ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST ON HO- CASE WORKER ALLOTMENT

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adkal2011
Newly Registered

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST ON HO- CASE WORKER ALLOTMENT

Post by adkal2011 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi Guys,
Good Morning. It is quite obvious that some naturalisation applications are
jumping the queue to be alloted to the case worker for some hidden
reasons. Case worker allotment doesn't seems to be a fair
process.Some applicants from May 2011 got approvals where as some
applicants from late Feb, March and April 11 are waiting to be
alloted to a case worker for more than 2-3 months.There is no
genuine queue as such.
Case worker allotment seems to be very random, choosy and unfair.
please follow the link to post your annotations
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-180584
cheers
Sian

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Not trying to defend the HO here but I believe there are several checks which are conducted by the HO (or an external agency) before the case is passed to a case worker. I suspect that the time it takes to finish those checks (credit check, criminal record check etc.) is the main difference between applications.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Jambo wrote:Not trying to defend the HO here but I believe there are several checks which are conducted by the HO (or an external agency) before the case is passed to a case worker. I suspect that the time it takes to finish those checks (credit check, criminal record check etc.) is the main difference between applications.
I think all the chekcs are done after allotment of the case to a caseworker and NOT before!!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Not according to this post and this one.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Jambo- I've called yesterday to inquire about travelling whilst they consider my application and was told that there was no initial checks done on my application. I've called three times the past 9 weeks and was told something different every time :shock:

Its difficult not to moan when Having to travel for business and wait on the HO to randomly make up their mind. My ILR took 45 minutes to process and to be stamped on my passport when applied in person, whilst it took my colleague 7 month when he applied by post. This proves that the actual work and checks needed to be done can be accomplished within the hour but its just the massive pile of applications with not enough staff to process them. I feel for the HO officers as they must feel pressured 24/7 at no fault of their own.

When I order my £15 Dominos pizza online, I am able to track if its being prepared, baked or in transit to my house. On the other hand, I have no clue about my £900 citizen application- which is clearly much more important and expensive. Awaiting for 3 months to hear a reply with no indications or regular updates what so ever is unfair and very stressful. We have the right to know what is the process and why arent the HO taking any tangible actions to reduce the waiting times? I appreciate that obtaining a citizenship is a privilege, and I am honored to belong to this country-my wife and children are Brits.

What Security checks takes so long? Am sure pigeons are obsolete at this modern age. Have they not got internet to communicate with other government bodies? I think this whole security checks is a scapegoat to cover up for the insufficient number of staff to process the heaps of application. The HO seems to be good at rolling out new fees and applying it within days but fails to deal with the after math of that. Looking at applications form January, 5 weeks from submitting application to receiving passport! What has severely changed since then? I am our applications are still going through the same general process.

I am happy to pay double of what I've paid and get that decision made within days. Otherwise, the HO should allow people to apply 2 months prior to eligibility date so when the time comes the HO will have all their boxes ticked and process the application on time for the applicants. So if you're due it in Feb 2011, you get it in Feb 2011 not in July!

Rant Over.

Sam

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:34 pm

I agree with every ward Sam mentioned above. This is my story:

I have applied for BC the very early of January 2011. Tomorrow is first of July. Means waiting for 6 months. I called the HO couple of days ago for the first time and asked for an update on my application. Lady checked the reference number, and told me that my application has not been allocated to any case worker YET. Means no check has been done so far....AFTER 6 months waiting. So, here we go. For those people might ask if I have any criminal record, the answer is NO. I even do not drive so I do not get fined...just because I am waiting for BC approval. For those who might...even might ask if I am on social benefits....the answer is again NO...I work as a doctor, saved many lives and paid lot and lots of tax. But then, what can we do apart from waiting...you tell me.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:06 pm

wow karwan. If that was me i would be pissed. My application is with the HO since first days of May. I dont understand why has it taken so long. I heard some countries passport go through extra checks. Other than that, I dont see any reason why we should wait this long. [/list]