ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:00 pm

i hope the procedure is
intial process
final process
if required- request of any addtional document
issuing confirmation letter

can any one help me

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi there again 2011inland,
That's how it used to be before (I don't think anyone knows how it is dealt with now):
[quote="9jeirean"]Just to lend in some clarifications about this and I have seen a few posts around on the issue as well.

Let me start by saying, I can only speak for applications made based on 5 years residency as I understand that the numbers and details of required documentations and checks done for other categories are different. Also the summary I provide here is based on my personal experience and from evidence of what we've seen on the forum. Please do not take this as a form of legal or authoritative representation of INIS operations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When INIS says "we have started further processing" take that as literary meaning, we are beginning to dust off your files received in mid 200X and we will now start to process it.

==> The so called further processing stage involves

i)Rechecking for any supporting documents that might be required that weren't picked at the initial stage.
ii)Send out a letter to applicants requesting additional documents - Payslips, P60s/21s, etc (and yes, some people are never asked for additional documents any any stage, but I have to say based on my observation, majority are)
iii)Send out report request to Gardi and social welfare.

I know there appears to be some disagreement as to which comes first (ii) or (iii)? I am convinced that they do (ii) before (iii) in most cases. Another strong possibilities is that they send both set of request out at the same time.

The time frame recorded here so far to complete i to iii above have varied between 3 - 18 months depending largely on how quickly the reports arrive from the so called outside agencies (Garda & SW office).

Note: One more important factor I'll like to share with people is that the time frame between when INIS receives each of the outside agency report is important. We've had cases here in the past where SW reports were received and Garda reports arrived more than 6 months later. In such instances, INIS had to re-request the SW report as it was not considered recent enough to make a valid decision. This could set off a potential cycle where reports verification may drag on unnecessarily. What I did on the advice of some knowledgeable forum member, and I've always advised others to do is; If it's more than 6 months since you submitted additional documents and you haven't received anything back, obtain your SW report from the SW office and send it to INIS. They do accept SW reports sent in by applicants themselves and do send them update SW every 3-6 months to ensure that you are not snookered by the recency factor.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==> Once all relevant reports are received, the file moved to what INIS calls advanced stage. This involves:

i) An officer looks at all the material facts and information provided on the application, documentations reports etc and makes a recommendation to approve or refuse the application
ii) A second (generally more senior) officer cross checks and agrees or disagree with the 1st officer.
iii) Applications sent to the ministers office for final approval or refusal based on the recommendation of officer 1&2.

The time frame between (i) & ii) has been noted to vary between 5 weeks to 3 months.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is of assistance to people and as i said please don't take this as the final word but some kind of guidance to help clarify some confusions as I have observed them here.

Goodluck to all - Ã

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:12 pm

@ 9jeirean:

Very detailed and good analysis. Thanks for this post.

I wonder how they are going to achieve 6 months time frame.
I think they must be operating in 2-3 teams who are processing as follows:

1) Team A which is trying to clear the back log i.e. applications from 2007-Mid 2009
2) Team B which is looking at applications as mentioned on INIS website (further processing of Late 2009).
3) Team C which is looking after the new applications so that it is dealt within 6 month time frame.

Now SW report and Garda reports, I don't know how they gonna manage it. Perhaps, they may have a centralized system where they can check online from SW system about the person SW record and a dedicated Garda officer (as minister promises) is already employed to carry out good behaviour checks.

Again, this is just my interpretation.

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:34 pm

[quote="alpha_1"][quote="2011inland"][quote="alpha_1"][quote="2011inland"]Y'd i called inis - they have informed me that file is with final processing. any one can help me. what is there system. How long will take to get certi.[/quote]

What is your timeline?
When did you apply for naturalization?
And do you have LTR?[/quote]

I applied in feb 2010
yes LTR- i posted to them - start of this week - i called them to confirm
But they informed file with final processing[/quote]

Well since you do have LTR which you recently accquired. It is highly likely you will get in few weeks. Good Luck !

By the way when was your LTR approved?[/quote]

thanks for everyone
i got LTR mar 2011

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:45 pm

I applied in feb 2010
yes LTR- i posted to them - start of this week - i called them to confirm
But they informed file with final processing

thanks for everyone
i got LTR mar 2011
You go LTR in Mar 2011. Don't worry your one should be coming in pretty soon. This is what the current trend tells us :)

Keep us posted once you get it.

abhimanyu11
Newly Registered

Post by abhimanyu11 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi,
My Friend Applied for naturalisation in Feb2009. No docs requested from him. No additional docs Submitted by him. Last one year he is out of Ireland. This week Yellow form was issues in his name. One year ago He got his LTR and he updated his GNIB and Multi entry VISA. Hence LTR must be the main reason for his Yellow Form approval.
Abhi

abhimanyu11
Newly Registered

Post by abhimanyu11 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:00 pm

I need advice on my case:
I have sent my filled Yellow form and related docs to INIS yesterday. And I am waiting for my CON. I need to apply for my young one for naturalisation once I receive my CON. She finished her Leaving Cert Exam yesterday (Lucky still below 18 years.)
Please advice how to make sure her Application processing is smooth and fast so as to receive her CON before the college admission in Sept. This will help a lot for college fees.
I am just worried if and new format of the school letter or additional documents if requested then the School holidays after coming weeks can be a big delay.
Any advice or help can be highly appreciated.
Best regards
Abhi

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:06 pm

abhimanyu11 wrote:I need advice on my case:
I have sent my filled Yellow form and related docs to INIS yesterday. And I am waiting for my CON. I need to apply for my young one for naturalisation once I receive my CON. She finished her Leaving Cert Exam yesterday (Lucky still below 18 years.)
Please advice how to make sure her Application processing is smooth and fast so as to receive her CON before the college admission in Sept. This will help a lot for college fees.
I am just worried if and new format of the school letter or additional documents if requested then the School holidays after coming weeks can be a big delay.
Best regards
Abhi
To apply for her you will need to get letters from each school she attended mentioning the enrolemnet year and how many days she attended in that year, you will need your CON and fill in the form
as far as I know it takes between 4 to 6 months to get a letter to pay the 200 euros
I'll do the same for my son as I'll get my CON but I'm taking the oath on 13/07
finger crossed then that they will not change anything from no untill then
good luck
peace on you

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:09 pm

abhimanyu11 wrote:I need advice on my case:
Best regards
Abhi
I think unless you get your's CON before that you cannot apply for your minor child. And for minor I guess under new system they may process in 4 months time. May be you can attach a letter once you apply for your daughter telling them that she need to start college and it will greatly assist you financially if she get the citizenship asap. Hope it helps.

By the way what is your timeline? When did u apply, any ltr, and when u got approval?

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Marisa wrote:Hi there again 2011inland,
That's how it used to be before (I don't think anyone knows how it is dealt with now):
Thanks Marisa, I probably need to put a date stamp on that :lol: . I hate to be in the position to second guess how INIS currently processes applications. My guess is, even many of the Marys in the naturalization office have no clue what goes where at the moment :D .

It is obvious the process has changed. I think they are (or at least attempting to) have a 2 tier system in which old applications are been process based on the old workflow/pathway albeit at a faster pace and new applications are been processed through a more streamline/abridged pathway. It will probably take a few months for us to have an idea how the new system works/will work. In any case, I think INIS would do themselves and the applicants a lot of favour to provide up to date information particularly for the backlog applicants who may get more and more frustrated to see new applicants coming through.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:45 pm

alpha_1 wrote:@ 9jeirean:

Very detailed and good analysis. Thanks for this post.

I wonder how they are going to achieve 6 months time frame.
I think they must be operating in 2-3 teams who are processing as follows:

1) Team A which is trying to clear the back log i.e. applications from 2007-Mid 2009
2) Team B which is looking at applications as mentioned on INIS website (further processing of Late 2009).
3) Team C which is looking after the new applications so that it is dealt within 6 month time frame.

Now SW report and Garda reports, I don't know how they gonna manage it. Perhaps, they may have a centralized system where they can check online from SW system about the person SW record and a dedicated Garda officer (as minister promises) is already employed to carry out good behaviour checks.
Hi Alpha-1,

I made that a few months back. Things have obviously moved on somewhat since then.

I concur with your analysis of different teams working on separate cohorts of applicants. My worry, ok paranoia :lol: is that once the initial drive of the ongoing change mellows down Marys and Johns in Tipperary may revert back to their comfort zone. I hope am wrong though.

Re SW & Garda Check, I remember Alan Shatter promised a dedicated Garda vetting officer for the naturalization office. It used to be that naturalization vetting were lumped with the rest of other Garda vetting applications which include people seeking employment etc. Given the pace of approval and the minister's apparent conviction of a 6 months turn around time, one can only assume now that the dedicated Garda vetting officer is now in place. Similar arrangement may be in place for SW reports. Also, it does appear that people who already have LTR granted are now been exempted from a second round of Garda and SW vetting. Hence, less demand on the vetting officers.

As I said in my previous post in response to Merisa, we can only speculate at this stage as a lot of these are still in their infancy stage, it will become clearer over time. Let's just hope and pray that the current pace of commitment is sustained.

9jeirean

abhimanyu11
Newly Registered

Post by abhimanyu11 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Best regards
Abhi[/quote]

I think unless you get your's CON before that you cannot apply for your minor child. And for minor I guess under new system they may process in 4 months time. May be you can attach a letter once you apply for your daughter telling them that she need to start college and it will greatly assist you financially if she get the citizenship asap. Hope it helps.

By the way what is your timeline? When did u apply, any ltr, and when u got approval?[/quote]

Hi alpha_1 and IRISH PHAROE,
Thanks for the support.
My timeline is Applied Feb2009, 5 Year stay WorkVisa, Submitted
Recent P60 in Feb11. Received approval Last week.
Wonder there is any Yellow form for minors or straight CON?
Sending the letter explaining the Collage admission issue is a good idea.
Best luck and
Best regards
Abhi

Green land

Post by Green land » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:19 pm

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:05 pm

Green land wrote:Guys, did you see that already?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0624/citizenship.html
I think we all deserve something like that aftare all of that waitting
taking the oath and receiving the CON at the same time wow
congrats to all
is any of them is a poster here in the forum?!!!!!!
please come on and tell us
peace on you

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:04 pm

There may be even more reasons to be optimistic yet:
The justice minister said he had slashed the huge backlog of citizenship applications since coming to office and expected to have it completely cleared by spring next year. There are still 13,500 applications awaiting decisions for more than six months.There are also plans to recruit more people under the new government internship programme to help speed up the naturalisation process, he revealed.
Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/shatter-citize ... 40363.html

crown

Post by crown » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:23 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
Green land wrote:Guys, did you see that already?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0624/citizenship.html
I think we all deserve something like that aftare all of that waitting
taking the oath and receiving the CON at the same time wow
congrats to all
is any of them is a poster here in the forum?!!!!!!
please come on and tell us
I attended this citizenship ceremony this morning as a guest. It was well-planned and quite a success. It was modelled like a graduation ceremony. The Justice Minister spoke passionately and probably won me over he condemnned the long time folks had waited he acknowldeged some waited 3 years (I did). He promised to clear the backlog by Sept 2012.
73 people got their certs after the swearing. This means they do not have to wait again for their certs
There are a few questions. How did they come about his lucky 73 people. Looking through them they were not racially and demographically representative of applicants generally. Why not get a bigger hall and get about 200 people through? Why just 73? I hear some courts have started to give Jan 2012 dates for swearing. Not fair if some wait so long and others get it so easy within the same time frame
Crown

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:20 am

'After 11 years in this country, it's good to finally belong in a real way'

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fro ... 86908.html

“NERVOUS, HAPPY, excited, proudâ€

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:00 am

alpha_1 wrote: Now SW report and Garda reports, I don't know how they gonna manage it. Perhaps, they may have a centralized system where they can check online from SW system about the person SW record and a dedicated Garda officer (as minister promises) is already employed to carry out good behaviour checks.
I phoned INIS last week and they are still waiting for my garda report and one of the Marys said that they would get the report online. But I don't understand why are they asking to send LTR letter don't they have that record on their system or they just want to keep us busy.
PIKKA

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:54 am

PIKKA wrote:
alpha_1 wrote: Now SW report and Garda reports, I don't know how they gonna manage it. Perhaps, they may have a centralized system where they can check online from SW system about the person SW record and a dedicated Garda officer (as minister promises) is already employed to carry out good behaviour checks.
I phoned INIS last week and they are still waiting for my garda report and one of the Marys said that they would get the report online. But I don't understand why are they asking to send LTR letter don't they have that record on their system or they just want to keep us busy.
Pikka ,
what do you mean by get the report online,
they are waitting for the garda report of my wife's application as well
is that mean there will be good news soon?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
peace on you

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:36 pm

See the Irish Times to-day ? It looks so cool.....everybody getting their CON at Dublin Castle- i wonder if there was a meal included....and a couple of pints of "the black-stuff" !! I'll be looking forward to my trip.....to the Capital ! :)

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:24 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
Pikka ,
what do you mean by get the report online,
they are waitting for the garda report of my wife's application as well
is that mean there will be good news soon?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who knows when this is going to happen, but fingers crossed and hope for the best. I am an optimist in my whole life but in the last five years(Since the IBC Scheme) I was becoming pessimist in relations to INIS but now INIS is forcing me to be optimist in their case too.
PIKKA

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:07 pm

:D :D :D Congratulation's to everyone who got citizenship's :D :D :D

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:34 pm

crown wrote: Why just 73? I hear some courts have started to give Jan 2012 dates for swearing. Not fair if some wait so long and others get it so easy within the same time frame
Crown
This was just a pilot run, so just 73 were invited. It'll be more next time

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:29 pm

fine gael will very happy.950 from each applicant 25000 application still to solve. approx 20000000 euro within six months also we all going to vote for fine gael 25000 vote for fine gael and labour for sure next election. :lol: :o :o :o :o :o

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

SCrudu Sheet

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Kindly, can everyone who got his approval recently and had an entry in Scrudu sheet to update his information.
I remember that sheet was kind of surprise for me when I joined the forum
so please let's keep the good work.

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps
peace on you