ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What does it mean by "Your visa will be despatched shor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunjay

What does it mean by "Your visa will be despatched shor

Post by sunjay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 am

My wife applied for her dependent visa one week ago and today she received an automated email from UKBA Manila Visa Hub saying -
"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days."

Does it mean that they approved the visa?

sunjay

Post by sunjay » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Can anyone please give his/her valuable opinion? I'm getting paranoid and gonna loose some sleep :?

mharoon22
Newly Registered

Post by mharoon22 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:21 am

it means that the application you have submitted is prossesed and you will receive your paspport shortly it does not mean you have been/or not granted a visa you will only find out when you will get you documents it just only means that they have decided on your case and it will be with you shortly ..

sunjay

Post by sunjay » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:20 pm

mharoon22 wrote:it means that the application you have submitted is prossesed and you will receive your paspport shortly it does not mean you have been/or not granted a visa you will only find out when you will get you documents it just only means that they have decided on your case and it will be with you shortly ..
Thanks for your input mharoon22. But what I do understand from the letter is that they have issued the visa and despatched it. If they haven't issued any visa how come they can despatch it?

I also did some google search and found following links:

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/t ... ID=2044707

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 820AAyNXhC

When this application was refused few months ago they sent me a text with something along the line - "Your application has been processed and passport is ready for collection". Note that they never mentioned the word "visa".

In my opinion, BHC could've been clearer about their wording. Because, people tend to start worrying and loose their nights' sleep over this.

Thanks.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:32 pm

The VAC don't comment on the outcome of applications. Probably because if they did they'd get arguments from aggrieved applicants.

It merely means the passport is coming back to you, not that the visa has been issued.

sunjay

Post by sunjay » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 pm

The Station Agent wrote:The VAC don't comment on the outcome of applications. Probably because if they did they'd get arguments from aggrieved applicants.

It merely means the passport is coming back to you, not that the visa has been issued.
If thats the case shouldnt they change their wording to more neutral tone? They couldve used the word "Passport" instead of "Visa".

Im not trying to be pedantic but just taking whatever they said literally. May be Im just too worried and need to look at things differently.

Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:28 am

Why are you asking a question if you don't want to accept what you don't want to hear.

When my visa was approved a few months ago, all I got was "Your application has been processed and your passport is ready for collection."

The VAC's don't know what the outcome of the application is. They get the passport back in a sealed envelope without any information about what actually happened with the application, so they cannot tell you whether the visa was approved or declined.

It doesn't make any difference any way, you just need to be patient.

rdingwall
Newly Registered

Post by rdingwall » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:02 pm

mulderpf wrote:Why are you asking a question if you don't want to accept what you don't want to hear.

When my visa was approved a few months ago, all I got was "Your application has been processed and your passport is ready for collection."

The VAC's don't know what the outcome of the application is. They get the passport back in a sealed envelope without any information about what actually happened with the application, so they cannot tell you whether the visa was approved or declined.

It doesn't make any difference any way, you just need to be patient.
+1 I got this email a few days ago too for my Tier 2 (UKBA-Manila Visa Hub), and called the 0900 UKBA visa consultants to ask what it meant. (My visa hasn't shown up in the mail yet, and I am very anxious to know the outcome so I can start booking plans etc). Despite the wording which suggests the existence of a new visa, the rep confirmed "Your visa will be despatched shortly" is a standard form email that always gets sent regardless if your application was approved or rejected.

Due to privacy laws or something they're not allowed to tell you the real result via email, nor could she look it up for me over the phone, despite me paying $12 for the call (grr). She said if my application was refused, however, a cover letter will be included with the returned passport explaining why.