ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fz158

Post by fz158 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:59 pm

sure Shadow bro,

call letter was received 16 June 2011 and my wife submitted her passport at Gerrys Lahore on 24 June 2011.

Thanks
Zaki

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks Zaki :) added the info to SS.

Sammad, try and ask her calmly if there is anything that is bothering her. I take it she was all lovey dovey before coming over - considering how excited you were to have her come over.

Not sure if anybody would be able to help you out in this matter here as the matter is mostly concerning behavioural issues. It can get messy. I'd suggest seeing a professional about it. Whilst I am not a professional, I am known by friends as a good listener (or in this case, reader) and adviser on many topics. I can go on and on but feel that this topic is one to be discussed privately where off-topic/on-topic has no relevance.

At the end of the day every man/woman has their own way of dealing with problems. Some are so hot headed and some are peaceful and deal with it as appropriately as possible.

A step back and watching the whole story play before you and reacting in your own time, CALMLY, does a lot of wonders.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm

@shadow

Abudhabi Visa Section works sunday to thursday as in UAE the off-day of the week is Friday instead of Sunday. Since UKBA works 5 days a week so they take Saturday off too.

@sammad

Since you are sharing, one of my closest friend went through the same sitaution. it happens, there isnt anything new about it. all the people asking u to give her some time r giving u a good piece of advice.
decide to give her 3 months 6 months a year whatever u r easy with and after that period decide whatever u wanna do.
in my friends case, he divorced. but both of them r happy now.

okara87

Post by okara87 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Shadow86 wrote:
Sammad wrote:I want to send my wife back and give her a divorce Pakistan, since I want to marry another woman in Pakistan. My current wife is just unhappy/sickly etc we just don't get along. However when she found out I want a divorce she say's she will not leave and wants to stay in the country. Seems like she was only after the visa.
This post made my jaw drop open, didn't see this coming :shock:.

Not sure about what u mean with sickly.

Whilst I can see where Batley is coming from, if I can share a true story about my mum's friend's son. He is an amazing down to earth cool guy who would never do anybody wrong. He got married to a girl in Pak and she came over and stayed for some time - not sure if it was for over 2 years but after they both got a child, one night she took the baby boy and left the house. She had the audacity to put the blame on her in laws and husband for torturing her bla bla bla all bad things she said. Couple of years later she lets the kid come over to his dad's house to stay for a couple of days. Kid is about 4 years old right now. Whilst I cannot understand why she is doing this and what's going on in her head but it is true that some people get married to a British Citizen just for the visa.
Yes the "Love" is there before the person from Pak comes over but afterwards it's like as if he/she is using the British Citizen and then wham they come up with some crazy stuff.

For the curious ones, the guy who was wronged got married to someone from within family abroad now and he is happy alhamdulillah with his new partner.

So I guess it just goes to show that one must be EXTREMELY careful when marrying someone from abroad who is outside of family completely. Distant or close family (i.e. cousins) are least likely to do any wrong but hey its a dodgy world out there so you never know.

Sorry to hear about your situation Sammad. Hope it's just a misunderstanding and that all gets well. Divorce just doesn't exist in my dictionary but for those who need it, like Batley said, it should be a last resort as there are better methods to resolve issues - inshallah.

July is nearby so lets see if FaithHill and okara can get some news (okara, you awaiting for result in July, right? don't have ur details on the spreadsheet)
fz158 wrote:SAERAJ or Shadow86 brothers,

guys my wifes status changed today to "Your visa has been forwarded to the emabassy for processing on 26/04/2011"?

Does this defintely mean its going to be stamped any time soon and they will call her? Any rough time frame would be greatly appreciated if u have any info on what this exactly means.

By the way thanks for your help guys
Just saw ur message now Zaki, so that is great news, wait 26 as in today!!! u serious???? on a weekend!!!????? :shock: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways back to business, well it means that inshallah they will process ur wife's visa soon. This coming week inshallah and then send it back so that Gerry's can let your wife know its ready for collection sometime week commencing 4th July perhaps? If not then the following week. Your time is very close now, almost there Zaki :D.

Edit to update: Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Mine says the same thing!!!!!!!!!! :shock: NICEEEEEEEEE wow! Unbelivable! :shock: :D
hey my details are exactly the same as missy_22...
submitted: 15/04/11 LHE
and quite alarmingly thats all the infomation i have :s

@FaithHill i reckon by the 11th we should have a decision...

dilseabbassi

Post by dilseabbassi » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Hey guyz just an update, hubby's re-submitted his passport ect today, also got a letter stating that the respondant has withdrawn the original decision...so thats great news! just hope they dont take too long to send his passport back ive waited nearly 1 year now to see him..its been long enough lol!
calling letter 21/06/2011
forwarded to brittish embessy 27/06/11
Under process at BHC 11/07/11

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:51 pm

[hi there. Yeah inshALLAH Its not that far . . . . We're actually on the same boat lets pray. That it happens before 11 th ;="okara87"]
Shadow86 wrote:
Sammad wrote:I want to send my wife back and give her a divorce Pakistan, since I want to marry another woman in Pakistan. My current wife is just unhappy/sickly etc we just don't get along. However when she found out I want a divorce she say's she will not leave and wants to stay in the country. Seems like she was only after the visa.
This post made my jaw drop open, didn't see this coming :shock:.

Not sure about what u mean with sickly.

Whilst I can see where Batley is coming from, if I can share a true story about my mum's friend's son. He is an amazing down to earth cool guy who would never do anybody wrong. He got married to a girl in Pak and she came over and stayed for some time - not sure if it was for over 2 years but after they both got a child, one night she took the baby boy and left the house. She had the audacity to put the blame on her in laws and husband for torturing her bla bla bla all bad things she said. Couple of years later she lets the kid come over to his dad's house to stay for a couple of days. Kid is about 4 years old right now. Whilst I cannot understand why she is doing this and what's going on in her head but it is true that some people get married to a British Citizen just for the visa.
Yes the "Love" is there before the person from Pak comes over but afterwards it's like as if he/she is using the British Citizen and then wham they come up with some crazy stuff.

For the curious ones, the guy who was wronged got married to someone from within family abroad now and he is happy alhamdulillah with his new partner.

So I guess it just goes to show that one must be EXTREMELY careful when marrying someone from abroad who is outside of family completely. Distant or close family (i.e. cousins) are least likely to do any wrong but hey its a dodgy world out there so you never know.

Sorry to hear about your situation Sammad. Hope it's just a misunderstanding and that all gets well. Divorce just doesn't exist in my dictionary but for those who need it, like Batley said, it should be a last resort as there are better methods to resolve issues - inshallah.

July is nearby so lets see if FaithHill and okara can get some news (okara, you awaiting for result in July, right? don't have ur details on the spreadsheet)
fz158 wrote:SAERAJ or Shadow86 brothers,

guys my wifes status changed today to "Your visa has been forwarded to the emabassy for processing on 26/04/2011"?

Does this defintely mean its going to be stamped any time soon and they will call her? Any rough time frame would be greatly appreciated if u have any info on what this exactly means.

By the way thanks for your help guys
Just saw ur message now Zaki, so that is great news, wait 26 as in today!!! u serious???? on a weekend!!!????? :shock: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyways back to business, well it means that inshallah they will process ur wife's visa soon. This coming week inshallah and then send it back so that Gerry's can let your wife know its ready for collection sometime week commencing 4th July perhaps? If not then the following week. Your time is very close now, almost there Zaki :D.

Edit to update: Heyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! Mine says the same thing!!!!!!!!!! :shock: NICEEEEEEEEE wow! Unbelivable! :shock: :D
hey my details are exactly the same as missy_22...
submitted: 15/04/11 LHE
and quite alarmingly thats all the infomation i have :s

@FaithHill i reckon by the 11th we should have a decision...[/quote] :roll: :roll:

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:02 pm

@ Sammad pls relax and calm down. Discuss your problem with some professional counseller,ppl above are right. As there are few things that your mentioning here, need to be discussed in some privacy. Please think it over n over again. Best of luck!

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:24 am

Application submitted on 04/10/2010 at Lahore
Ready for collection on 29/12/2010
Refused on 29/12/2010
Appeal 20/01/2011 (my wife appealed in UK for my visa)
File Opening Date: 14/06/2011
Overturned decision: 05/06/2011
Call Letter 05/06/2011
Submit Passport 15/06/2011
your visa application has been dispatched to Islamabad OC 15/06/11
your visa application has been forwarded to the embassy for processing 19/06/2011
Still Waiting

Gerry's intl. staff said there is 90% chance to get visa and that make me confused is there possibility to refuse visa again?? :?

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:54 am

saeraj wrote:Help needed from the people who has experience of their own or the friends,

I applied for settlement visa as my wife has ILR.
Application Rejected: June 2010
Appeal Won:2nd Feb 2011
Call Letter Recieved: 14 Jun 2011 (after 19 weeks)
Resubmitted docs: 15 Jun 2011 @ gerrys ISL

I need to ask abt the application status:

1. your visa application has been dispatched to OC (15th June 11)
2. your visa application has been forwarded to the embassy for processing (19th June 11)

someone on the same blog told that normally it takes 14 days to change the status to "2" that is forwarded to embassy.

is it normal?
or is it because i did wait so long for call letter and now they are "compensating" me and processing the visa quickly?

Please share your experience
i have submit my passort on same date and status is also same so let me know when you got your pass port back and i will post hope you will get it soon and will good news

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:08 am

@agraceofman

interesting brother. i ll post any update and i ll appreciate if u do the same. we should give them 3 weeks, 2 already gone so 1 week (up to 6th july) to go.

best of luck to both of us

smalik87
Newly Registered

need adise peeps

Post by smalik87 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Salaam to all

Hope you are all well. congrats to all who have got their visas.

inshallah we all await for the next peeps verdict and inshallah all will be postive will be praying for all.

Wanted to know if my hubby comes august to UK can he travel outside of UK when he comes we both want to go turkey for holiday in september

any advice is he allowed or does he have to stay in UK????

saeraj

Re: need adise peeps

Post by saeraj » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:11 pm

smalik87 wrote:Salaam to all

inshallah we all await for the next peeps verdict and inshallah all will be postive will be praying for all.

Wanted to know if my hubby comes august to UK can he travel outside of UK when he comes we both want to go turkey for holiday in september

why not? he can go any where he wants to go.
the only thing UKBA would check after 27 months (when he ll apply for ILR) is that you both are together.

best of luck

smalik87
Newly Registered

Re: need adise peeps

Post by smalik87 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:41 pm

saeraj wrote:
smalik87 wrote:Salaam to all

why not? he can go any where he wants to go.
the only thing UKBA would check after 27 months (when he ll apply for ILR) is that you both are together.

best of luck

thats great thanks for letting me know.

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Sammad........so sorry to hear of your sitou.........but having read ur latest post I have to say the following:

Your last line of:

'I just don't want her to talk to me unless I talk to her, I just want her to obey me and not question and annoy me'

Seems you are quite dominant, yes it is a wife's duty to obey her husband, but dont forget the husbands duty too, a husband also has a duty to care & protect his wife...........and why can she not question u? As long as the questions are legit then why not???

And I don't agree with you calling your dad 'dumb' especially on a forum full of strangers - parents only want the best for their children....something all of us will find out one day when we have our own Inshallah

No offence intended.............May Allah help u solve ur problems ameen

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:02 pm

I think there is a guilty conscious somewhere in that anger.Remember anger is the cause of all problems :(

UKVA4

Post by UKVA4 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Assalam o Alikum. Does any valuable member of this forum know that when does UKBA website "guide to processing times" section gets updated? Loads of prayers requested. Regards

Shadow86
Member of Standing

Post by Shadow86 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 pm

UKVA4 wrote:Assalam o Alikum. Does any valuable member of this forum know that when does UKBA website "guide to processing times" section gets updated? Loads of prayers requested. Regards
I think it's about every 3 months that they update it...
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CPqzu-0I

P.S. Above spreadsheet no longer being monitored and edited by myself.

northern_lass
Newly Registered

Post by northern_lass » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:13 pm

I am a frequent browser of this thread as I am waiting for my fiancee to get his visa from Pakistan.

I just wanted to say a massive thankyou to saeraj for posting the number of the abu dhabi office. My fiance and I have been waiting seven weeks for the call letter with no luck. I rang Abu Dhabi this morning and spoke to a very helpful lady. Two minutes later the Call Letter was sat in my email inbox.

So hopefully we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel (although ramadan being in August is going to make wedding planning difficult!).

Anyway many thanks for all the useful information and advice I have found on here.

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:14 am

Application submitted on 04/10/2010 at Lahore
Refused on 29/12/2010
Call Letter 05/06/2011
your visa application has been forwarded to the embassy for processing 19/06/2011
Visa application is under process at the British High Commission. 06/28/2011

Still Waiting what next ???

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:45 am

agraceofman wrote:Application submitted on 04/10/2010 at Lahore
Refused on 29/12/2010
Call Letter 05/06/2011

@agraceofman
same here brother, i have recieved the same update on same date.
now i am a bit confuse.
is not it seems like these txts are pre-written to be sent on specific dates????
i was expecting "ready to collect" txt. still hopeful to recieve passport in next week.
what do u think?

saeraj

Post by saeraj » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:49 am

northern_lass wrote:I am a frequent browser of this thread as I am waiting for my fiancee to get his visa from Pakistan.

I just wanted to say a massive thankyou to saeraj for posting the number of the abu dhabi office. My fiance and I have been waiting seven weeks for the call letter with no luck. I rang Abu Dhabi this morning and spoke to a very helpful lady. Two minutes later the Call Letter was sat in my email inbox.

So hopefully we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel (although ramadan being in August is going to make wedding planning difficult!).

Anyway many thanks for all the useful information and advice I have found on here.
@northern_lass
feeling very happy. thanks for appreciating.

agraceofman

Post by agraceofman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:50 am

saeraj wrote:
agraceofman wrote:Application submitted on 04/10/2010 at Lahore
Refused on 29/12/2010
Call Letter 05/06/2011

@agraceofman
same here brother, i have recieved the same update on same date.
now i am a bit confuse.
is not it seems like these txts are pre-written to be sent on specific dates????
i was expecting "ready to collect" txt. still hopeful to recieve passport in next week.
what do u think?
well after this i am damn confused either i was expecting the same as you but see and i have no idea what will next did i will really got visa or there is possibility to refuse again :?
well i will let update as soon i got something new hoping for something good best of luck to you too

FaithHill

Post by FaithHill » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 am

UKVA4 wrote:Assalam o Alikum. Does any valuable member of this forum know that when does UKBA website "guide to processing times" section gets updated? Loads of prayers requested. Regards
After Two months.... :)

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 am

@ northern_lass

great news about call letter

did you fax birmingham presenting officers unit (did they reply?) or just call Abu Dhabi?

I'm waiting for call letter since allowed appeal too but 6 weeks arent up yet so will chase after 2 more if not heard anything by then

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 am

Guys

Just received call letter via email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to saeraj............I must have contacted the right dept somewhere along the line to get call letter so quickly!!!!!!!!!

Happy days!!!!!!!!!!!