ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help please if some can ....

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hunjra
Ireland

Post by hunjra » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:04 pm

i am living in spain with my wife , she is from Lithuania .i am non-Eu national . i had appliy my residency card in spain under Eu treaty rights .but about 2 years i am in waiting list still no any answer from them ....when i applied for residency card they issu mein on letter that i had applied for residency card and i can ligally work in spain..but i want to go Lithunian with wife but i dont have residency card now, i dont have visa for scengen countries and other. can i able to apply in LT ambassy or i have to out all schengen area ????

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:29 pm

Lithuania became member of the Schengen area on 21 December 2007
you don't need a visa to travel internal within Schengen.

However you never know, if you are stopped and checked for some reason,
e.g. traffic police you will need proof that you are a legal resident of Spain,
and married to EU National.

Your suppose to get the resident card within 6 months(max)
after application, you really need to push it, no card after
2 years waiting is very strange

Schengen states are in dark blue

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: I need help please if some can ....

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:09 pm

hunjra wrote:i am living in spain with my wife , she is from Lithuania .i am non-Eu national . i had appliy my residency card in spain under Eu treaty rights .but about 2 years i am in waiting list still no any answer from them ....when i applied for residency card they issu mein on letter that i had applied for residency card and i can ligally work in spain..but i want to go Lithunian with wife but i dont have residency card now, i dont have visa for scengen countries and other. can i able to apply in LT ambassy or i have to out all schengen area ????
About the Residence Card, you should immediately contact Solvit. It is a free service run by the EU. You can communicate with them in any of the EU languages. 6 months is the MAXIMUM the Residence Card should take.

Do you want to visit Litunania with your wife, or move there? Either is possible and should be very easy!

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:38 pm

The reason why it takes too long is simply because they are suspecting almost every such marriage to be bogus.
i have two options for you. 1 is there any kid for you by your Eu spouse? if yes just take your wife, kids and go to the officina de Extrajero where you submitted your application and ask for their manager then let your wife ask why your application takes so long? they may tell you they are investigating your marriage and your file has been tranfered to the immigration police to do the check, let your wife tell them with confidence that she want to see those police otherwise she is not going anywhere.
2. You can try Lithuanian Embassy for schengen visa that you are moving to Lithuania with your wife, or apply for the lithuanian resident card from the embassy if you can supply some documents they need but if you are very lucky they may give you the visa.
You can ask me anything else you may want to know. Good luck

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:52 am

Even if they suspect him of having a marriage of convenience, of being a national security risk, and having bad breath, it is still wrong and ILLEGAL to take more than 6 months. They can reject him or accept him, but they have to do it within 6 months!

You should DEFINITELY involve Solvit. And if that does not work, the contact the European Commission directly.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:16 pm

Everybody knows it s illegal for them to do that but they dont care, indirectly they want the OP to proof and convince them the marriage is genuine, hundreds of people are in that situation, he need to take his wife there and make some noise otherwise they will be kept in the darkness for as long as they want.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 pm

They do not care and will not care unless somebody challenges them.

Complaining to the European Commission is an important step. Solvit can help. Taking the wife there is also a good option, but will not help to correct the more systematic problems.

Kick up enough noise and fuss and they will notice and move their buts!

hunjra
Ireland

Post by hunjra » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:09 pm

First of all i would like to say all lot lot of thanks that you Gave me lot of information ...2endly
i have applied in Lithuanian ambassy for schengen visa now :) about one year i was going there and they never lisent me what i want ? they always said to me that take this dument take other ducoment ...atlast i went there with my wife and they she taked with them clear they why why u playing game never telling one time what docoment need to submit for visa ...Atlast they lisen us and gave us visa application form ..and ask for requements i submit everything what they have asked ..so i hope tell monday i will get answer for good news :) but never now what will be the ammbasy decision now .will see after two three days . other wise i am thinking to go out schengen area and they will apply in LT ambassy and get visa and come back in schengen area but will never go to spain again :(
llll