ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:52 pm

any news my dear friends?

djollof
Newly Registered

Post by djollof » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Marisa wrote:
PIKKA wrote:I can understand your frustration as a few days ago we were too in the same boat, now my husband is off the board and i am still in the queue. I think before those grand Oath Taking Ceremonies in all counties no more approvals are coming because of recent huge pressure on the Courts.
First they will clear all those approved applicants and their CON then they would start the next batch. There could be Approximately 2 to 3 months gap in each batch
Pikka raised a very interesting point. I’d say there is a very high possibility of this happening.

Perhaps the only thing that could disprove this suggestion is that we are constantly trying to apply logic to what is happening there. But there might be no logic whatsoever.

and the approvals would be random. (These are all my assumptions reality could be different.)
Pikka, you have opened my eyes. They are random now! Another thing is that there should be some sort of order even in this randomness. What if they sorted them alphabetically?:)
Hi Guys,
It seems that INIS are issuing approval once a month and sent all letters in the same week. In may and June this was the case. I received my letter on june 16th and most people in the forum received between the 16th and 22nd.I remember that I sent my add documents at the same time as tiredmum. She received her approval on the May bulk and I received mine on June. I may be wrong but let see in July if this the case.[/b]

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:39 pm

9jeirean wrote:Thanks Marisa, I probably need to put a date stamp on that . I hate to be in the position to second guess how INIS currently processes applications.
No one will put this puzzle together better than you.
I think INIS would do themselves and the applicants a lot of favour to provide up to date information particularly for the backlog applicants who may get more and more frustrated
I am considering issuing my own version of the famous Arabian Nights("One Thousand and One Nights"). Since it is about 1040 days has passed since I've posted my application:)

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:49 pm

djollof wrote:Hi Guys,
It seems that INIS are issuing approval once a month and sent all letters in the same week. In may and June this was the case. I received my letter on june 16th and most people in the forum received between the 16th and 22nd.I remember that I sent my add documents at the same time as tiredmum. She received her approval on the May bulk and I received mine on June. I may be wrong but let see in July if this the case.
Hi djollof, you could be right. I remember tarakino received his letter in April and someone else did the same day or shortly thereafter.

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:11 am

djollof wrote: Hi Guys,
It seems that INIS are issuing approval once a month and sent all letters in the same week. In may and June this was the case. I received my letter on june 16th and most people in the forum received between the 16th and 22nd.I remember that I sent my add documents at the same time as tiredmum. She received her approval on the May bulk and I received mine on June. I may be wrong but let see in July if this the case.[/b]
Hi djollof;
That's right , last month they sent approvals from 16 th to 22 nd. I am from Jun 2010 batch (and yes with LTR) so curious to watch if same trend continues....

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:02 am

taquilasunrise wrote:
Hi djollof;
That's right , last month they sent approvals from 16 th to 22 nd. I am from Jun 2010 batch (and yes with LTR) so curious to watch if same trend continues....
Don't know about it this time guys, as the lady told me last Thursday they are still sending out approvals which has come from Ministers office.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Aceform wrote:
taquilasunrise wrote:
Hi djollof;
Don't know about it this time guys, as the lady told me last Thursday they are still sending out approvals which has come from Ministers office.
First of all its good to see some promising news coming in in the Irish Newspapers.

Secondly, its interesting observation that INIS send the approvals between 16-22 each month. So lets see if we start seeing any approvals iin 16-22 July or not?

And if they are saying they are sending approvals then hopefully somebody from this forum will update here as well.

So guys to help other, please do update the forum once you get the approval with your Timeline, LTR status (have it or not?) etc thing.

In the news from few links posted in this forum. I can see that they are saying that by spring next year ( i guess by April 2012 then) the backlog will be cleared. Hope so they will do it.

Lets see if somebody got the approval today or not :D

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

9jeirean wrote:There may be even more reasons to be optimistic yet:
The justice minister said he had slashed the huge backlog of citizenship applications since coming to office and expected to have it completely cleared by spring next year. There are still 13,500 applications awaiting decisions for more than six months.There are also plans to recruit more people under the new government internship programme to help speed up the naturalisation process, he revealed.
Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/shatter-citize ... 40363.html
Interesting to see this. 13,500 Applications are not too much. Given the fact that something must have been done on those applications during these waiting times. So to clear the backlog they should do it asap. I guess only thing in between is latest doc (p60's/p21/new visa renewals) + Famous Garda/SW report.

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:48 pm

djollof wrote:
Marisa wrote:
PIKKA wrote:I can understand your frustration as a few days ago we were too in the same boat, now my husband is off the board and i am still in the queue. I think before those grand Oath Taking Ceremonies in all counties no more approvals are coming because of recent huge pressure on the Courts.
First they will clear all those approved applicants and their CON then they would start the next batch. There could be Approximately 2 to 3 months gap in each batch
Pikka raised a very interesting point. I’d say there is a very high possibility of this happening.

Perhaps the only thing that could disprove this suggestion is that we are constantly trying to apply logic to what is happening there. But there might be no logic whatsoever.

and the approvals would be random. (These are all my assumptions reality could be different.)
Pikka, you have opened my eyes. They are random now! Another thing is that there should be some sort of order even in this randomness. What if they sorted them alphabetically?:)
Hi Guys,

Hi Can you tell me how long did it take them to send you the approval after you submitted your additional documents?

djollof
Newly Registered

Post by djollof » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:37 pm

churchholigan wrote:
djollof wrote:
Marisa wrote:

Hi Guys,

Hi Can you tell me how long did it take them to send you the approval after you submitted your additional documents?
Hi churchholigan,

I sent my add documents on the first week of April and received my yellow form on 16/06/2011; however some people sent the same week and received their approval before or after that date. Fingers cross and you may get yours very soon.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:09 pm

woh that great news. i hope in future everybody application sortit out within 6-10 months time max .congrats

realhope

please help if you can

Post by realhope » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:11 pm

hello everyone
its nice to see that many people are getting good responses these days.
i have a question in relation to the application.
waiting now almost 21 months and applied on bases of working visa.
if you have two penalty points on driving licence and did pay 80 euro fine for a traffic offence , how does that affect your application.
thanks a million
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

dublintogalway

Re: please help if you can

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:27 am

realhope wrote:hello everyone
if you have two penalty points on driving licence and did pay 80 euro fine for a traffic offence , how does that affect your application.
thanks a million
hi,

i had 2 penalty points and paid fine..but my application was approved..i think 2 penalty points will not afffect your application..alan shatter will not refuse for 2 penalty points :)

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:15 am

realhope wrote:hello everyone
thanks a million
I've been fined before for speeding 80Km in 50Km area but I didn't have penalty points as I gave the garda my international driving license at that time then I got my approval, do not worry
peace on you

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:11 am

hi all,

I've been doing some clean up work on the Citizenship spreadsheet (fixing poorly formed dates etc.) and though I'd update with some stats from there. I'd like to ask again for people to remember to add/update their details there so we can see a snapshot of everyones timelines without trawling through 200+ pages of posts :)

Site is: http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps

The statistics below do not include those who are still waiting!
  • Grounds of Application: 5 Years Residence
    Number of Applicants: 92
    Average processing time till decision: 39 months
    Longest Application: 64 months
    Shortest Application: 13 months

Grounds of Application: Spouses of Irish Citizens:
    Number of Applicants: 11
    Average processing time till decision: 21 months
    Longest Application: 31 months
    Shortest Application: 7 months

Grounds of Application: Irish Associations
    Number of Applicants: 6
    Average processing time till decision: 14 months
    Longest Application: 45 months
    Shortest Application: 3 months

Grounds of Application: Based on Parents Naturalisation
    Number of Applicants: 3
    Average processing time till decision: 5 months
    Longest Application: 6 months
    Shortest Application: 5 months
Last edited by scrudu on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 am

thanks dublingalway and thanks IRISH PHAROE
its good to hear that. its the fact that immigrant council of ireland published a report recently in april in relation to applicants where it mentions that some of them were refused on the grounds that they had driving offences on their licence which makes u real anxious.
and again congrats to you all who were approved and best wishes for those waiting for the postman.
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:24 am

I have been trying to call INIS just to find the status of my application I am calling 1890 252 854. Number is busy or it does not connect.

How fast can they reply on email? Does anybody have any experience?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:31 am

alpha_1 wrote:I have been trying to call INIS just to find the status of my application I am calling 1890 252 854. Number is busy or it does not connect.

How fast can they reply on email? Does anybody have any experience?
Waiting for almost an hour, still can't get through.

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:42 am

trying to reach inis - for 1.5 hrs.

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 am

[quote="2011inland"]trying to reach inis - for 1.5 hrs.[/quote]

waiting in q now

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:04 pm

2011inland, Aceform, Alpha_1 keep posted your status. Best Luck !!

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:09 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:2011inland, Aceform, Alpha_1 keep posted your status. Best Luck !!
No luck as of yet I guess their lines are open from 10 - 12:30 but still can't even connect to main call.

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:10 pm

they informed me that file is with minister - it may take week or month -
I hope next stage will be receiving confirmation

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:13 pm

2011inland wrote:they informed me that file is with minister - it may take week or month -
good to know. did you apply in 2010 right?

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:28 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
2011inland wrote:they informed me that file is with minister - it may take week or month -
good to know. did you apply in 2010 right?
Alpha_1 , what is your status ? Did you able to go through call today ?

2011inland, Fingers crossed !