ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

code of practice SOC in employer's letter for WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monsoon
Newly Registered

code of practice SOC in employer's letter for WP

Post by monsoon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 am

hi! i am a work permit holder for 5 years and due for ILR tom at PEO. i have seen in the posts here that the employer's letter should also indicate the SOC code etc. for code of practice for tier 2 sponsors.

someone posted that this applies not only to tier 2 but to work permit holders as well.

our HR said that the letter i have from them is enough and if that SOC code of practice does not apply to us because it's only for work permit holders.

my questions are: do i really have to have the SOC code of practice (the job code and that i am earning at or above the rate) included in my employer's letter? if yes, what should i tell the HR to change her mind?

thanks in advance!

smaganti

Re: code of practice SOC in employer's letter for WP

Post by smaganti » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 am

monsoon wrote:hi! i am a work permit holder for 5 years and due for ILR tom at PEO. i have seen in the posts here that the employer's letter should also indicate the SOC code etc. for code of practice for tier 2 sponsors.

someone posted that this applies not only to tier 2 but to work permit holders as well.

our HR said that the letter i have from them is enough and if that SOC code of practice does not apply to us because it's only for work permit holders.

my questions are: do i really have to have the SOC code of practice (the job code and that i am earning at or above the rate) included in my employer's letter? if yes, what should i tell the HR to change her mind?

thanks in advance!

For the workpermit holders as well you need to specify the SOC code of practice in the Employer letter.Just show the application form to the HR and it clearly states that in the letter,employer has to confirm the salary you're getting should be same or more than code of practice for Tier 2 for specified job title

monsoon
Newly Registered

Post by monsoon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:54 am

thank you so much smaganti!

i will be going to the HR right now. will be showing her Section 10B in the application form where it clearly says so.

thanks again.

riojamel

hi moonson

Post by riojamel » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 pm

so r u getting letter from ur employer regarding codes of practise,do u think does it apply on work permit holders too?
is ur salary same as codes of practise?

when do u have appointment booked at peo?

monsoon
Newly Registered

Post by monsoon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:40 am

i requested our HR to print me a copy of employer's letter indicating that my salary is at or above the rate according to the code of practice for tier 2 sponsors. she still can't believe that it's needed but i told her i'll use the letter only as a back up. she said my salary is above the rate and that she could not include the specific code because i am on old work permit.

i will be applying at PEO this lunch time! wish me luck!

genious

Post by genious » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:38 am

Hi,

have you got ILR. if you can post your experiance it will be very helpful to others.

thanks,

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:18 am

monsoon wrote:i requested our HR to print me a copy of employer's letter indicating that my salary is at or above the rate according to the code of practice for tier 2 sponsors. she still can't believe that it's needed but i told her i'll use the letter only as a back up. she said my salary is above the rate and that she could not include the specific code because i am on old work permit.

i will be applying at PEO this lunch time! wish me luck!
All the best with your application and please post your experience

monsoon
Newly Registered

Post by monsoon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:20 am

hi...sorry if i haven't posted my experience yet. i'll be posting it in detail tomorrow around 10pm.

im already granted ILR, thanks to everyone's help here.

they considered my case as straightforward, even with the following issues:
> old work permit - employer's letter doesn't indicate SOC code etc. (but i have a backup letter just in case they question it)
> my UK absences are more than 190 including departure and arrival - so it just means that they exclude the departure and arrival in calculating

PEO Sheffield at 130pm last 24.06.11 - small PEO so everyone can hear each other's interviews. everything processed in 2 hours :)

feel free to ask me but ill be posting the whole interview tom after work. good night!

preddy
Newly Registered

Post by preddy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi,

Could you please tell us what documents you have submitted.

Thanks,
Prakash

riojamel

hi monsoon

Post by riojamel » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:47 pm

ho u doing
PLEASE REPLY MATE
DID U MENTION CODES OF PRACTICE IN UR EMPLOYER LETTER?
THANKS

monsoon
Newly Registered

Post by monsoon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:19 pm

preddy wrote:Hi,

Could you please tell us what documents you have submitted.

Thanks,
Prakash
hi :)

the person in charge of checking my docs (not my assigned caseworker) checked if i have properly completed the right form. he then asked for my passport which he verified my name and then asked for all my supporting documents (not even enumerating it) so i gave him the following:
> latest 3 payslips
> latest 3 bank statements
> LITUK notification letter
> employer's letter indicating my start date, current annual salary, job title and that they still need me and that it would help if i be granted an ILR and that they are waiting for it

hope this helps :) good luck!

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 pm

What documents did you submit to the caseworker? The same documents you submitted to the person who checked your documents?

monsoon
Newly Registered

Re: hi monsoon

Post by monsoon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:53 pm

riojamel wrote:ho u doing
PLEASE REPLY MATE
DID U MENTION CODES OF PRACTICE IN UR EMPLOYER LETTER?
THANKS
hi :)

i have 2 employer's letter, one with and one without. my plan was to pass the letter without the code initially and if they question it then i will be showing them the letter with the code of practice.

but they didn't question the one that i gave them. although it already includes my job title and annual salary etc. without any mention of the SOC code and code of practice.

i'm not sure if it just happens that the caseworker who dealt my docs was not particular with the SOC code.

so if i were you, bring both.

hope this helps. good luck :)

monsoon
Newly Registered

Post by monsoon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 pm

smaganti wrote:What documents did you submit to the caseworker? The same documents you submitted to the person who checked your documents?
hi smaganti :)

the one who checked my documents placed them all in a clear plastic envelope with the payment page from the application form and then handed it back to me and instructing me to go to the payment counter to make payment and hand in the said folder.

after paying and giving al my docs to the cashier, she then told me that i will receive the receipt later on.

so all the docs that i gave to the checker were the same ones given to the caseworker.

hope this helps. tc :)