ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon PEO with Traffic Violation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurav.gangwani
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon PEO with Traffic Violation

Post by gaurav.gangwani » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:54 pm

Hi All,

Just to share my good news with everyone that my ILR has been successful at the Croydon PEO on 24th June 2011.
I would specially like to thank Sushdmehta for all continuous support and all the other members for sharing their experiences which was really helpful in the success today.

In my case i had an speeding fine on my Indian license 4 yrs back which got transferred to the magistrate court and i was asked to pay 60 GBP and 3 points. thankfully i got a Basic Disclosure Scotland which didn't specify any unspent convictions, hence in the section 7 I filled in "No". Although the same section in my previous HSMP and tier-1 i filled in "Yes" ...but this time i was sure and didn't want to confuse the case worker at all...so i just decided to put "No"

My experience at Croydon today was not all that great, i had an appointment for 8:30 am, although i reached at 7:30 but i was still allowed to enter and go through the security checks.

After this i was asked to be in queue for 15 mins and then the lady at the ground floor counter verified my Application and asked me if i was carrying relevant papers based on which she stamped my form as "VALID".

I was then asked to pay the relevant fees by Credit Card / Debit Card on the first floor and then i had to wait for about 45 mins to be called at the counter.
around 9:15 a south Indian lady at counter attended me, she started by asking my payment confirmation, application form , Life in UK certificate and my passport.

Next was my 12 months salary slip along with Bank statements which she wanted me to arrange for her in the way that she can clearly relate the respective salary being credited to my account each month.

She did something on her system for more than 45 mins while i waited, then i was asked to give 5 yrs P 60 / P45 and only the current employee reference letter which i had with me so could provide her immediately.
I was then asked for my Two original WP's ..as my application was a combination of WP - WP - HSMP - Tier 1

I waited for another 45 mins while she kept doing something on her system, after which she asked me to help her identify all the In / out stamps for my visits outside UK, total of which was only 160 days in 5 yrs.
After few minutes she told me that i submitted a different bachelor degree during my HSMP and tier-1 application than what has been mentioned today in my ILR application, to this i told her that i have only one degree and this is what i have always used for my applications. She wasn't convinced with this until i showed her the original degree and transcripts which made her say apologies with the comments "my system has an error i.e. it has mapped your name with someone else's degree..sorry "
honestly I was pretty annoyed with this behaviour as it was already 2 more than 2 hrs me sitting in front of the counter.
then she wanted me to wait for another 1 hr while she would do the photocopy of all my docs, but thankfully i was carrying all copies so it saved me that time and her some effort.

Again i waited for good 30 mins while she was asked me weird questions like what was my age during HSMP & Tier-1 ...i told her the answers and she kept typing on her system. .. after which she said your papers look good and i will grant you ILR today, all my original papers were returned to me and i was asked to come back in 1 hr which i did and received my passport with the ILR stamp.

the whole process took around 4 - 5 hrs but the end result is what matters...I am the happiest today..can't believe the 5 yrs hard work has really paid off :)

IMP TIP :
Try to carry all the papers you have but keep them with your self in the folder unless asked for, don't start to offer papers which they don't need...this is where people normally mess up.

Thank you all and best of luck to all.

genious

Post by genious » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:05 am

congratulations...

hard work paidoff :)

gajenb7
Newly Registered

Post by gajenb7 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:05 pm

did you have to show her ALL of your in / out stamps??