ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
2011inland wrote:they informed me that file is with minister - it may take week or month -
I hope next stage will be receiving confirmation
good to know. did you apply in 2010 right?
Alpha_1 , what is your status ? Did you able to go through call today ?

2011inland, Fingers crossed !
Yes I just spoke to INIS, and they said that they did not even touch my application :( I applied in May 2010. They said they are processing 2009 batch and they are not touching 2010 applications. So same time next year it should be processed.

Just wondering does anybody experience any conflicting answers? Where they may say its not even started and after couple of weeks they say its in final stage or something like this. Asking because you never know with INIS

I don't feel good at all now.

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:47 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
taquilasunrise wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
2011inland wrote:they informed me that file is with minister - it may take week or month -

Yes I just spoke to INIS, and they said that they did not even touch my application :( I applied in April 2010. They said they are processing 2009 batch and they are not touching 2010 applications. So same time next year it should be processed.

Just wondering does anybody experience any conflicting answers? Where they may say its not even started and after couple of weeks they say its in final stage or something like this. Asking because you never know with INIS

Hey Alpha_1, I applied in Jun2010 and spoke to INIS last Thursday. I got exactly the same answer as you. One of my friend who applied after me already got approval and i was curious to know about my file status. But it looks like a bit of luck factor now a days.

I will say don't loose patience, we will all slowly get approvals by end of this year.

2011inland
Newly Registered

i applied in feb 2010

Post by 2011inland » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:50 pm

i applied in feb 2010

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
taquilasunrise wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:

Yes I just spoke to INIS, and they said that they did not even touch my application :( I applied in May 2010. They said they are processing 2009 batch and they are not touching 2010 applications. So same time next year it should be processed.

Just finished talking to a staff member @ INIS- MID- 2009 APPLICATIONS ARE BEING DEALT WITH AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

It's a bit ambitious to think that they'll be dealing with 2010-applicants at this stage- the 2 years' processing-time will last until Aug.-/Sept. 2012 before the INIS can make some headway clearing the backog that has accumulated over the years.

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:54 pm

westerner wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:
taquilasunrise wrote:
alpha_1 wrote:

Just finished talking to a staff member @ INIS- MID- 2009 APPLICATIONS ARE BEING DEALT WITH AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

It's a bit ambitious to think that they'll be dealing with 2010-applicants at this stage- the 2 years' processing-time will last until Aug.-/Sept. 2012 before the INIS can make some headway clearing the backog that has accumulated over the years.
Well there are so many 2010 applications that are approved recently. And even from Jan 2011 applications that are approved. So I would not call it an ambitious thinking.

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Waiting time

Post by sunilappat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:55 pm

I applied in June 2010.
And friend of mine who applied May 2010 received a letter and yellow slip last week by post. I think they are processing applicants who has long term residency staus pretty fast compared to other applicants.

I am wondering if anyone knows whats the criteria in relation to Family Income Supplement?

2011inland
Newly Registered

Post by 2011inland » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 pm

[quote="Marisa"]Hi there again 2011inland,
That's how it used to be [b]before[/b] (I don't think anyone knows how it is dealt with now):
[quote="9jeirean"]Just to lend in some clarifications about this and I have seen a few posts around on the issue as well.

Let me start by saying, I can only speak for applications made based on 5 years residency as I understand that the numbers and details of required documentations and checks done for other categories are different. Also the summary I provide here is based on my personal experience and from evidence of what we've seen on the forum. Please do not take this as a form of legal or authoritative representation of INIS operations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When INIS says "we have started further processing" take that as literary meaning, we are beginning to dust off your files received in mid 200X and we will now start to process it.

==> The so called [b]further processing[/b] stage involves

i)Rechecking for any supporting documents that might be required that weren't picked at the initial stage.
ii)Send out a letter to applicants requesting additional documents - Payslips, P60s/21s, etc (and yes, some people are never asked for additional documents any any stage, but I have to say based on my observation, majority are)
iii)Send out report request to Gardi and social welfare.

I know there appears to be some disagreement as to which comes first (ii) or (iii)? I am convinced that they do (ii) before (iii) in most cases. Another strong possibilities is that they send both set of request out at the same time.

The time frame recorded here so far to complete i to iii above have varied between 3 - 18 months depending largely on how quickly the reports arrive from the so called outside agencies (Garda & SW office).

Note: One more important factor I'll like to share with people is that the time frame between when INIS receives each of the outside agency report is important. We've had cases here in the past where SW reports were received and Garda reports arrived more than 6 months later. In such instances, INIS had to re-request the SW report as it was not considered recent enough to make a valid decision. This could set off a potential cycle where reports verification may drag on unnecessarily. What I did on the advice of some knowledgeable forum member, and I've always advised others to do is; If it's more than 6 months since you submitted additional documents and you haven't received anything back, obtain your SW report from the SW office and send it to INIS. They do accept SW reports sent in by applicants themselves and do send them update SW every 3-6 months to ensure that you are not snookered by the recency factor.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==> Once all relevant reports are received, the file moved to what INIS calls [b]advanced stage.[/b] This involves:

i) An officer looks at all the material facts and information provided on the application, documentations reports etc and makes a recommendation to approve or refuse the application
ii) A second (generally more senior) officer cross checks and agrees or disagree with the 1st officer.
iii) Applications sent to the ministers office for final approval or refusal based on the recommendation of officer 1&2.

The time frame between (i) & ii) has been noted to vary between 5 weeks to 3 months.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is of assistance to people and as i said please don't take this as the final word but some kind of guidance to help clarify some confusions as I have observed them here.

Goodluck to all - Ã

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Processing time

Post by sunilappat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Anyone knows if family income supplement will stand on the way of Naturalization process?
I am working full time since last 5 yrs.
Just talked to another person who got Naturalization last month.
She applied 3 yrs ago and now received it!!

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:24 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:2011inland, Aceform, Alpha_1 keep posted your status. Best Luck !!
Eventually got through. But same answer again. "Your file is sent to Ministers office for a decision, we will be in touch with you as soon as we hear back from the Ministers office."

When I asked how long it might take, she replied : You will hear back in the next month or 2.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 pm

You will hear back in the next month or 2.
Ummm..Pardon?
I cannot believe it, Aceform...
Exactly the same words were said in April and and it already has been 2 months!

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:10 pm

.She said it could be a week....a couple of weeks....maybe a month....maybe a few months- who knows ....??

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:20 pm

This is very strange. There should be the difference between 1 or 2 weeks, or a month or 2 months. 6 month time frame is no where near to the applicants who applied in 2009, 2010 and even for some who applied in 2007/8

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Marisa wrote:
You will hear back in the next month or 2.
Ummm..Pardon?
I cannot believe it, Aceform...
Exactly the same words were said in April and and it already has been 2 months!
Yes, this is ridiculous. I don't mind if it takes 2 months. But just tell the truth and give us an indication of what's happening. The feeling of waiting is terrible :-(

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:36 pm

My goodness, this is ridiculous. Why can't they do them in chronological order? So according to their website, they are processing 2009 applications when there are people from 2007 still waiting.. really frustrating :(

alpha_1

Post by alpha_1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Angel592 wrote:My goodness, this is ridiculous. Why can't they do them in chronological order? So according to their website, they are processing 2009 applications when there are people from 2007 still waiting.. really frustrating :(
And if you look at the LTR page it says
Applications for Long Term Residency - We are currently processing applications for Long Term Residency received in the latter 3 months of 2010.

It means even for LTR they are taking around 6 months to process. I mean atleast LTR should be processed quickly.

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 pm

alpha_1 wrote:
Angel592 wrote:My goodness, this is ridiculous. Why can't they do them in chronological order? So according to their website, they are processing 2009 applications when there are people from 2007 still waiting.. really frustrating :(
And if you look at the LTR page it says
Applications for Long Term Residency - We are currently processing applications for Long Term Residency received in the latter 3 months of 2010.

It means even for LTR they are taking around 6 months to process. I mean atleast LTR should be processed quickly.
any one got LTR recently ....please let us know how long it tok you to get it processed
many thanks
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

max11
Newly Registered

Post by max11 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Aceform wrote:
taquilasunrise wrote:2011inland, Aceform, Alpha_1 keep posted your status. Best Luck !!
Eventually got through. But same answer again. "Your file is sent to Ministers office for a decision, we will be in touch with you as soon as we hear back from the Ministers office."

When I asked how long it might take, she replied : You will hear back in the next month or 2.
it is very interesting.from one side Mr Shatter wants to speed up the naturalisation process to six months and from another side it takes about 5 months to get applications back from ministers office. where is logic?

tullamore
BANNED

Post by tullamore » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:01 pm

A lot of "spin" happening on behalf of Mr Shatters' dept.....i wonder who's he's "spin doctor ?"

westerner
Newly Registered

Post by westerner » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:07 pm

tullamore wrote:A lot of "spin" happening on behalf of Mr Shatters' dept.....i wonder who's he's "spin doctor ?"
HA-ha-ha.....sounds like a case of "shattered dreams" for the most of us !!

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Aceform wrote:Yes, this is ridiculous. I don't mind if it takes 2 months. But just tell the truth and give us an indication of what's happening. The feeling of waiting is terrible
max1 wrote:from one side Mr Shatter wants to speed up the naturalisation process to six months and from another side it takes about 5 months to get applications back from ministers office.
Unfortunately, it is quite obvious that the department is plainly focusing on the backlog reduction. So not that they are very concerned for people's feelings.

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

Anyone who attended citizenship ceremony can tell us what was the procedure to attend and how the got invitation for this ceremony. Did they pay 950 Euros at Dublin castle or send draft to INIS in advance.

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 am

No sign of approvals after 22 of June. I guess another big burst of approvals is on the way after two weeks and this time ceremony will be even bigger. Maybe for couple of hundreds new citizens.... 8) :?:

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Eastend wrote:No sign of approvals after 22 of June. I guess another big burst of approvals is on the way after two weeks and this time ceremony will be even bigger. Maybe for couple of hundreds new citizens.... 8) :?:
Oh yes, I hope so, that would be quite delightful! Hopefully ours will be in the next batch :)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:43 pm

Eastend wrote:Anyone who attended citizenship ceremony can tell us what was the procedure to attend and how the got invitation for this ceremony. Did they pay 950 Euros at Dublin castle or send draft to INIS in advance.
According to INIS, those who attend last week were selected randomly from the approval list and are sent invitation letters and request for payment passport photographs etc ahead of the ceremony. The CoN are handed out on the day of the ceremony.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

ArtVision
Newly Registered

processing speed

Post by ArtVision » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:43 pm

Hello everyone,
great forum, thank for all your contribution to the topic,
here is my experience

Applied in Oct 2009 based on 5 year residency, no request for additional documents so far, I plan to send them my recent pay-slips and P21,
called INIS yesterday to ask about the status of my application:

The answer of a nice Mary: "based on your application number 68/94**/09, I can see you applied in Oct 2009, we are currently looking at May 2009 applications, when we reach yours it will be processed quickly"

No indication of time line was given to me, they really do not know.
It seems that with the current processing speed of 2000 applications per month, they should reach October 2009 batch in 2 month, assuming they work in a chronological order, in reality it will take longer.