ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Ext. Approved (Contractor with Ltd Company Structure)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irtaza
Newly Registered

Tier1 Ext. Approved (Contractor with Ltd Company Structure)

Post by irtaza » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:41 am

This post is to help people who are working as contractors within a limited company structure.

Category : Tier 1 General Extension + 2 Dependents
Application Date : 01-June-2009
Aknowledge Letter : 03-June-2009
Documents Received : 16-June-2009 (2 weeks only!!!)

Documents for Earnings:

1. Letter from Accountant
Make sure it is on Accountant's Letter headed paper. Plus it should clearly state how much you have earned during the period and should also clearly show the breakdown of the payments i.e. Salary and Dividends. The letter should also have a separate page giving the breakdwon of each salary & dividend payment made from the company to your account i.e. it should show the period of the payment ( salary for April 09), the gross amount, the net amount, the date the payment was credited to your account (this should match your bank statements).

2. Salary Slips & Dividend Vouchers
My accountant had sent me the templates for the dividend vouchers and the payslips. I printed them on a company letter head. I got my limited company letter heads printed using www.goodprint.co.uk.
Make sure that the dividend voucher shows both the Net and Gross dividend amount.

3. Bank Statements
Personal bank statements.

These are the documents I put in the Earnings section. However also added my limited Company's bank statements in the appendix section of my documents and mentioned that in the cover letter.

I hope this information helps.

malim_sheikh
Newly Registered

Post by malim_sheikh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:24 am

Thanks for the valuable information Irtaza.

Just a couple of questions though, did your accountant sign or stamp the dividend vouchers. Did you produce separate divident voucher for each payment?

Thanks in advance

irtaza
Newly Registered

Post by irtaza » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:52 am

malim_sheikh wrote:Thanks for the valuable information Irtaza.

Just a couple of questions though, did your accountant sign or stamp the dividend vouchers. Did you produce separate dividend voucher for each payment?

Thanks in advance
1. No need to sign or stamp the dividend vouchers or salary slips. Just make sure they are on company letter headed paper i.e. your limited company letter head not your accountant's letter head.

2. Yes I did print separate voucher for each dividend payment. Just make sure the evidence you provide collaborates with your bank statement.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:40 pm

do u show any expenses details in accountant letter,also payslips printed one with your company name on top would be enough?also normally dividend vouchers done on A4 papers,is it important to do company letter head,as looks odd as i am the owner and i m printing it on my letter head.
But ur suggestion required as u have done successfully.

malim_sheikh
Newly Registered

Post by malim_sheikh » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:25 pm

Payslips and dividend vouchers can be on plain paper, but in that case they should be sealed by your company stamp and signed by company secretary or a director which can be yourself.
Letter from accountant is important document as it will be on accountant's letterhead and signed by him.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Anyhow to me looks little different,but as u got visa ur words have powers.
Seniors please comment on above issue?

jinnyjonny

Post by jinnyjonny » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi,

I have worked under limited company as contractor for just a month. I am not the owner of this company. So in my case who should provide the letter for salary break -up?

Thanks,

jinnyjonny

Post by jinnyjonny » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi,

I have worked under limited company as contractor for just a month. I am not the owner of this company. So in my case who should provide the letter for salary break -up?

Thanks,

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:17 am

irtaza wrote:
malim_sheikh wrote:Thanks for the valuable information Irtaza.

Just a couple of questions though, did your accountant sign or stamp the dividend vouchers. Did you produce separate dividend voucher for each payment?

Thanks in advance
1. No need to sign or stamp the dividend vouchers or salary slips. Just make sure they are on company letter headed paper i.e. your limited company letter head not your accountant's letter head.

my accountant print it on plain paper and told me to sign and stamped by my company and my signature are on it and i already have applied. this thread confused me. he didn't said to print on company letterhead ?? even i went to another accountant to show every thign is correct he also checked and didn't said any thing.

2. Yes I did print separate voucher for each dividend payment. Just make sure the evidence you provide collaborates with your bank statement.
i provided 2 vouchers and net amount is corroborating in bank statemts

kbhama
Newly Registered

doubts

Post by kbhama » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi irtaza,

Thanks for your vaulable post. I also fall under the same catogoty as you mentioned. I am a contractor and have my own limited company. Myself and my wife both are 50-50% share holder. I have all the documents mentioned by you like Salary Slip and Dividend, Personal Bank Statement and accountant letter.

My big doubt is: do you think I am self employed OR salaried employee? I don't know what should I mention in my covering letter like salaried employee or self employed? Do you think I need to provide any details related to company profit? My salary slips has very less amount (10K) as salary but very big amount as dividend (30K). I pay very less income tax as personal level but big amount as company corporation tax.

I am here in HSMP VISA and need to apply to extension under tier1 in next few days.

This would be really a big help if you could provide me a copy of covering letter.

Thanks in advance, kbhama

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:37 pm

irtaza,

I need some help for one of my mate's t1 extn.. he is a contractor.

Can you please email me copy of letter from accountant, salary slips format and help in the divident vouchers especially the calculation of gross and net dividents?

if possible with sample figures please...

I have sent you PM with my personal email..

Regards,

NK

rockwei
Newly Registered

Post by rockwei » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

what document you need provided for the dividend.Because dividend is only qulified by the company you are active with?

"dividends, unless paid by a company in
which the applicant is active in the day-to day
management, or unless the applicant
receives the dividend as part or all of his/
her remuneration package;"

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:21 pm

rockwei wrote:what document you need provided for the dividend.Because dividend is only qulified by the company you are active with?

"dividends, unless paid by a company in
which the applicant is active in the day-to day
management, or unless the applicant
receives the dividend as part or all of his/
her remuneration package;"
for dividend you can provide DIVIDEND voucher. Dividend is profit which you take from your personal LTD company.