ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ash210

Need help with ILR application

Post by ash210 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Hello Everyone,

1)I m applying for my ILR on july 25th but just to confirm if thats the right date, i entered uk with a work permit on 22nd august 2006, and my understanding is i can apply before 28 days which takes me to july 24th 2011, and that being a sunday i am going on monday ( can i go on friday instead i,e 22/07/2011??)

2)Tthe application is for me(main applicant), my wife and 2 kids both born in India- do i use SET(O) for all of us?

3) I am trying to book an online appointment at sheiffeld but when i am trying to add my family members onto my booking it says the member already exists, do i have to register all of them and get the refrence numbers for all of us and then only i can add them to my booking?

4) any suggestions as to where i should go sollihul or sheiffeld as both are at the same distance to where i live.

The forum was of great help when i applied for my Tier-1 last year and i hope seniors and mods will guide me this time as well.

Kind Regards

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:25 am

1)I m applying for my ILR on july 25th but just to confirm if thats the right date, i entered uk with a work permit on 22nd august 2006, and my understanding is i can apply before 28 days which takes me to july 24th 2011, and that being a sunday i am going on monday ( can i go on friday instead i,e 22/07/2011??)
25/7 and later is right
2)Tthe application is for me(main applicant), my wife and 2 kids both born in India- do i use SET(O) for all of us?
Yes
3) I am trying to book an online appointment at sheiffeld but when i am trying to add my family members onto my booking it says the member already exists, do i have to register all of them and get the refrence numbers for all of us and then only i can add them to my booking?
Yes
4) any suggestions as to where i should go sollihul or sheiffeld as both are at the same distance to where i live.
It's your call

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:31 pm

thanks gidoc for ur quick reply,
i have booked my appointment for 25th july 2011 after registering all the family members and printed off the confirmation sheet (just one page)
but its asking me to bring the dependents along, i have been reading on the forum that its not required, can someone shed some light on this please?
thanks and regards[/quote]

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 am

ash210 wrote:thanks gidoc for ur quick reply,
i have booked my appointment for 25th july 2011 after registering all the family members and printed off the confirmation sheet (just one page)
but its asking me to bring the dependents along, i have been reading on the forum that its not required, can someone shed some light on this please?
thanks and regards
[/quote]

as you have already read multiple times, it is not mandatory to take dependants to appointment.