ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW switching to tier 2 and help on extensions in Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hham1224

PSW switching to tier 2 and help on extensions in Tier 2

Post by hham1224 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Dear All,

Can anyone tell me that i am currently on PSW and working in the big firm. My current salary is £29000 p a. I have 1.5 years remaing in my PSW visa. After that I am planing to switch to tier 2 general.

Can u please tell me how long it will be given initially (tier 2) and can i been able to extend it in future.

After the expiry of my PSW i will be in UK for 8.5 years lawfully. I need extra 1.5 year. Please help me on this.

Kind Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: PSW switching to tier 2 and help on extensions in Tier 2

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:56 pm

hham1224 wrote:Can u please tell me how long it will be given initially (tier 2)
See 245HE(e).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
hham1224 wrote:Can u please tell me how long it will be given initially (tier 2)
See 245HE(e).
Also can I have to have atleast £40000 salary for the tier 2 general for the more than 1 year visa. I am not applying for the inter company transfer visa where i believe there is a short term and long term visa.

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:39 pm

hham1224 wrote:Dear All,

Can anyone tell me that i am currently on PSW and working in the big firm. My current salary is £29000 p a. I have 1.5 years remaing in my PSW visa. After that I am planing to switch to tier 2 general.

Can u please tell me how long it will be given initially (tier 2) and can i been able to extend it in future.

After the expiry of my PSW i will be in UK for 8.5 years lawfully. I need extra 1.5 year. Please help me on this.

Kind Regards,
I mean no offense but how could you have studied in the UK and lived for all these years when your English is so bad?

I had a look at your previous posts and just 2 weeks ago you were panicking about your PSW being refused and waiting on the Court decision on your appeal, whereas now you say you already have been on the PSW for half a year and have got a salary of 29k?

barbie1

Post by barbie1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:47 pm

hham1224 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
See 245HE(e).
Also can I have to have atleast £40000 salary for the tier 2 general for the more than 1 year visa. I am not applying for the inter company transfer visa where i believe there is a short term and long term visa.
No you do not need to have a salary of 40k pa to qualify for Tier 2.

As long as you have worked for your current employer on PSW for 6 months you qualify for Tier 2 General provided they are willing to sponsor you.

You need to be paid at the appropriate salary according to your job profile.

Here is the link to the Codes of Practice : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... duate-cop/

Find your job on there and determine whether you are paid at or above the HO specified appropriate salary rate. That will help you understand if your application will be successful.

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 pm

barbie1 wrote:
hham1224 wrote:Dear All,

Kind Regards,
I mean no offense but how could you have studied in the UK and lived for all these years when your English is so bad?

I had a look at your previous posts and just 2 weeks ago you were panicking about your PSW being refused and waiting on the Court decision on your appeal, whereas now you say you already have been on the PSW for half a year and have got a salary of 29k?
Firstly no offence taken and as far as my english is concerned, there might be some typing errors as i m not writing an application where i care about that.

2ndly I m still waiting 4 my psw visa from UKBA. the 6 month passed is my brother psw visa.

£29000 is an offered salary from EY uk.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:49 am

hham1224 wrote:the 6 month passed is my brother psw visa.
Then don't assume your brother's identity! When asking for assistance on someone else's behalf, state so!

And, in addition to COP reading the policy guidance should also help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hham1224

Post by hham1224 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 am

sushdmehta wrote:
hham1224 wrote:the 6 month passed is my brother psw visa.
Then don't assume your brother's identity! When asking for assistance on someone else's behalf, state so!

And, in addition to COP reading the policy guidance should also help.[/quote

£29000 salary is offered to me not to my brother but its delaying cuz my PSW is still pending on UKBA. One thing is that one have to plan for the future. Currently EY has no problem with the PSW but after that i need an extension.

I didnt find myself in breaching the code of practice of Immigration boards by asking for my brother case. Only thing is he didnt register himself here and asked me to ask the question.