ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NI-number in COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

NI-number in COS

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi ya,

Right now i am wokring as full time employee under 5 years work permit(old rules) valid from Jan 2009 to Jan 2014. Last week i got a job offer from a company and early this week the new company gave me a COS document(print out copy). I have couple of queries and hope some one would get back to me soon and i book the PEO appointment in next week.

Query-1

In my COS my NI numbers was shuffles (for example it starts with 0509XXX) but it was entered as 0905XXX- slightly mistaken. Does it really cause any problem to my TIer-2 application- If it really cause trouble to out come of my application can the company able to amend the COS and provide me the new COS again, does they have too pay again money for the Amended COS?

Quer-2

My Job title was not found in the specified titles and the company HR identified the job title might be close to 2129 (Engineering professionals not else ware classified) and of course the salary for 2129 code is 14.76 pounds /hour which is equivalent to 28782pounds pe anum and my salary is well above the specified.

I am wondering if the job title is not found on proposed Home office Job titles does it make sence to choose the code 2129.
Any body has such a experience in the past.

Your reply would be appreciated
Cheers