ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need to apply for EEA FP again?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whata1da
Newly Registered

Do i need to apply for EEA FP again?

Post by whata1da » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 am

I'm hoping someone can help me..

I applied for a FP last november so that we could spend xmas with the family and it has since expired.

my husband is British and i'm South African. we've been living in Ireland for 2.5yrs where we are exercising our eu treaty rights and have a 1yr old baby.

we are planning on returning to the UK in the near future but i'm a bit confused as I've been told by worldbridge that i need to apply for a UK spouse visa before i can reside in the UK.however, since reading various posts it seems that i can enter on FP and then apply for for a residence card..IS THIS CORRECT? If so, do i have to apply for another FP as my previous 1 expired in May 2011?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:49 am

You may have a choice of applying for another FP or a spouse visa.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.