ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Dependent enter UK (1st time)without the main Applicant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

winsome

Can Dependent enter UK (1st time)without the main Applicant

Post by winsome » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:06 am

Hi All,

My wife has recently got hsmp approval so i am going as a dependant . Is it possible that I i go alone to uk and my wife join me later after things are a bit settled. Also, do i need any workpermit to hunt jobs? Is there any downside to being a dependent as I have seen many pple looking to change the status to HSMP from a dependent....
Any information would be highly appreciated...

Thanks,
winsome

winsome

Post by winsome » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:39 am

Hi Moderators/Senior members...

I am anxiously waiting for the reply....

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:23 am

I don't think there is any problem for the dependent to enter first as he/she has a seperate visa but i would suggest that the primary applicant should also soon enter the country and stay there for a log time before filing an extension. after all when you would be filing an extension it's her application and her earnings during the year which matters although the dependent's earning is equally important.
If you want to come first it should be ok but then don’t delay ur wife’s trip too much as she also require time to look for a job and if she comes late and is unable to find job it could be a problem for both of you.

winsome

Post by winsome » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:19 am

Thanks Ashekt ... That sounds encouraging.. Actually i want my wife to come only 15 days after myself. ALSO some pple I know have suggested that I canot enter before her.....

Regards,
Winsome

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:02 am

winsome wrote:Thanks Ashekt ... That sounds encouraging.. Actually i want my wife to come only 15 days after myself. ALSO some pple I know have suggested that I canot enter before her.....

Regards,
Winsome
If it's a matter of 15 days only then why take the risk??

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:39 pm

There is no risk if somebody enters 15 days late so just come here and give your best to succeed....all the best!!!

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:46 pm

Ashekt wrote:There is no risk if somebody enters 15 days late so just come here and give your best to succeed....all the best!!!
are you 100% sure ?? do you know if somebody has done a similar thing?

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:50 pm

there is nothing to be doubtful about...these are one off instances and there is no hard and fast rule for extension which everybody knows and all what matters under extension is ur earnings and ur proper stay in UK…so 15 days will not make any major difference....

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:10 pm

Ashekt wrote:there is nothing to be doubtful about...these are one off instances and there is no hard and fast rule for extension which everybody knows and all what matters under extension is ur earnings and ur proper stay in UK…so 15 days will not make any major difference....
I don't see any discussion about extension out here...

But is the dependant allowed to travel first before the main applicant, the first time he/she enters the UK...

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:24 pm

Dependent visas are issued on the basis of accompanying to the UK or joining the primary visa applicant in the UK. The Immigration Officer can thus deny entry where the dependent precedes the primary applicant and would be within their right to do so. At worst the visa can be cancelled if there are any concerns about a change in the dependent's circumstances such as the continued subsistence of the claimed/ stated relationship.