ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed: IAC decision not challenged - avoid delay ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

concerned _sponsor

Appeal Allowed: IAC decision not challenged - avoid delay ?

Post by concerned _sponsor » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Dear All:

My father had applied for entry clearance as a Returning Resident, which was refused on 11/Oct/2010. We appealed, and the appeal was heard on 27/May/2011 and determined as "allowed" by the Immigration Judge on 01/June/2011.

It has been almost 3 weeks since the promulgation of the determination.

I am aware that it can take "upto" 4 weeks for the decision to reach the Post, and "upto" 8 weeks for the Post to issue the letter to the applicant to submit their Passport.

However I have heard horror stories of letters not received months after, passports being lost and so on and so forth.

Can anyone suggest any actions to expedite the issue of the Visa ?

Thanks
"Concerned _Sponsor"

concerned _sponsor

Post by concerned _sponsor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Can anyone help please ? I am trying to get my 80+ year old father into the UK during the summer months so he can acclimatise to the wetaher here.

Will writing to the Head of Visa Service at the UKBA Post help ?

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:20 pm

concerned _sponsor wrote:Can anyone help please ? I am trying to get my 80+ year old father into the UK during the summer months so he can acclimatise to the wetaher here.

Will writing to the Head of Visa Service at the UKBA Post help ?
You can fax to Presenting Office Unit(POU) and ask them to send determination to Embassy so that they can issue you call letter.Or first ring Embassy and confirm they have received determination.If they say no thenn fax POU.

Shahzad

concerned _sponsor

Post by concerned _sponsor » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi "shahzad80"
Thanks for your post. I will follow-up on Monday, do you have the fax number or any other contact details for the POU ?
Thanks
Regards "concerned _sponsor"

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:40 am

concerned _sponsor wrote:Hi "shahzad80"
Thanks for your post. I will follow-up on Monday, do you have the fax number or any other contact details for the POU ?
Thanks
There are differnt POU in differnt city.it depends where yours appeal was heard.

Which was yours hearing centre?

Shahzad

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:42 am

concerned _sponsor wrote:Hi "shahzad80"
Thanks
First ring Embassy and confirm do they have received determination.

If yes then there is no point contacting POU.

Shahzad

concerned _sponsor

Post by concerned _sponsor » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:51 pm

okay, thanks !

concerned _sponsor

Post by concerned _sponsor » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Dear All
Letter from Embassy calling for medical and submission of passport received in 26 days from date of promulgation of determination.
Thanks all,