ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Godott

Post by Godott » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Hello everybody.

Here is my time scale:

11th Apr 2011 - Application received by H.O and went into process

11th May 2011- I have got COA ( dated on 4th of May).

Would appreciate if anyone who applied in APRIL let me know wether has received RESIDENCE CARD by now or not.

Thanks

Kin5666
Newly Registered

Post by Kin5666 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Guys, got my COA today stating I can work in the UK..here's the timeline so far..
Sent to HO 25/05
HO Received 26/06
COA received 23/05

Just a few months to go for the RC now!!!

johannf

Post by johannf » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Scarlett82, I havent received anything yet. Nor did I get any letter from them! (LOA/COA?)

We contacted our local law center this week, for advice, and according to the immigration solicitor/lawyer I should have receveid the letter from them within 3 weeks. it is now 7 weeks (I checked my postage receipt and its dated 28 April, and not 5th May as I stated before)

I was also advised by the law centre to lodge a complaint with both the UKBA and the European Commission. Not sure if it would make any difference.

BUT, I got some interesting feedback today. I managed to find out about my application through a contact of a contact, who managed to speak to the UKBA. They did in fact receive my application, and it has been sent to Birmingham? Apparently that is where decisions are made.
According to this contact, the ppl at the UKBA said that they will follow up on my application and IF I am eligable to even receive a letter, they will send me one. I'm not sure what to make of that, as I thought every person should at least get that LOA/COA?

My family permit expired on 25 May, a month before I sent my application. So at the moment I cannot accept a new job because I have no proof that I am allowed to work here. So I'm letting good job opportunities go by because by law companies require proof from me, which I cant show them.

Its a no-win situation really.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Why not try to contact the HO directly and ask for the status? You can explain that you need the CoA for a job offer.

Godott

Post by Godott » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi
Anyone with updates on RC?

x
... Theatre of Absurdity..

alexandrette
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alexandrette » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi everyone!

I have received my COA last friday. My timeline so far

Application sent 25 May 2011
Received by UKBA 26 May 2011
COA received 24 June 2011 (dated 17 June 2011)

They use second class mail service so I guess that is the reason for that to be delivered in 7 days after it is issued. Another reason it might just sit on the caseworkers (or whoever responsible for that to be sent) desk 2-3 days and they send it. Royal mail says second class posts aimed to be delivered in 3 working days so be patient.

Keep calling home office they do pick up the phones now. Try to call them early in the morning like just after 9 am. I kept calling them and asking about it. If they dont answer what you ask dont insist. Hang up and then call again someone else will pick it up and will answer what you want to know. At least it worked for me.

I believe that there are lots of inconsistencies between each person you talk. For example I called them 3 days after i sent my application and asked if they received it. She helped me very quickly confirming the date it was delivered. After two weeks I called again and she said she cant even confirm if they have received the application. Ridiculous!

Anyway I will keep you informed! Good luck everyone! This is really painful!

whitebedspread
Newly Registered

Terrible....isn't it?

Post by whitebedspread » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:25 am

Hello All
This seems awkward but true.I have sent my application in over 6 months now,precisely on 22/12/2010 and got the COA though a bit late in Feb 2011.A few weeks later,i started mailing them 2 know the status of my application but was informed its in process.
After a long wait,i sent the HO a letter in the month of April 2011 but got a reply back in May 2011 that the application is with a caseworker.
Last week made it exactly 6 month,no letter or anything from the HO....and i have since instructed my lawyer to write a letter to the HO requesting to know what must have caused the delay as this contravenes the rule of the EU and the directive guiding such an application.
Any experience about anything like this?
Please advise.
Thank you all

whitebedspread
Newly Registered

Post by whitebedspread » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:29 am

Hello Alex
Can you tell me what number u r calling as am not getting thru at all.
Just getting into answering machine

Thanks
alexandrette wrote:Hi everyone!

I have received my COA last friday. My timeline so far

Application sent 25 May 2011
Received by UKBA 26 May 2011
COA received 24 June 2011 (dated 17 June 2011)

They use second class mail service so I guess that is the reason for that to be delivered in 7 days after it is issued. Another reason it might just sit on the caseworkers (or whoever responsible for that to be sent) desk 2-3 days and they send it. Royal mail says second class posts aimed to be delivered in 3 working days so be patient.

Keep calling home office they do pick up the phones now. Try to call them early in the morning like just after 9 am. I kept calling them and asking about it. If they dont answer what you ask dont insist. Hang up and then call again someone else will pick it up and will answer what you want to know. At least it worked for me.

I believe that there are lots of inconsistencies between each person you talk. For example I called them 3 days after i sent my application and asked if they received it. She helped me very quickly confirming the date it was delivered. After two weeks I called again and she said she cant even confirm if they have received the application. Ridiculous!

Anyway I will keep you informed! Good luck everyone! This is really painful!

alexandrette
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alexandrette » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:00 am

Hi Whitebedspread

I actually call the number on UKBA website which is 08450105200. What I do is; as soon as the voicemail starts after i dial the number, i press 1 and 2 straight after. It always worked for me and someone answered quite quickly.

I suggest you do the same and see if that would help. Are you expecting your COA?

Alex

johannf

Post by johannf » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Jambo, what are the chances they will send me a letter in time for a job, if they havent sent me anything for almost 2 months now?

I am busy submitting a complaint now to the UKBA as well as EU Commission, as per the immigration solicitor's advice. I am actually very angry now because a good job opportunity has been posted to me today, which I am applying for, but I might just lose it without any form of proof that I am allowed to work in the UK. Fair? I think not. :x

whitebedspread
Newly Registered

Post by whitebedspread » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

alexandrette wrote:Hi Whitebedspread

I actually call the number on UKBA website which is 08450105200. What I do is; as soon as the voicemail starts after i dial the number, i press 1 and 2 straight after. It always worked for me and someone answered quite quickly.

I suggest you do the same and see if that would help. Are you expecting your COA?

Alex
Oh thanks,Alex......i did try as u rightly informed and it works.But to my surprise i was told they had no information on the system for me as it is over 6 months since i have submitted.
I called the second time bt was told it is still under consideration......
Funny people.....

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:26 pm

johannf wrote:Jambo, what are the chances they will send me a letter in time for a job, if they havent sent me anything for almost 2 months now?

I am busy submitting a complaint now to the UKBA as well as EU Commission, as per the immigration solicitor's advice. I am actually very angry now because a good job opportunity has been posted to me today, which I am applying for, but I might just lose it without any form of proof that I am allowed to work in the UK. Fair? I think not. :x
Did you call and speak with them? Two months for CoA sounds longer than usual. Best to phone and ask. Maybe they did send it and it got lost in the post or they got your address wrong or maybe it was never issued. You won't know if you don't ask. The CoA is usually sent out as long as the HO is happy with the documents you provided in the application. It's not a decision, just a confirmation they have received it but it does state whether you can work or not.

Phone them today and insist on getting an answer as you have a job offer.

Godott

Post by Godott » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:55 am

I do apologize for asking the same question but here I go again:

'' Anyone with the UPDATES on the Resident Card recently?!''Thanks

nathy24
Newly Registered

Post by nathy24 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 pm

Almost 4 months and I have no COA!!
Really worried about it!

Godott

Post by Godott » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:54 pm

nathy24 wrote:Almost 4 months and I have no COA!!
Really worried about it!
Write complaint on : NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

They were delaying with return of my passport, and I have sent them an email on last Fri 24th , and they immediatelly sent/investigated my request through and early on Monday ( yesterday) they sent me an email confirming my passport has been sent to me even on last Fri ( 24th JUN), including apologies for not delivering the service in a time frame.

I complain regarding the time frame within they FAILED to deliver the service . Maybe, you should take the same ground of complaint.

Good luck.
Ps, but in any case it is normal and expected for them to send you the confirmation letter as it would be professional by them.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

x

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:05 pm

zzz
Last edited by imraniqbal2010 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

JOZIO1453

timelines

Post by JOZIO1453 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:53 pm

28 april to HO
They sent me back for it was mistake about C.I.C(insurance) and my wife`s study finans documents after 1 week then I collected and send back 28 may.
they recieved 30 may and i got my C.O.A 26 june, date on 22 june.

I am waitin and i would like to know this timeline counts from 28 april or 30 may.

I need to go out of uk, I hope we will get soon..

good luck to everyone

Godott

Re: timelines

Post by Godott » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:18 pm

JOZIO1453 wrote:28 april to HO
They sent me back for it was mistake about C.I.C(insurance) and my wife`s study finans documents after 1 week then I collected and send back 28 may.

I am waitin and i would like to know this timeline counts from 28 april or 30 may.

good luck to everyone
You will find the date in your COA letter.
After the subtitle '' CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION'' it should say as follows:

'' Thank you for your ( client's) application of xx/xx/2011 for a Residence Card.''
From that date specified as '' xx/xx/2011'', your application process time is being started to be counting.

So, what does it say on your letter of COA? I only curious.

x

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Godott wrote:

good luck to everyone

'' Thank you for your ( client's) application of xx/xx/2011 for a Residence Card.''
From that date specified as '' xx/xx/2011'', your application process time is being started to be counting.

x

I have seens a COA that the date the application was received is different from the date on the COA as application date. so to me and from the solicitor, you should start counting from the date the post says your application was received if you have the evidence.

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:58 am

Godott wrote:

good luck to everyone

x

there is writing thanks for ur application 30 may so I lost 1 month :(

I hope i wil recieve till August ;)

Godott

Post by Godott » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 am

JOZIO1453 wrote:
Godott wrote:

good luck to everyone

x

Hi. I hope rachellynn1972 is right, but from what I have concluded on the text from my COA letter is that they count from that date , stated on the application. Hope i wasnt right.
In any case, they speeded up the application processing so instead of waiting for a year or even sometimes more as it was before, now they aim to bring decision within 6 months. We should be happy that we fell under those new changes of H O , and 6 months is nothing .. the time will fly away , and then you RC will come .. you will see! :)

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Godott wrote:
JOZIO1453 wrote:
Godott wrote:

good luck to everyone

x

Hi. I hope rachellynn1972 is right, but from what I have concluded on the text from my COA letter is that they count from that date , stated on the application. Hope i wasnt right.
In any case, they speeded up the application processing so instead of waiting for a year or even sometimes more as it was before, now they aim to bring decision within 6 months. We should be happy that we fell under those new changes of H O , and 6 months is nothing .. the time will fly away , and then you RC will come .. you will see! :)
I know am right, but you are also right but still they are not following the eu law, it suppose to start from the day they receive your application not the day they decided to send you a COA.

Tanic
Newly Registered

Post by Tanic » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Phoned UKBA today & actually got speaking to someone who was willing to tell me if anything had been posted to us...............nothing yet :cry:

For some reason thinking when they requested our Passports back would mean a quick decision - i was wrong

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:13 pm

A decision may have been made, those people on the phone always give inconsistence answers, try and call again...

JOZIO1453

Post by JOZIO1453 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:43 pm

guys what u think if i want my passport back this wil affect to my aplication ?
cuz i must go to malta for my bussiness about 1 month i must be there. now i am waiting this result and its killing me :(