ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO applointments for FLR (M)...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Suzie Canuck
Newly Registered

PEO applointments for FLR (M)...

Post by Suzie Canuck » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 pm

OK - hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but I'm a bit confused....

Have just booked an appt at Croydon for an FLR(M) application. The confirmation says " please ensure that only the individuals registered and booked into the appointment come along". Does this mean that my partner (the sponsor; a UK citizen) must also register and book into my appointment? I had assumed that only those actually having to apply for a visa would need to register. Can someone clarify for me please??

Much appreciated!

suarezi
Newly Registered

Post by suarezi » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:15 am

you and your british partner must attend the appointment, if your partner cannot attend then he needs to send a letter explaining why, check the application form it mentiones this...

Suzie Canuck
Newly Registered

Post by Suzie Canuck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 am

suarezi wrote:you and your british partner must attend the appointment, if your partner cannot attend then he needs to send a letter explaining why, check the application form it mentiones this...
Thanks - this is indeed, verbatim,what is in the form, but that wasn't actually my question.

I am asking whether the sponsor must be 'registered' in for the appointment. I had only registered myself, as I assumed registering was only for people actually applying for visas. If my sponsor isn't "registered" for the appointment with me does that mean he will be turned away (meaning that I won't be able to make my application, because, as you pointed out, he needs to be there with me).

Thanks.

suarezi
Newly Registered

Post by suarezi » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 am

no he does not need to be registered as the appointment is for your case, the appointment needs to be registered on the applicants name, i hope this clarifies