ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suji
Newly Registered

Application guidance

Post by suji » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi all, i am new to this board. Looks like this board has been very helpful from the messages. I am eligible to apply for ILR on 10 year long residence basis, infact i have qualified in April itself but due to presonal circumstances i could not apply then. I think my application is straight forward but apprehensive to send the application by myself due to extremely hard experiences in the past where a couple of times i had to pay to HO twice. I wonder if you could guide me submitting the application form correctly. I came to the U.k in May 2001 on a student visa later work pemit and then Tier-1 dependant visa combining 10 yrs by May-2011. Never over stayed out of the country and always applied for renewal in time.
My questions:
What is SAR file, never heard this, do i need this before i can submit my application?
what supproting documents are needed with the application?
What needs to be included in the covering letter.
Appreciate your help

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Your SAR records may be helpful if your case is complicated.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

darlene82328
Newly Registered

Post by darlene82328 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 am

SAR is the record of visa status throughout the 10years.
10 year long residence route is simple if you didnt lose your old passport or any absence or criminal conviction, then only your application form, police regi certificate if you were asked to get one, 2 photos, life in the UK.

Simple is that. I just handed in my application last week, bank a/c is debited today. No need of covering letter unless necessary.

suji
Newly Registered

Post by suji » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am

darlene82328 wrote:SAR is the record of visa status throughout the 10years.
10 year long residence route is simple if you didnt lose your old passport or any absence or criminal conviction, then only your application form, police regi certificate if you were asked to get one, 2 photos, life in the UK.

Simple is that. I just handed in my application last week, bank a/c is debited today. No need of covering letter unless necessary.

Thank you both for the reply, could you please tell me who needs police reg. certificate.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:27 pm

suji wrote:could you please tell me who needs police reg. certificate.
See Part 10 and Appendix 2.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!