ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Err not sure if there's a problem

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Talort
Newly Registered

Err not sure if there's a problem

Post by Talort » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey guys.

Some advice would be wonderful please. Went with my wife to the PEO in solihull. All seemed fine, interview and documents were all ticked and approved. Wife was sent to biometric enrolment, and the language used was in the 'the kind of visa we are giving you is....' vein. Seemed fine.

However, they said that there was a computer glitch and that they couldn't get the results through for the 'final checks' on biometrics (they said this to a few people) so we should wait for a letter.

Now I know it's probably fine and I'm just being paranoid, but if she made it through to the biometrics bit, and there's nothing wrong with her fingerprints with interpol etc, does that mean that she will get issued with the spouse visa in most cases??

She's got a firm job offer and we're desperate to get her working for both our sanity (i work at home heh). Am very worried it's going to delay everything because obviously we were intending to use a letter issued on the day rather than something sent later with the job agency... Help?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Talort
Newly Registered

Post by Talort » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Well nevermind, just managed to speak to someone there and it's been granted. Thank god for that!

Cheers to the people who gave advice on the various questions I had before this by the way, and everyone who has written about their experiences that I gleaned large amounts of info from!

*big sigh of relief*