribak, dont worry. I did send some additional documents last week and probably many more people as well. They replied to me straightaway to confirm they received the letter. Their letter to acknowledge the receipt was dated 20th June. I guess somebody did copy & paste in error with the contents of the letter. May be they were about to prepare a covering letter for your file and did an incorrect one without realising. That's how you end up with this letter. If I was you I will send them a letter with copy of this letter to request if there is any mistake or something. Just to remind them that something went wrong as it seems to me something like that happend.

Last time I sent them documents was Dec 2009 and I received 2 letters to confirm they got my post. The second one was one week after the first one. So obviously there is a desparate filing system out there... I wont be surprised if the documents of all these people waiting for 3-4 years are in some press forgotten by all of them...
Thanks a lot for your reply Green land, I'll do that tomorrow definitely. Something is going on and I hope something good!

inzar
Newly Registered

Post by inzar » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Folks!! I have to break it to you!!!.. Those of you who are saying LTR speeds it , I think no and yes as minster said it would be fast for LTR people but ppl not getting it like me and Aceform and many more of my friends..

Now those of you who are saying that they are only giving to people who applied recently or 2009 or 2010 well thats not true anymore.

I rang a friend of mine who applied in September 2007 and got it last week , I only found out now...so they are just picking random applications no chronological order !!! definitely not!!!
so relax all of you and dont jump to conclusions..We all gona get there slowly but surely!!!! :) Good nite and God bless!! :lol: :P
Last edited by inzar on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crown

Post by crown » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:30 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
crown wrote:I got my passport today ....feels real good
Looking for somewhere to go next week for 2 days and fly across the immigration desk at the airport on my way back
Good luck to all the latest paddies who got recently. Thank God the queue is moving - at least the government can make some money Each applicant pays €950 you know
Crown
Congrats Crown
What did the passport office asked you to submitt with the application?
What I find that you can submitt your driving license instead of your passport or they are asking for the passport itself also for the birth certificate should it be certified?
The usual stuff as stated on the website plus pay slip, bank statements. My birth cert was taken though not certified but I was told to wait for a day before told if it is ok. It took 15 working days because they said it was 1st passport for a naturalised person and thus could take much longer So expect delays. No thanks to the Russians and the Isrealis who faked Irish passports
Crown

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:07 am

Aceform wrote:Yes, got through after continuously trying for about 40 minutes.

But again, spoke to a grumpy Mary. Exact same answer.
Keep a good thing going, Aceform:) I'm now going to call them the first week of July.
southdubliner wrote:Posted:
Hi guys....tried many courts around to make an appointment for oath...all of them say that they can only accept the local people...i am based in tipperary and earliest available date is in Sept. 2011...any suggestions??
I got really curious yesterday - over these court availabilities and called a few. Firstly I tried Bray (as it's nearby) and got immediately asked of my address. The operator said I have to call Dublin District (018006000), which I did and the next timeslot available there was for the 6th October.
I did not reserve it...
Hope this information helps someone.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:10 am

the minister is probably expediting only the recent LTR holders, not the ones that were granted a year ago, for example...

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:22 am

Marisa wrote: Keep a good thing going, Aceform:) I'm now going to call them the first week of July.
Thanks Marisa. Maybe you don't need that call, you never know you could have got yours by then :-)

Good Luck

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:22 am

Seems like the initial burst of replies from INIS is subsided. From 16th till 22nd June. We were seeing alot of messages on this forum for approved applications.

Whats up guys? Any new approvals today?

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:54 am

People are celebrating....
alpha_1 wrote:Seems like the initial burst of replies from INIS is subsided. From 16th till 22nd June. We were seeing alot of messages on this forum for approved applications.

Whats up guys? Any new approvals today?

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:56 am

PIKKA wrote:I can understand your frustration as a few days ago we were too in the same boat, now my husband is off the board and i am still in the queue. I think before those grand Oath Taking Ceremonies in all counties no more approvals are coming because of recent huge pressure on the Courts.
First they will clear all those approved applicants and their CON then they would start the next batch. There could be Approximately 2 to 3 months gap in each batch
Pikka raised a very interesting point. I’d say there is a very high possibility of this happening.

Perhaps the only thing that could disprove this suggestion is that we are constantly trying to apply logic to what is happening there. But there might be no logic whatsoever.

and the approvals would be random. (These are all my assumptions reality could be different.)
Pikka, you have opened my eyes. They are random now! Another thing is that there should be some sort of order even in this randomness. What if they sorted them alphabetically?:)

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Y'd i called inis - they have informed me that file is with final processing. any one can help me. what is there system. How long will take to get certi.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 pm

2011inland wrote:Y'd i called inis - they have informed me that file is with final processing. any one can help me. what is there system. How long will take to get certi.
What is your timeline?
When did you apply for naturalization?
And do you have LTR?

Ruan
Newly Registered

Post by Ruan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello- i am a "July-2009-baby".

Ref nr. 68/6***/09.

I would to know if 2 years is the normal waiting-time before applications start the next phase of processing ?

Is this time-frame normal ?

Because it's contradicting the INIS-website.

Cheers.
Last edited by Ruan on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm

2011inland wrote:they have informed me that file is with final processing.
Hi, 2011inland. One acquaintance of mine keeps being told his file is in "final processing" for the last 8 months.

max11
Newly Registered

Post by max11 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:10 pm

PIKKA wrote:Marisa, Aceform and many others who are still waiting for their YELLOW Forms I can understand your frustration as a few days ago we were too in the same boat, now my husband is off the board and i am still in the queue. I think before those grand Oath Taking Ceremonies in all counties no more approvals are coming because of recent huge pressure on the Courts. First they will clear all those approved applicants and their CON then they would start the next batch. There could be Approximately 2 to 3 months gap in each batch and the approvals would be random. (These are all my assumptions reality could be different.)
2-3 months looks realistically.but from another side waiting 5-6 months after file was sent to minister is ridiculous.in addition, for 2-3 months gap alot of new applications may be sent to minister and only God knows how next batches will be processed.
:roll:

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:26 pm

WELCOME TO IRELAND.....AND INIS !!!

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:37 pm

[quote="alpha_1"][quote="2011inland"]Y'd i called inis - they have informed me that file is with final processing. any one can help me. what is there system. How long will take to get certi.[/quote]

What is your timeline?
And do you have LTR?[/quote]

I applied in feb 2010
yes LTR- i posted to them - start of this week - i called them to confirm
But they informed file with final processing

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:40 pm

[quote="Marisa"][quote="2011inland"]they have informed me that file is with final processing.[/quote]
Hi, 2011inland. One acquaintance of mine keeps being told his file is in "final processing" for the last 8 months.[/quote]

is it so - but i asked them they said it may take week or months

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:40 pm

I rang them yesterday and they told me that they are dealing the 68/5***/09 applications.

Ruan wrote:Hello- i am a "July-2009-baby".

Ref nr. 68/6***/09.

I would to know if 2 years is the normal waiting-time before applications start the next phase of processing ?

Is this time-frame normal ?

Cheers.

Ruan
Newly Registered

Post by Ruan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Because i found Ministers' Shatters' speech on the internet

......"IT IS ENTIRELY INAPPROPRIATE, AND COMPLETELY OUT OF STEP WITH OTHER JURISDICTIONS, THAT PEOPLE WISHING TO BECOME IRISH CITIZENS SHOULD BE EXPECTED TO WAIT AN AVERAGE OF 25 MONTHS FOR A DECISION ON THEIR APPLICATION."

Ithink there's A LOT of other applications on hold for more than 25 months.

Ruan
Newly Registered

Post by Ruan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Ta' Korpy- i am 68/6***/09.....that sounds great !! I'm in the 6'000'sss

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:49 pm

2011inland wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
2011inland wrote:Y'd i called inis - they have informed me that file is with final processing. any one can help me. what is there system. How long will take to get certi.
What is your timeline?
And do you have LTR?
I applied in feb 2010
Well since you do have LTR which you recently accquired. It is highly likely you will get in few weeks. Good Luck !

By the way when was your LTR approved?
Last edited by alpha_1 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:54 pm

2011inland wrote: I applied in feb 2010
You should get it soon enough, may be in the next couple of weeks.