ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on Student Visa after graduating

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chika
Newly Registered

Travelling on Student Visa after graduating

Post by chika » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:07 am

Hi

I am planning to travel on my student visa after my graduation. My student will visa expire in October but I will be back in September and planning to apply for PSW. I already have a job which is starting a day after my arrival date.

I have heard that they can refuse entry even though I have a valid visa because I have already graduated and now I have different purpose of entring the Uk. I was wondering if anyone of you have had recent experience in the similar situation. Can you please let me know What did they ask at the immigration? Is it okay for me to travel ?

Thanks in advance for support :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:16 am

See also here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:43 am

Hey,

Thanks for the Link mate. However, I have heard in a lot of occasions they let people in without any problems.

Have you heard anyone being refused by entry clearance officer or someone who has been allowed in after their graduation ceremony?

Do you think it should work, if I do not mention work and just say that I had to leave the country urgently and had to come back to sort things out? would that work?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:50 am

Plenty of people re enter without difficulties but others have been refused entry even to attend their graduation. You can apply for psw as soon as you have been awarded your degree which is before your graduation as long as you meet the maintenance requirements. Why not apply for psw before you travel to avoid this problem?

chika
Newly Registered

Post by chika » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks Guys

I don't meet maintenance requirement and I spoke to someone in immigration office at the Heathrow airport they said you would be refused entry so basically I am not travelling.