ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

okara87

Re: salaams

Post by okara87 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:10 pm

FaithHill wrote:
amson90 wrote:salaams it was the wife who was sponsoring her husband they applied from mirpur. dot worry inshallah you will get it . its really weird coz me n my husband were talking about it the day before i was like your mate will get a reply soon inshallah and only to find out that they txt him saying collect your passport. forget the couple beding happy me and my husband were so happy for them ..... anyways take care :P
its been 7 weeks for me on thursady make dua plz
INSHALLAH Everyone on this board will soon get a good news! Do not worry. Hi @Shadow@ how r u. Congrats on getting the Pc working :)

hey, any news? update on ur visa app

amson90
Newly Registered

Post by amson90 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:54 pm

salaams there no reply as of yet. inshallah soon. just make dua inshallah

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:39 am

Sallam all,

hope all well. just to let you guys know wife is here now in the UK. they didn't ask her anything at the airport. They just asked me what do you in the UK - i said im working in investment banking. they stamped her passport and thats it.

good luck everyone
AliGG
XX

FaithHill

Re: salaams

Post by FaithHill » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:57 am

okara87 wrote:
FaithHill wrote:
amson90 wrote:salaams it was the wife who was sponsoring her husband they applied from mirpur. dot worry inshallah you will get it . its really weird coz me n my husband were talking about it the day before i was like your mate will get a reply soon inshallah and only to find out that they txt him saying collect your passport. forget the couple beding happy me and my husband were so happy for them ..... anyways take care :P
its been 7 weeks for me on thursady make dua plz
INSHALLAH Everyone on this board will soon get a good news! Do not worry. Hi @Shadow@ how r u. Congrats on getting the Pc working :)

hey, any news? update on ur visa app
Hi @ okara! No News yet. U tell whats up at your end? do update, as soon any of April applicants get the news... Very nervous..

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:01 am

AliGG wrote:Sallam all,

hope all well. just to let you guys know wife is here now in the UK. they didn't ask her anything at the airport. They just asked me what do you in the UK - i said im working in investment banking. they stamped her passport and thats it.

good luck everyone
AliGG
Thats kool. May be cause you were with your wife,thats why they didnt question much. Anyways, Congrats! BTW you got the wife's visa after exact 12 weeks right?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Sammad wrote:Information on sending someone back after visa has been issued?

I want to send my wife back and give her a divorce Pakistan, since I want to marry another woman in Pakistan. My current wife is just unhappy/sickly etc we just don't get along. However when she found out I want a divorce she say's she will not leave and wants to stay in the country. Seems like she was only after the visa.

In any case I have found someone from a better family to get married to. Any help would be appreciated.
So when a wife who leaves her parents and family and her country to come to a foreign land to live with her husband, she is is not exactly going to be overjoyed with excitement for the first few months while she settles down, is she now? Is that a reason for divorcing her?

Sounds like you want to send her back ,so you can marry another woman. Am I not right that you only got married last year?.

I think you should think carefully consider the implications , if you go down the line that you want to pursue. It is not easy just to divorce her and get married and bring the hew wife over. Furthermore you can not force her to go back to Pakistan . The only thing you can do is to wait till she has been here for 2yrs and then simply refuse to support her application for ILR.It will be up to UKBA to decide whether they give her permanent stay or deport her after her 2 yrs visa has expired.

In the meanwhile you should try to see if an amicable solution can be found to sort out your problems. There is always an answer to every solution, if you work hard at it. Talaq is the very last resort.

A word of advice to all newly married couples, the first three years of the marriage are the most difficult. It makes or breaks a marriage. Problem arise during this stage.So many divorces happen during this period within our community.

Your post is a good reminder to all those that when they get married and have put an application for their spouse and then write on this forum, how much they miss their loved one and cant wait to get them over to UK, that things like you have experienced is a possible reality and eye opener, that everything is not sweet and happiness.

I hope you can come to a suitable arrangeable and resolve your matter amicably without resorting to what you have in mind, because believe me divorce is not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

Good luck

fz158

Post by fz158 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:02 pm

saeraj wrote:
fz158 wrote:Shadow86 or anybody else who has submitted passport,

my wifes passport was submitted today and it says on the VFS tracking website "VAF printing completed on 24/06/2011".

Does anybody know what this means exactly?

Thanks
Zaki
zaki, VAF is gerrys. this update is the initial one that you ve submitted the docs to gerrys. soon u ll get the update that your application is dispateched to OC (overseas consulate i.e., abudhabi) then after few days (in my case 4 days) u ll get the update that ur application has been forwarded to embassy that means ur passport has been sent to islamabad for printing the stamp on it.
i know up to this point yet.
SAERAJ or Shadow86 brothers,

guys my wifes status changed today to "Your visa has been forwarded to the emabassy for processing on 26/04/2011"?

Does this defintely mean its going to be stamped any time soon and they will call her? Any rough time frame would be greatly appreciated if u have any info on what this exactly means.

By the way thanks for your help guys

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:21 pm

Sammad wrote:I want to send my wife back and give her a divorce Pakistan, since I want to marry another woman in Pakistan. My current wife is just unhappy/sickly etc we just don't get along. However when she found out I want a divorce she say's she will not leave and wants to stay in the country. Seems like she was only after the visa.
This post made my jaw drop open, didn't see this coming :shock:.

Not sure about what u mean with sickly.

Whilst I can see where Batley is coming from, if I can share a true story about my mum's friend's son. He is an amazing down to earth cool guy who would never do anybody wrong. He got married to a girl in Pak and she came over and stayed for some time - not sure if it was for over 2 years but after they both got a child, one night she took the baby boy and left the house. She had the audacity to put the blame on her in laws and husband for torturing her bla bla bla all bad things she said. Couple of years later she lets the kid come over to his dad's house to stay for a couple of days. Kid is about 4 years old right now. Whilst I cannot understand why she is doing this and what's going on in her head but it is true that some people get married to a British Citizen just for the visa.
Yes the "Love" is there before the person from Pak comes over but afterwards it's like as if he/she is using the British Citizen and then wham they come up with some crazy stuff.

For the curious ones, the guy who was wronged got married to someone from within family abroad now and he is happy alhamdulillah with his new partner.

So I guess it just goes to show that one must be EXTREMELY careful when marrying someone from abroad who is outside of family completely. Distant or close family (i.e. cousins) are least likely to do any wrong but hey its a dodgy world out there so you never know.

Sorry to hear about your situation Sammad. Hope it's just a misunderstanding and that all gets well. Divorce just doesn't exist in my dictionary but for those who need it, like Batley said, it should be a last resort as there are better methods to resolve issues - inshallah.

July is nearby so lets see if FaithHill and okara can get some news (okara, you awaiting for result in July, right? don't have ur details on the spreadsheet)
fz158 wrote:SAERAJ or Shadow86 brothers,

guys my wifes status changed today to "Your visa has been forwarded to the emabassy for processing on 26/04/2011"?

Does this defintely mean its going to be stamped any time soon and they will call her? Any rough time frame would be greatly appreciated if u have any info on what this exactly means.

Just saw ur message now Zaki, so that is great news, wait 26 as in today!!! u serious???? on a weekend!!!????? :shock: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways back to business, well it means that inshallah they will process ur wife's visa soon. This coming week inshallah and then send it back so that Gerry's can let your wife know its ready for collection sometime week commencing 4th July perhaps? If not then the following week. Your time is very close now, almost there Zaki :D.

Edit to update: Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Mine says the same thing!!!!!!!!!! :shock: NICEEEEEEEEE wow! Unbelivable! :shock: :D
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

fz158

Post by fz158 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
Sammad wrote:I want to send my wife back and give her a divorce Pakistan, since I want to marry another woman in Pakistan. My current wife is just unhappy/sickly etc we just don't get along. However when she found out I want a divorce she say's she will not leave and wants to stay in the country. Seems like she was only after the visa.
This post made my jaw drop open, didn't see this coming :shock:.

Not sure about what u mean with sickly.

Whilst I can see where Batley is coming from, if I can share a true story about my mum's friend's son. He is an amazing down to earth cool guy who would never do anybody wrong. He got married to a girl in Pak and she came over and stayed for some time - not sure if it was for over 2 years but after they both got a child, one night she took the baby boy and left the house. She had the audacity to put the blame on her in laws and husband for torturing her bla bla bla all bad things she said. Couple of years later she lets the kid come over to his dad's house to stay for a couple of days. Kid is about 4 years old right now. Whilst I cannot understand why she is doing this and what's going on in her head but it is true that some people get married to a British Citizen just for the visa.
Yes the "Love" is there before the person from Pak comes over but afterwards it's like as if he/she is using the British Citizen and then wham they come up with some crazy stuff.

For the curious ones, the guy who was wronged got married to someone from within family abroad now and he is happy alhamdulillah with his new partner.

So I guess it just goes to show that one must be EXTREMELY careful when marrying someone from abroad who is outside of family completely. Distant or close family (i.e. cousins) are least likely to do any wrong but hey its a dodgy world out there so you never know.

Sorry to hear about your situation Sammad. Hope it's just a misunderstanding and that all gets well. Divorce just doesn't exist in my dictionary but for those who need it, like Batley said, it should be a last resort as there are better methods to resolve issues - inshallah.

July is nearby so lets see if FaithHill and okara can get some news (okara, you awaiting for result in July, right? don't have ur details on the spreadsheet)
fz158 wrote:SAERAJ or Shadow86 brothers,

Just saw ur message now Zaki, so that is great news, wait 26 as in today!!! u serious???? on a weekend!!!????? :shock: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways back to business, well it means that inshallah they will process ur wife's visa soon. This coming week inshallah and then send it back so that Gerry's can let your wife know its ready for collection sometime week commencing 4th July perhaps? If not then the following week. Your time is very close now, almost there Zaki :D.

Edit to update: Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Mine says the same thing!!!!!!!!!! :shock: NICEEEEEEEEE wow! Unbelivable! :shock: :D
Sounds like our wives will be inshallaha arriving on same plane then together, lol

I am hoping it wont be too much longer now. Would be good to know exact time frame on after this, i.e. another 1 week, days, 2 weeks, etc.

Inshallaha soon :-)

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:03 am

fz158 wrote:Sounds like our wives will be inshallaha arriving on same plane then together, lol

I am hoping it wont be too much longer now. Would be good to know exact time frame on after this, i.e. another 1 week, days, 2 weeks, etc.

Could be on the same flight who knows :D.

I went to fco.gov.uk website and it seems British High Commission is in Islamabad and British Embassy is in Abu Dhabi. So with that said our wive's passport's must be in Abu Dhabi for sure.

I'll say if it took just 3 days for it to go from Forwarded to Islamabad OC to forwarded to Embassy then imagine how quick it can go to READY status. For what it's worth, Safia's husband got his passport back in just 10 days from submitting it. Not saying ours would be that quick but hey it's a possibility one cannot rule out :D.

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:18 am

@ fr158 and
@ shadow

i recieved the same update on 19th june that was sunday.
because visa section abu dhabi works, sunday to thursday, so no confusion should be there.

i have read somewhere that if your call letter is late then your visa stamps earlier. possible reason could be that they process by the reference number wise.

gerrys rep told me that this update means, your passport has been sent for printing the visa stamp. so fingures crossed.

best of luck

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:37 am

Shadow86 wrote:
fz158 wrote:Sounds like our wives will be inshallaha arriving on same plane then together, lol

Could be on the same flight who knows :D.

I went to fco.gov.uk website and it seems British High Commission is in Islamabad and British Embassy is in Abu Dhabi. So with that said our wive's passport's must be in Abu Dhabi for sure.

forwarded to Embassy then imagine how quick it can go to READY status. For what it's worth, Safia's husband got his passport back in just 10 days from submitting it. Not saying ours would be that quick but hey it's a possibility one cannot rule out :D.
yeah InshAllah hoping for something to happen within couple of weeks. I would really like to comment on the above topic u guys were discussing on. Firstly,it is VERY wrong to say that ppl marry for the CitizenShip. I dont agree. No one comes with a gaurantee of how well their marraige would last. And if such is the case, n God forbid someone's having problems in their relationship firstly they should try to negotiate n reconcile the issue. And give them time. If that also doesnt come out to be fruitful , n everything gets worse and worse with time,they can then decide whats best for both of them. Maybe the girl whose mentioned above. Wants to stay with the husband an resolve the things. Please consider this factor as well, before assuming that everyone comes for the citizenship. Which is not true in every case, maybe in some. Anyone from a good family background can not have "such" a thinking. My all prayers are with you, may Allah grant u with the ability to decide whats in the best interest of both of you .AMEEN!

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:53 am

@ saeraj

so i called Abu Dhabi Sunday morning @ 5am (lol)........spoke to a woman who told me to call back in 1 hour as this case is an Islamabad one & that person will be available in 1 hour...........

Call back after 1 hour & spoke to a helpful man who looked at our case & said that they are still waiting for official confirmation of the determination, I told him that POU sent it to them 10/6/11 he said that they post it & takes time to route to them, he said that my email address was on the case notes (he read it out & was the right one, I was amazed, lol) & he assured me that as soon as they receieve official determination then they will issue call letter same day.........he also said that this process usually takes best of 6 weeks.............

It's been 5 weeks since I've received official determination so 1 more to go.............

Think I have to wait now.........what do you think saeraj?

Any advice?

Thanks

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:08 am

AliGG wrote:Sallam all,

good luck everyone
AliGG
Congratulations AliGG, when you came with your wife did you stand in the Pakistani passport queue with her?
Shadow86 wrote: July is nearby so lets see if FaithHill and okara can get some news (okara, you awaiting for result in July, right? don't have ur details on the spreadsheet)
Hi Shadow86,
I'm also an April applicant and waiting to get some news in July! please can you add me to the spreadsheet too, my details are as follows:

Submitted: 15/04/11
Forwarded to BHC: 03/05/2011
VAC: Mirpur

Thanks.

wassap

Post by wassap » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 am

Another word of advice......get to know ur future wife/husband before marriage and spend some time with them afterwoods,the amount of peeps that seem to come back a few days or a week after marriage just staggers me.right after marriage is where the solid foundation is constructed for a long happy marriage!

Marriage is hard work, you have to be prepared to give more than u take.
batleykhan wrote:

I want to send my wife back and give her a divorce Pakistan, since I want to marry another woman in Pakistan. My current wife is just unhappy/sickly etc we just don't get along. However when she found out I want a divorce she say's she will not leave and wants to stay in the country. Seems like she was only after the visa.

In any case I have found someone from a better family to get married to. Any help would be appreciated.
So when a wife who leaves her parents and family and her country to come to a foreign land to live with her husband, she is is not exactly going to be overjoyed with excitement for the first few months while she settles down, is she now? Is that a reason for divorcing her?

Sounds like you want to send her back ,so you can marry another woman. Am I not right that you only got married last year?.

I think you should think carefully consider the implications , if you go down the line that you want to pursue. It is not easy just to divorce her and get married and bring the hew wife over. Furthermore you can not force her to go back to Pakistan . The only thing you can do is to wait till she has been here for 2yrs and then simply refuse to support her application for ILR.It will be up to UKBA to decide whether they give her permanent stay or deport her after her 2 yrs visa has expired.

In the meanwhile you should try to see if an amicable solution can be found to sort out your problems. There is always an answer to every solution, if you work hard at it. Talaq is the very last resort.

A word of advice to all newly married couples, the first three years of the marriage are the most difficult. It makes or breaks a marriage. Problem arise during this stage.So many divorces happen during this period within our community.

Your post is a good reminder to all those that when they get married and have put an application for their spouse and then write on this forum, how much they miss their loved one and cant wait to get them over to UK, that things like you have experienced is a possible reality and eye opener, that everything is not sweet and happiness.

I hope you can come to a suitable arrangeable and resolve your matter amicably without resorting to what you have in mind, because believe me divorce is not a nice thing to happen to anyone.

Good luck

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:18 am

batleykhan wrote:

he

Good luck
If the same thing someone do with yours own sister then how you would feel.

What if yours second wife ran away with other guy after visa.

Where you would stand then?

Shahzad

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 am

CRT7 wrote:@ saeraj

so i called Abu Dhabi Sunday morning @ 5am (lol)........spoke to a woman who told me to call back in 1 hour as this case is an Islamabad one & that person will be available in 1 hour...........

Call back after 1 hour & spoke to a helpful man who looked at our case & said that they are still waiting for official confirmation of the determination, I told him that POU sent it to them 10/6/11 he said that they post it & takes time to route to them, he said that my email address was on the case notes (he read it out & was the right one, I was amazed, lol) & he assured me that as soon as they receieve official determination then they will issue call letter same day.........he also said that this process usually takes best of 6 weeks.............

It's been 5 weeks since I've received official determination so 1 more to go.............

Think I have to wait now.........what do you think saeraj?

Any advice?

Thanks
normally POU sends an email (as POU told me)
i ll suggest you to call POU and request them to send the official determination copy to abu dhabi again. (tell POU that visa section didnt recieve any copy)
if you can confirm POU later on that they have sent the email again.

and then call Abudhabi and ask them to confirm that they have recieved the official copy.

otherwise wait and it could be longer than 6 weeks as the UKBA website has mentioned a 12 weeks process time to get call letter.

best of luck

fz158

Post by fz158 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:37 am

Shadow/Saeraj brothers,

does the visa get stamped in Abu Dhabi or do they send it back to Islamabad for it to be stamped?

Also Saeraj if yours was being processed at the Embassy last week, then Inshallaha it should "touch wood" be ready for collection this week potentially?

I cant wait any longerrrrrr :-)

Zaki

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:20 am

I have faxed Birmingham POU & requested them to send it again.......

Maybe diff POU's work differently, maybe urs email them but Birm posted it???

I will wait until next week & call Abu Dhabi again...........as much as I hate to say it, I might have to wait longer.......even my 6 weeks arent up yet.......

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 am

CRT7 wrote:I have faxed Birmingham POU & requested them to send it again.......

Maybe diff POU's work differently, maybe urs email them but Birm posted it???

I will wait until next week & call Abu Dhabi again...........as much as I hate to say it, I might have to wait longer.......even my 6 weeks arent up yet.......
What you written in letter to POU?

Shahzad

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:58 am

Last edited by shahzad80 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:15 pm

@zaki

bhai, i asked gerrys rep abt it. lady told me tht passport remains in the country. abudhabi visa section verifies the application and then they send the passport to british embassy for stamping visa. m not sure how authentic is this info.

@CRT7

sis, u might be right. actually i did wait for 19 weeks for the call letter, all the times i email them or called them they told me the same that they have nt recieved official copy. i hope it wont happen to you. best of luck

fz158

Post by fz158 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:32 pm

saeraj wrote:@zaki

bhai, i asked gerrys rep abt it. lady told me tht passport remains in the country. abudhabi visa section verifies the application and then they send the passport to british embassy for stamping visa. m not sure how authentic is this info.

@CRT7

sis, u might be right. actually i did wait for 19 weeks for the call letter, all the times i email them or called them they told me the same that they have nt recieved official copy. i hope it wont happen to you. best of luck
Thanks Saeraj bhai,

so it sounds like that Abu Dhabi "ok" the application and then passport is stamped at Islamabad who currently probably have my wifes passport at this moment in time, and then in my case the passport is delivered back to gerrys Lahore where my wife will collect from.

So hopefully inshallaha only one more week and then following week should be the good news inshallaha to collect :-)

This is going to be the longest 1-2 weeks ever!

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Saeraj, inshallah I hope u receive your passport this week :)

I would imagine that only the TB certificate, call letter and copy of sponsor's passport are sent over to Abu Dhabi for their final verification purposes.

I would have to say that counting the weeks may only cause a potential delay. Nothing good comes out of counting the days towards something. I used to do it long time ago and it never got me my results. Now I don't do it and am much happier. Isn't waking up one day after having your wife buzzing your phone to the max only to find out that the passport has returned an awesome feeling of pure adrenaline rush and excitement? :D As we have to wait anyways, why not wait like before :)

Sun-Thu as a working pattern!??? Interesting......

Missy_22, added you to the SS :)

Update: I have added passport submitted and passport returned fields in the 'Appeals' tab of the spreadsheet so that future appellants can get an idea of how long it can take for passport to be returned. So just filling in a gray area. Zaki if you could please let me know what date u received call letter and when u submitted passport so that I can add that to the list.
Last edited by Shadow86 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missy_22

Post by Missy_22 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
Missy_22, added you to the SS :)
:mrgreen: