ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 MONTH VISA TO UK FROM SERBIA?! HELP NEEDED

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theboycj1
Newly Registered

6 MONTH VISA TO UK FROM SERBIA?! HELP NEEDED

Post by theboycj1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:45 pm

I have a friend who is a Serbian National who has been over to visit me over the last few months about 3 times who has had a 6 month general tourist visa but intend to be here a lot more this time.

The visa expires at the end of this month but they want to renew it to visit again and I was just seeing if they apply for another 6 month visa in the same way?

I heard that they may have to apply for an extension or that it may be hard to get?

Can anyone please clarify this as it would help out a lot.

Thanks

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: 6 MONTH VISA TO UK FROM SERBIA?! HELP NEEDED

Post by jms_uk » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:45 pm

theboycj1 wrote:I have a friend who is a Serbian National who has been over to visit me over the last few months about 3 times who has had a 6 month general tourist visa but intend to be here a lot more this time.
What do you mean by this? If he is not coming for tourist/visiting purposes, he should get appropriate visa.
theboycj1 wrote: I heard that they may have to apply for an extension or that it may be hard to get?
There is no extension for the C visa, he can only apply for a new one. Of course, amount of time spent in the UK might be a concern for the Embassy. No idea what are his circumstances, so can't specifically comment.

theboycj1
Newly Registered

Post by theboycj1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Well basically they have visited 3 times and stayed for a weekend at each time to see festivals and general visit the uk.

They will want a visa to do the same to explore the uk but be here for 1 month.

However can they apply twice in one year for two 6 month tourist visas?

Is there any rules on this?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:23 am

Please continue in your previous topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!