ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early extension Tier 1 from Work Permit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

esharah
Newly Registered

Early extension Tier 1 from Work Permit

Post by esharah » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on Work Permit on 1 Sept 2007 and then moved to Tier 1 from Sept 2008 whose leave expires on 11 Sep 2011.

Now, I am thinking of extending the Tier 1, 2 months early in June as I qualify currently and have kept money in my account all the while.

Techincally, that shouldnt pose a problem for settlement, if Work permit is counted for continuous 5 year period - I should be eligible for ILR in Sep 2012. However, I have heard that they are going to make Work Permit as a Non Settlement Route and I feel that going forward they may not count the 1 year period I was on Work Permit. Thereby, my 5 years will only be complete in September 2013.

What is your advise, should I apply two months early and take the risk or should I wait for August to apply. I wanted to apply early as I need to make some transactions from my bank account soon and don't want the account to go below.

abc111
BANNED

Re: Early extension Tier 1 from Work Permit

Post by abc111 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:24 pm

esharah wrote:Hi,

I came to UK on Work Permit on 1 Sept 2007 and then moved to Tier 1 from Sept 2008 whose leave expires on 11 Sep 2011.

Now, I am thinking of extending the Tier 1, 2 months early in June as I qualify currently and have kept money in my account all the while.

Techincally, that shouldnt pose a problem for settlement, if Work permit is counted for continuous 5 year period - I should be eligible for ILR in Sep 2012. However, I have heard that they are going to make Work Permit as a Non Settlement Route and I feel that going forward they may not count the 1 year period I was on Work Permit. Thereby, my 5 years will only be complete in September 2013.

What is your advise, should I apply two months early and take the risk or should I wait for August to apply. I wanted to apply early as I need to make some transactions from my bank account soon and don't want the account to go below.
please wait for seniors before making up ur mind...i think work permit still counts for ilr and even if they make it temporary it wont be applicable to existing cases! Even if it does then option of second extensions is always there if they havent messed up with that option yet! Wait for gurus

Venk_it

Post by Venk_it » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:12 am

You would not be impacted with the new rules. With regards to extension, I suggest you go 2 months ahead only as it is now taking about 3 months to process an application based on the feedback seen here any my personal experience where I am going for bio-metrics tomorrow whereas I applied on may 5th.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:23 am

Venk_it wrote:You would not be impacted with the new rules. With regards to extension, I suggest you go 2 months ahead only as it is now taking about 3 months to process an application based on the feedback seen here any my personal experience where I am going for bio-metrics tomorrow whereas I applied on may 5th.
I think that seniors comments should still be sought!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 am

Venk_it wrote:You would not be impacted with the new rules.
The new rules have not yet been defined and nobody can tell you whether or not you will be impacted. HOWEVER: Government has indicated their intention to leave existing Tier 1 (G) visa holders alone (ones who applied before April that is), however, it is merely an indication in a consultation document. As we have seen before, indications in a consultation document and the final product passed into law can end up being two completely different things.

The scales are in your favour at the moment, but make sure you have a proper strategy in place...

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 am

mulderpf wrote:
Venk_it wrote:You would not be impacted with the new rules.
The new rules have not yet been defined and nobody can tell you whether or not you will be impacted. HOWEVER: Government has indicated their intention to leave existing Tier 1 (G) visa holders alone (ones who applied before April that is), however, it is merely an indication in a consultation document. As we have seen before, indications in a consultation document and the final product passed into law can end up being two completely different things.

The scales are in your favour at the moment, but make sure you have a proper strategy in place...
I take it is April 2012 when they announce the new rules?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:30 pm

No, I think it will be around end September/beginning October. As they are looking at back-dating the rules to April 2011 (not confirmed, just proposed, they might not back-date at all or apply to everyone - who knows!), they will have to act quickly after the consultation closes early September.

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:55 pm

mulderpf wrote:No, I think it will be around end September/beginning October. As they are looking at back-dating the rules to April 2011 (not confirmed, just proposed, they might not back-date at all or apply to everyone - who knows!), they will have to act quickly after the consultation closes early September.
What strategy do you think guys like us adopt? I am relying on combining my 1 year work permit and 4 years T1(G) stay for ILR. My T1(G) extension due June 2012?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Early extension Tier 1 from Work Permit

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:48 pm

esharah wrote:Hi,

Proceed as planned. The outcome of the consultation, whatever it may be, will not affect you. You'll hopefully be a settled person by then.

Stop worrying .... unless you wish to worry for no reason!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:58 pm

I applied a year earlier. You can go ahead and extend.

The rules wont be impacting you at all.

Hope it help

esharah
Newly Registered

Post by esharah » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am

Thanks everyone.. I will apply asap then. Just one more thing, I completed my masters from a French Grande Ecole and they gave me a Master in International Business (the course is ranked at number 4 in FT's International Master's degree). Master degree from the ESC was recognised the last time when I applied, but I get zero points now on the calculator.

My bachelors from India makes my points 80. I have asked NARIC for equivalence which they should let me know by 7 July. Just in case I have problems in equivalence. I believe I should simply attach the Bachelor's degree and apply. What do you think?

imprezasti

Post by imprezasti » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Just indicate in the form that the proof (as in Ur Master's degree) was submitted during ut initial T1G....