ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error msg when booking appointment for BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HKDK

Error msg when booking appointment for BRP

Post by HKDK » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi,

I have applied for dependant visa for my child and this morning I received a letter to BRP. When I go this (https://ukbabooking.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukba/index.start) as mentioned in the letter and enter all the details correctly it gives the error message saying "The combination of reference number and birth date is incorrect. Please amend your entry".

I checked the details couple of time but everytime it comes back with the same error message. Can any one please advice the way forward.

I tried calling at the customer service number mentioned but it will open on Monday.

Your response would be highly appreciated

Jacob123

Re: Error msg when booking appointment for BRP

Post by Jacob123 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:28 pm

I had faced the same problem. Sometimes it takes couple of days for details to be updated in the website. What I did was to call at the number given for biometric appointment and booked it . Calling at the number is very painful as most of the time it will be busy. But I kept trying......... What I realised is that in general between 1-3 PM the chances of getting the line is higher.

Cheers,
Jacob.
HKDK wrote:Hi,

I have applied for dependant visa for my child and this morning I received a letter to BRP. When I go this (https://ukbabooking.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukba/index.start) as mentioned in the letter and enter all the details correctly it gives the error message saying "The combination of reference number and birth date is incorrect. Please amend your entry".

I checked the details couple of time but everytime it comes back with the same error message. Can any one please advice the way forward.

I tried calling at the customer service number mentioned but it will open on Monday.

Your response would be highly appreciated

HKDK

Post by HKDK » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks a lot Jacob,

Can we get the appointment date of within a week or is it so busy that the earliest possible date is after a week or two.

As you said I will give them a call on Monday and will book an appointment.

Kind Regards

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:10 am

It depends on the rush. If you have take take only for one person than chances of getting in a week or two is higher but if it is for a family then the chances are lower.

Give it a try. Do your homework abt the location that suits you. In London you have Elephant and Castle location and Croydon also works. So try in both and se where you are getting earlier appointment. If you are outside London and a different location suits you then try in that location.

Good Luck!
Jacob.
HKDK wrote:Thanks a lot Jacob,

Can we get the appointment date of within a week or is it so busy that the earliest possible date is after a week or two.

As you said I will give them a call on Monday and will book an appointment.

Kind Regards