ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information regarding FLR (M) application....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sicknote
Newly Registered

Information regarding FLR (M) application....

Post by sicknote » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi,

I am getting married over the summer to my Ethiopian girlfriend and will be applying for the FLR (M). She has been in the UK for 4 years and is currently on a Tier 1 visa.

I am currently a full time mature student (not earning) and my partner works part-time earning around £600 per month. She has savings of around 18k and no debt.

Would I need to provide details of my savings and investments or would her wages and savings be enough for her to apply successfully?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:42 pm

Who intends to apply for leave using FLR(M) - you? or your girlfriend?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sicknote
Newly Registered

Post by sicknote » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Sorry about the unclear post.

It's my girlfriend who is applying for leave. I'm a UK citizen.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:37 pm

When you say savings of 18k. How long has she had the money. Home office is concerned about who will look after her during her stay as your spouse. If you want to rely on the 18k savings then ensure its not one bulk of cash payment made a month ago. They normally like to see money coming in and going out and they are suspicious with large sums of money bulked up into an account for visa purposes. You can rely on third party support too to strengthen your case since your not working. Your or her relatives might be able to show such support?

sicknote
Newly Registered

Post by sicknote » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:03 pm

She has had the money in her account since last year. Basically she has saved her wages for the last few years.

I'm trying to establish how much money she would need to have without me needing to provide assistance.

Although I am not currently working I have a decent investment portfolio but wanted to avoid using this as proof of being able to support us.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:29 am

I reckon the 18k saving will be enough to show she will rely on that money and the £600 coming in to support herself. Who pays for the rent? Bills and council tax?

sicknote
Newly Registered

Post by sicknote » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I pay all the bills and living costs.

Will I still be required to provide proof of bills and rent agreements? As the process is totally alien to me, would I be better hiring someone to do the application for me?

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:34 am

If you can show that the bills are being paid by you and you can include a rent book or a tenancy agreement with your application to prove that the living together side of things are taken care of. She will need to get a letter from her employer to show she is in employment along with last 3 months banks statements and payslips, if you have been living together then you need to include letters in your name and hers coming to the same address, pictures together or while you were with friends and family etc. If your recently married then receipts for reception and of course your marriage certificate. this list is not exhaustive but the idea is to include as much evidence of contact and relationship as possible to show its a genuine relationship and all the finances you can possibly show to ensure she will be looked after and that the public funds will not be relied on.

With the legal advice, This is your choice. If you have some extra cash then you can instruct one. For me my solicitor gave me peace of mind although majority of the applicants dont go with a solicitor unless the case is complex and not very straight forward.

Hope this helps

sicknote
Newly Registered

Post by sicknote » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:26 am

Thanks for the information njoy, you have been very helpful.