ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Ext- Approved (and in record time!:-))

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imprezasti

Tier 1 Ext- Approved (and in record time!:-))

Post by imprezasti » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi all,

Just got back from Cardiff from my PEO app.

What a pleasant experience that was- none of the chaps ever asked a single question, just looked at the docs briefly and sent me to kill off some time while they do all they needed to do. They mentioned that they might need 2 to 4 hours...
With that in mind I thought I'd go for a quick spin around some mountainous Welsh B-roads :lol: ... But that intention was rudely interrupted (after just 20 minutes after i'd left) by a call from some bloke (who sounded like he was still half asleep) asking if I would mind going back to the office to collect my docs!

Needless to say, (with a sense of mild dissapointment at the fact that the B-roads would have to wait!!) I turned the car round and headed back to Cardiff..

The only question I had all day came at the end:

"Any particular reason why you decided to apply early for your extension- you know you will end up with a gap..?"

Me: "Honestly- I dont want to become one of those unfortunate souls, who try to drag it till the very end, then realise that no PEOs are (ever) available, having to post their apps and then spending weeks past expiry of their leave breaking their foreheads praying for their extension to be granted!"

Them:"Yep, we understand..."

Took my docs and cleared the premises . :D

Happy end for now...

Good luck to all!!!

wasim_n

Post by wasim_n » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:06 am

Can you confirm the documents you submitted, in factual when was your visa expiring ??

Finally, congrats mate :)

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Docs:

-Payslips (Online payroll -signed & stamped)
-Bank Sts
-Savings acc bank sts
-Degree (for their convenience only)
-Application

Nothing else!

current visa- Nov 2011
new- June 2013

so 2 years from the date of the decision.

Hope it helps.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:01 am

congerts imprezasti, thats really quick :)

just want to confirm if pay slips MUST sign and stamped ? any idea ?

regards
Kash

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:36 am

Yep, in case ure getting them online. If they are prpper ones on official stationary then that's not needed.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks for your kind reply,
My payslips are online and unfortunately our company does not have stamp. Though I my HR gave me a letter confirming that attached salary slips r original etc , is that fine ?
Kash

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Cant tell without seeing them... I would also get them sign them & also mention that they do not have a stamp. That should do it. Also you could ask them to print them out on your company's letterheaded paper.

oraja_kumar
Newly Registered

Post by oraja_kumar » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:00 pm

your visa was expiring on nov 2011 and now you have got it extended till june 2013

that means for 5 Year ILR criteria - you would have to again apply visa extension in May 2013 for few months to Total up 5 years ?

rgds

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:30 am

Yep- id rather do this then having to put up with the risks of applying at the very end of the granted period of leave...

mah

Post by mah » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi Imprezasti,
Congratulations. It is an impressive speed. Please May I know
1. Was it easy to get the appointment time?
2. How many points did you need for extention?
3. How many points will you need for the second extention in June 2013?
4. How many points will you need for ILR in Nov 2013?
Thanks
Mah

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:06 am

1. Easy, first time i logged in, but i went for cardiff despite living in london.
2. Whatever the nr of points necessary for under 27 yo under the rules in place in 2008
3 & 4. Will need to obviousoy score the same as above or more (unless the start fiddling with the rules again!)

Hope this helps.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:12 pm

imprezasti wrote:1. Easy, first time i logged in, but i went for cardiff despite living in london.
2. Whatever the nr of points necessary for under 27 yo under the rules in place in 2008
3 & 4. Will need to obviousoy score the same as above or more (unless the start fiddling with the rules again!)

Hope this helps.
Hello Mate,

Could you also please help me with few doubts I have for my extension application?

I am on Tier 1 in UK since March 2009 (planning to apply in jan or feb 2012), currently running my own IT company with one partner. Questions I have are:

1. As we are a startup company we do not have anything a like a stamp for our company yet, do you think a signed letter from the other director would do the job for payslips authenticity?

2. Now you mentioned that you applied early so to avoid hassle of last minute run around. If I understand this correctly, we will have to go through the same process (maintaining funds etc) to get the extension before we can apply for the ILR as there will be a gap?

3. Not sure whether your situation is similar to mine as far as number of dependents are concerned, I have 2 dependents (wife + kid) and to my understanding, I have to maintain at least £ 1833 (total amount for all of us) in my bank account for the maintenance fund (total of 3 months). Is that correct?

4. My wife shares my current bank account with me, is that an issue? My salary is deposited in this account, every month.

5. Can I use current account to show maintenance fund or shall I use my savings account?

Sorry for all the questions, any advise would be great.
Jedi001

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Ext- Approved (and in record time!:-))

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:05 pm

imprezasti wrote:Hi all,

Just got back from Cardiff from my PEO app.

What a pleasant experience that was- none of the chaps ever asked a single question, just looked at the docs briefly and sent me to kill off some time while they do all they needed to do. They mentioned that they might need 2 to 4 hours...
With that in mind I thought I'd go for a quick spin around some mountainous Welsh B-roads :lol: ... But that intention was rudely interrupted (after just 20 minutes after i'd left) by a call from some bloke (who sounded like he was still half asleep) asking if I would mind going back to the office to collect my docs!

Needless to say, (with a sense of mild dissapointment at the fact that the B-roads would have to wait!!) I turned the car round and headed back to Cardiff..

The only question I had all day came at the end:

"Any particular reason why you decided to apply early for your extension- you know you will end up with a gap..?"

Me: "Honestly- I dont want to become one of those unfortunate souls, who try to drag it till the very end, then realise that no PEOs are (ever) available, having to post their apps and then spending weeks past expiry of their leave breaking their foreheads praying for their extension to be granted!"

Them:"Yep, we understand..."

Took my docs and cleared the premises . :D

Happy end for now...

Good luck to all!!!

If you did some research you would have found you could have hired an immigration solicitor(plenty of them) for about £400 they would have got you an appointment in the last 2 weeks before you visa expiry. Some solicitors will actually ONLY take bookings in last week or two. They don't use the online PEO booking system that we use. An extension will cost more money, as well if you still have a job you should use this to your advantage. When you reapply you will have to meet all the criteria again.

Advantage of PEO is that you can apply very close to the end, if they reject for some reason you can reapply by post still as a backup before your visa expires.

Anyways I would have still gone on the B-roads and just made them wait to give you back you docs....
Keep it simple!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:41 pm

B-Roads can only be enjoyed on a 2 wheeled vehicle. You could have borrowed my ninja :twisted: