ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CE Scheme +Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ABI_12
Newly Registered

CE Scheme +Naturalisation

Post by ABI_12 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:51 pm

hi guys,
my cousin is currently on CE scheme and want to apply for her naturalisation by next week. just wondering if the CE scheme wont affect her application for naturalisation. pls anybody with relvant information

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:11 pm

It depends what sort of visa she holds stamp4 eufam, stamp 1, stamp 4, irish spouse, IBC etc, by the way CE scheme is administered by social welfare department that does not look good as a candidate for citizenship but then again all scenarios are different. If she has completed her residency requirement no harm in applying.

instant COFEE
Newly Registered

Post by instant COFEE » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:55 pm

fatty patty wrote: by the way CE scheme is administered by social welfare department that does not look good as a candidate for citizenship but then again all scenarios are different. If she has completed her residency requirement no harm in applying.
Hi,would you tell me,if I am on Jobseeker Allowance,does it mean my apllication will be refused?
P.S. did not applyed yet

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:01 am

instant COFEE wrote:
fatty patty wrote: by the way CE scheme is administered by social welfare department that does not look good as a candidate for citizenship but then again all scenarios are different. If she has completed her residency requirement no harm in applying.
Hi,would you tell me,if I am on Jobseeker Allowance,does it mean my apllication will be refused?
P.S. did not applyed yet
If an applicant is relying solely on JSA than it is likely that application will be refused. Job seeker allowance meaning one is either long term unemployed (Job Seeker Benefit exhausted) or have not got enough PRSI contributions. It's stated on citizenship FAQs
An assessment of an applicant’s financial status is conducted

There are applicant's here who lost their job through no fault of their own and have claimed job seeker's benefit for a short period of time and approved. If you have lost your job and registered with FAS + actively looking for work it is accepted by citizenship dept in some cases.

source: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000030

instant COFEE
Newly Registered

Post by instant COFEE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:21 am

If an applicant is relying solely on JSA than it is likely that application will be refused. Job seeker allowance meaning one is either long term unemployed (Job Seeker Benefit exhausted) or have not got enough PRSI contributions. It's stated on citizenship FAQs [quote]

ABI_12
Newly Registered

Post by ABI_12 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 am

@ fatty, thanks for the info. but my cousin is on stamp 5 at the moment.

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:04 am

instant COFEE wrote:If an applicant is relying solely on JSA than it is likely that application will be refused. Job seeker allowance meaning one is either long term unemployed (Job Seeker Benefit exhausted) or have not got enough PRSI contributions. It's stated on citizenship FAQs
but that is not fair on those who have worked for so many years and find themselves with no job due to no fault of theres, those who have tried and still trying both day and night to secure a job but nothing coming out due to the economic recession which was brought about by the same Government

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:59 am

rlow68 wrote:
instant COFEE wrote:If an applicant is relying solely on JSA than it is likely that application will be refused. Job seeker allowance meaning one is either long term unemployed (Job Seeker Benefit exhausted) or have not got enough PRSI contributions. It's stated on citizenship FAQs
but that is not fair on those who have worked for so many years and find themselves with no job due to no fault of theres, those who have tried and still trying both day and night to secure a job but nothing coming out due to the economic recession which was brought about by the same Government
Do not worry Rlow68, they take this into their consideration, I have been on unemployment benefit for 10 months after working for 5.5 years but I found a low paid job then I got the approval, it is important to show them that you are welling to work
peace on you

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Sometimes I wonder why people waste so much time worrying about these things - just apply, make the best application you can and see what happens. It is at the end of the day up to the Minister's discretion. There is no harm in applying, there would be no point waiting another year or whatever until you are working and then applying, as there's no harm or detriment in re-applications. Do you know what I mean?