ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding 'Tier 1 (general) DEPENDENT' visa applicatio

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vivekbhadra
Newly Registered

Query Regarding 'Tier 1 (general) DEPENDENT' visa applicatio

Post by vivekbhadra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:22 am

Hi,

I am working in UK under tier 1(general) visa since Feb, 2011. I will apply for my wife and my 10 month old child's dependant visa soon. I have the below query regarding the visa application.

Regarding the maintenance fund to support my wife and kid, I have been maintaining a fund of INR 300000.00 which is around GBP 4000 in my Indian Bank account.

Query 1
1. Is it fine to show my Indian Bank account for the maintainace fund ? Right now I am in UK and working under Tier 1 visa.

Query 2

The calculation I have considered for the maintenance is as below:
GBP 1600 for my wife + GBP 1600 for my son + GBP 800 for myself = GBP 4000.

My first query is, is this amount sufficient for applying for their visa.

Second query is, in the application letter/cover letter how should I mention this amount? Should I mention the whole amount of GBP 4000 in both their applications(and show the break up) or should I split it up and mention only the required GBP 1600 in their respective applications. Please advise.

For more clarity I of the query please see my below snippets of the application:

Format 1
In my wife's application
As a main applicant, my husband is maintaining maintenance funds INR 300000.00 equivalent to GBP 4,113.84 for the claim period of last three months, from 2nd May, 2011 to 2nd Aug, 2011 for me GBP 1600 + for our kid GBP 1600 + himself GBP 800 = GBP 4000.

In my son's application letter
As a main applicant, to support my Son, Vihaan Bhadra GBP 1600, my wife GBP 1600 and myself GBP 800, I have been maintaining maintenance funds INR 300000.00 equivalent to GBP 4000 for the claim period of last three months, from 2nd May, 2011 to 2nd Aug, 2011.

Format 2
In my wife's application
As a main applicant, my husband is maintaining maintenance funds INR120000 .00 equivalent to GBP 1600 for the claim period of last three months, from 2nd May, 2011 to 2nd Aug, 2011 for me.

In my son's application letter
As a main applicant, to support my Son, Vihaan Bhadra, I have been maintaining maintenance funds INR 120000 .00 equivalent to GBP 1600for the claim period of last three months, from 2nd May, 2011 to 2nd Aug, 2011.

Please advise me in which of the above two ways I should mention the fund in the seperate application letters for my wife and child.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek Bhadra

--

Vivek Bhadra
Senior Engineer, CT Software
British Sky Broadcasting Ltd,
London, United Kingdom

T: 07466477316
E: Vivek.Bhadra@bskyb.com
http://in.linkedin.com/in/vivekbhadra

sharbt_hvr

Post by sharbt_hvr » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi,

-I think format 1 should be good . I did the same thing for my wife and got visa since it has to be aggregrate of maintainace funds.Better use "we" and mention who is holding funds.

- I am not sure maintainance fund should be equivalent to exchange rate on the date of application by checking oanada.com since you are on the edge.

rgds,
sharbt_hvr