ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Our naturalisation application - weird and frustrating reply

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ben
Diamond Member

Our naturalisation application - weird and frustrating reply

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm

So my wife and I applied for naturalisation again in December 2010 (second application, first refused). We sent in fully completed application forms plus everything requested on the form, such as certified copies of birth certs, marriage cert, solicitor completed statutory declaration etc.

We were contacted a few months later and asked for more documents (further proof of five years residence), so we submitted these too.

Yesterday I came home to find an envelope addressed to both of us which contained our original documents, our application forms and each a (seemingly) templated letter saying that our applications cannot proceed until we submit (wait for it), certified copies of our birth certs, certified copies of our marriage certs, proof of residence for five years etc, plus a new statutory declaration....

Eh? Am I missing something? Is it a mistake or are they trying to wind me up?

It's the equivalent of me asking you for a banana, you send me a banana, I send it back to you with a letter saying I can't give you what you want until you send me a banana.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:42 pm

That is why it is banana republic. What i suggest to do is send the banana back to them in a fruit basket and also include an apple.

apple: other documents which you think make difference
fruit basket: letter highlighting their incompetence.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:49 pm

I think I might just return it all directly to Minister Shatter, with a polite letter pointing out that this is a prime example of why the citizenship division has been averaging at least two years processing time - something I know he's keen to dramatically improve on.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:23 pm

You will get your stuff back again from minister's office with another template letter saying to apply directly to the citizenship section. :lol: It could be the case of an "overworked" clerk overlooking everything. I would say if you send it back to them it will be accepted. Don't expect an apology letter from them but i wouldn't be surprised if they try and justify it in some way.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Well if you ask me..contact immigration council of ireland or nasc or NCP or all of them together and explain this situation.

Honestly, I thought they are all qualified people and all checks were performed before they were given a job.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Ben wrote:I think I might just return it all directly to Minister Shatter, with a polite letter pointing out that this is a prime example of why the citizenship division has been averaging at least two years processing time - something I know he's keen to dramatically improve on.
I think sending a letter to the minister is an excellent idea!

I would tend to say that you do not want any action on his part, but he should be aware that the department appears to be chronically disorganized and may not be fit-for-purpose. And offer that he should feel free to call you if he would like any more details!

I guess it makes sense to keep it ruthlessly polite so that it does not impact your application.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear this. you need to write a letter stressing your fustration but politely. I insist on that.

For example, if your document were certified by a notary/lawyer here then get all the infos about that notary/lawer and state if they believe that the notary/lawyer is a fraud then the minister of justice needs to know about because these notary/lawyer get their accreditations from the minister of justice...See where I am going.

Also try to found out who is the Head of INIS and send your letter and application to him (via DHL) and keep copies for yourself as well.

Now, regarding proof of residence, as they requested copies, and then send scanned colored pictures of the same thing. State that in your letter as well. Example: I've included copies of our proof of residence in Ireland, the same one I have previously sent to you except these are scanned and in color if that makes them any better. These are stamps from INIS.
Also if you have bills spawning the 5 reckonnable period (ESB, NTL, P60, payslips), Send them scanned copies of those documents.

Also state in your letter that you have been working as xxxx since xxxx and the same for your wife.

And finally in your letter, state that you have officially sent the same documents (copies and scans) and letters (correspondances between you and INIS) to minister Shatter directly and that you are expecting answer from either INIS or the minister himself.

PM me if you need a reviewer of your letter or help in put something.

Send all documents via DHL (especialy the copy going to the minister).

Thanks,
Nanette

agniukas

Re: Our naturalisation application - weird and frustrating r

Post by agniukas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Ben wrote:So my wife and I applied for naturalisation again in December 2010 (second application, first refused). We sent in fully completed application forms plus everything requested on the form, such as certified copies of birth certs, marriage cert, solicitor completed statutory declaration etc.

We were contacted a few months later and asked for more documents (further proof of five years residence), so we submitted these too.

Yesterday I came home to find an envelope addressed to both of us which contained our original documents, our application forms and each a (seemingly) templated letter saying that our applications cannot proceed until we submit (wait for it), certified copies of our birth certs, certified copies of our marriage certs, proof of residence for five years etc, plus a new statutory declaration....

It's the equivalent of me asking you for a banana, you send me a banana, I send it back to you with a letter saying I can't give you what you want until you send me a banana.
just one question: did you submit the originals (you state that the originals were returned) or the certified copies of the originals (as they are asking for) ?

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Do they want to send to to the back of the queue, and start the
clock all over again ?

Rights delayed are rights denied -- Martin Luther King, Jr

Muttsnuts

Re: Our naturalisation application - weird and frustrating r

Post by Muttsnuts » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:16 pm

Ben wrote:So my wife and I applied for naturalisation again in December 2010 (second application, first refused). We sent in fully completed application forms plus everything requested on the form, such as certified copies of birth certs, marriage cert, solicitor completed statutory declaration etc.

Double check all of your documents and make sure that everything is 100% correct (to the letter). Send the whole lot back with a new statutory declaration. There's no point in writing directly to the Minister. You will get an automated reply from the Minister's secretary and you will hear no more than that. If it makes you feel better, by all means do so but you will not get any particularly advantage in doing so.

It's also likely that you are going to the back of the queue but the six month processing time will make that an easier pill to swallow.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:35 am

Same thing they did to one of our friends who applied in 2007 and after six they sent him back all the documents saying that your time is short and you did not stay continuously one year before applying. But everything they said was wrong so they send them back all the documents explaining everything then INIS apologized saying it was a mistake. you can do the same and i am sure the answer would be the same.

Otherwise if the problem doesn't solve go to the new application form(six months route)
PIKKA

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:28 pm

I think you should write back to them and ask very clearly and specifically what was wrong with the application. The form should be date stamped as received in the citizenship section is it? Did you ever receive a reference number?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 am

fatty patty wrote:That is why it is banana republic. What i suggest to do is send the banana back to them in a fruit basket and also include an apple.

apple: other documents which you think make difference
fruit basket: letter highlighting their incompetence.
Or just send what you have been asked for and bite your lip. Certified Copies , a requirement not present when you first made the application.